Old 12-08-2008, 02:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default OT: Never underestimate a 2yr Old

So DB works for a company where he has a van that he brings home every night. Tonight he lost the key to the van and could not find it anywhere, we looked in every nook and cranny you can think of, we lifted couches, tore apart beds everything! About three hours later DB is panicking because he has to work tomorrow and he didnt know how he was going go get to work with no van key. He was just about to dump out the trash when I turn to our two-year old son and say "Owen, do you know where daddy's key is?" Owen then runs to the love seat, the one that we turned over twice mind you points the right side and goes, "Douch Douch, key Key and vigorously starts nodding his head up and down. DB decides to pick the couch up from the side and we look, no key we even look through all the metal no key. DB then gives couch a little shake and low and behold out falls the van key. I couldn't believe it. I still have no idea how my 2-year old saw this very well hidden key, knew excatly which one we were looking for, and we didn't. Even after sighs of relief, enormous praise and numerous high-fives, I still don't think Owen realizes to the exact extent on how h saved the day. I think small very young children are often underestimated, so next time your little guy or girl is trying to tell you something, take the time to really listen, it could be very important!!
luvmyinnerdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:11 AM   #2  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

People do always underestimate kids! Kids are sooooooooooooooo amazingly unfiltered and intelligent!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

Children are soooo smart. I work as a nanny and I know this first hand. It's amazing how perceptive they are.
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #4  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Wow! That's amazing . But... maybe he knew where the key was because he put it there himself?
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

That is soo cute! i have 2 year old and he has those moments too! lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwing View Post
Wow! That's amazing . But... maybe he knew where the key was because he put it there himself?
Lol yeah we thought about that to, but my DB also feel asleep on that couch to, but if even if he did put them there, he remebered them hours later, and knew exactly what key we were looking for!
luvmyinnerdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/141/126

Height: 5'4"

lol, great story.

My 2 year old helped me find my missing ring once!

Looks like instead of getting one of those key beepers, everyone just needs to get a 2 year old! LOL. -just kidding-

Last edited by mudskippersgrl; 12-08-2008 at 10:49 AM.
mudskippersgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Haha that is too cute!! I have a 2yr old and we have lots of moments like that in this house!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote