Old 12-08-2008, 06:22 AM   #16  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Ah, I like when my boyfriend drunk dials me. Since my boyfriend and I have gotten together more than 2 years ago, I can count the days we've been apart on my fingers. Sometimes I am annoyed with him, sometimes I am bored with him, but as soon as he's out of my sight, I miss him. Usually he sends me an email when I'm at work and I think a little "yay!" when I see his name in my inbox. I'm definitely finding that the key to keeping the fire going is to giving it a little air to breathe.

Jelbb, I'm sure you've got a 5 Alarm burning about now.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

My bf drunk dialed me this weekend. He went out on sat and I stayed home to get some work done on my distance studies course. 2 am my phone's ringing and it's the bf. He asked me to come pick him up from the bar, b/c he wanted to spend the night with me. I asked him if it was a booty call, and he said no he just wanted me in bed beside him. It was kinda sweet....
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Jelbb, have an AMAZING time in ireland!!! been there a couple times and fall in love with the accent (and personalities) every time.

Happy moment was last night when my fiance and i were heading home after having dinner and I volunteered watching Sex and the City Movie totally assuming he would fire it down immediately -- as he does with any girly movie. He didn't! He instead it was my night and we watched that and Love Actually. We enjoyed the night with some red wine. It was sweet.
*sigh* gotta love when you remember reasons why you love someone.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #19  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Awww. I love all you guys so much.

And prepping, I know what you mean. Little reminders about why you adore someone...
I txted him and asked if he wanted to play pool with a few people on Sunday when I get there, and he txted back, "Ahh... I actually bought us tickets to go ice skating on Sunday night..."

How ADORABLE is that?

And then he made fun of me, because I told him I couldn't bring my skates in my luggage, and he thought it was weird that I owned skates, lol.

THREE DAYS! Well, a little less than 4 at least.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:25 AM   #20  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post

And then he made fun of me, because I told him I couldn't bring my skates in my luggage, and he thought it was weird that I owned skates, lol.

THREE DAYS! Well, a little less than 4 at least.
I own skates too! There's no shame in it.

Also I'm so jealous you're leaving the day before I go out to San Francisco to see my boy. Although I'm leaving at 6:30am on Saturday so it's almost like Friday. But I am so antsy about it. I just need it to be NOW. AND to make matters worse I have a 16 page paper due on Friday so while I'm super excited to go and have a little countdown going on my dashboard (4 days 11 hours and 46 minutes, but who's counting ) I have done 0 things to actually get ready. No laundry, no packing, nothing.

Last month when I went out there I overslept and didn't even get a chance to shower or do my hair or put on make up and just barely made it on the plane. I'm hoping for better luck this time.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 AM   #21  
Queen Yo-yo

Haha, HEY, I have a countdown in MY dashboard!!! 3 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 42 seconds.

...but who's counting, indeed.

I'm in the same boat as you, Thursday night from 7-9 pm I've got my Italiano final exam, lol. Boo. I just wanna be DONE and on the PLANE and in my boyfriend's arms.
I'm hella worried about how I'm gonna look after:

1. 1.5 hour trip to airport
2. 2-3 hour long wait IN airport
3. 1-2 hour long flight.
4. 4 hour stopover.
5. 7 hour flight.
6. It's 2 am my time when I arrive there, and 7 am his. HE gets to shower. *I* will look like arse.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #22  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
Haha, HEY, I have a countdown in MY dashboard!!! 3 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 42 seconds.

...but who's counting, indeed.

I'm in the same boat as you, Thursday night from 7-9 pm I've got my Italiano final exam, lol. Boo. I just wanna be DONE and on the PLANE and in my boyfriend's arms.
I'm hella worried about how I'm gonna look after:

1. 1.5 hour trip to airport
2. 2-3 hour long wait IN airport
3. 1-2 hour long flight.
4. 4 hour stopover.
5. 7 hour flight.
6. It's 2 am my time when I arrive there, and 7 am his. HE gets to shower. *I* will look like arse.

Can you wear some comfy sweats on the flight and perhaps bring an outfit to change into before you land? Also, don't forget your make-up bag.

When I have a long flight and need to look good I usually do a quick freshen-up in the bathroom (wash my hands and face, re-apply make-up). It really helps.

Unfortunately, my bg gripe with getting off a plane (or picking someone up who has been flying all day) is that for about an hour afterwards, you smell like airplane. I swear that smell gives me instant jet lag!

Last edited by junebug41; 12-09-2008 at 10:13 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #23  
Queen Yo-yo

REALLY? I've never noticed a plane smell, lol. But now that you've said it, I'm sure I probably will, lmao.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #24  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

2 more days, Jelbb! Is your tummy doing flip flops?!!
I'm so super excited for you! I can't wait for all the juicy details... okay maybe not the juicy ones, but all the regular details at least! I've never been to Ireland, especially to see a beau!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #25  
Let's do this!

It's recycled air/stale coffee smell.

This is probably NOT helping at it is probably just me- ever since I quit smoking I have super human scent abilities.

I'm sure you will be hot and the man will be flipping over himself to see you
Old 12-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #26  
Queen Yo-yo

Well, 2 days and 23 hours,. It still feels like forever because I have an exam to write on Thursday night, hehe.

My stomach's not doing any flip flops at all, but ONLY because I'm still in total SHOCK, lol. I still can't quite fathom that I'm going anywhere, I haven't packed or anything... man, I should get on that, hehe.

June: I'm DEFO gonna bring my makeup now. I didn't even think to freshen up in the airplane bathroom, but that's a good idea. I always just thought, well, I won't have time to find a bathroom between baggage claim and the gate... but why not do it on the plane?
Sadly, my makeup is what usually makes me feel like I look alright, so that's a good call.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

remember deodorant and perfume too! and a brush.... Oh! and toothbrush + toothpaste.

prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #28  
Let's do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by preppingbride View Post
remember deodorant and perfume too! and a brush.... Oh! and toothbrush + toothpaste.

All of these are ESSENTIAL. I have a little vial of perfume oil that's not *too* strong, but has sucha fresh scent that I use particularly for planes.

And yes, BRUSH YOUR TEETH before you disembark (love, mom)
Old 12-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I second the airport bathroom, make application! I do it all the time when I travel for work. I have a solid perfume, that's a citrus sent that I take with me when I travel b/c it's so refreshing. My other long flight tip is to wear my hair in a french braid, then take it out once I land. Then I have a sexy wavy thing going on with my hair, throw on a head band and you're good to go! This is definately my saviour when I haveta take the red eye to Toronto!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #30  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

There's a bathroom in baggage claim in Dublin Just thought you should know!

It would be really funny if we somehow managed to walk past each other in dublin somewhere

You must be so excited!
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote