Old 12-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Crap.

I'm trying to write an essay... and my housemate has friends over, so she's taken over the living room where I usually work. And I don't have a desk or chair in my too-small room, so I'm sitting on my bed... and I'm falling asleep...

And when I jerk awake and try to concentrate on my work, all I can think about is how much I wanna get in my car and go get a giant thing of McDonald's fries. I'm not hungry at all. I'm just tired and unproductive and not wanting to work, and REALLY want to eat junk food instead of trying to think...

Quick. Tell me how much I don't need these calories. I haven't LOST a whole pound in over a week now. I had an ultra low weigh-in at 148.2 on Monday, but it's just bouncing around between 148.8 and 149.8 now, and I'm annoyed that I feel like I'm working so hard to avoid junk, and I'm still just maintaining.

It's one of those days... one of those days where you feel like giving up.
I wanna sleep...
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

you DONT need those fries. You need some motivation! When i really dont want to write essays, i say "if i write just 150 words, then i can go and get a glass of water/have a walk around/day dream for 5 mins" etc. Gotta pace yourself! And stay away from those fries!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:04 PM   #3  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Just remember that little black dress you bought. McDonalds fries can prevent you from wearing it.
Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Instead of eating junk, why don't you tell us what your paper is about. It mght get the juices flowing!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Baby girl you really, REALLY don't want those fries. Think of all the progress you've made and how much these fries are going to upset that! You can do it! I know you can, don't let the munchies take you!!
JRockSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #6  
Queen Yo-yo

OKAY.
So. I got up and walked around my house for a few minutes to wake myself up.
I was still feeling munchie, but I chose the lesser of two evils... I got myself a couple of 40 calorie rice cakes instead of a 400 calorie thing of fries. I got myself a giant cup of water and dumped in half a packet of crystal lite (I know, I'm weird. I hate juices that are really thick or sweet, I like them watered down.... So I use HALF a packet of the crystals, lmao.)

My essay's on Charles Dicken's "A Christmas Carol" which sounds fun, but... when you're in 4th year of university, it's no longer a fun thesis like, "Scrooge is grumpy, and the ghosts make him happy! " it's a little more like...
In the narration of “A Christmas Carol,” Charles Dickens destabilizes the reader’s notion of the character’s identity as separate from his or her own physicality. In the second stave specifically, he seeks to draw the reader’s attention to both Scrooge’s, the spirit’s, and the reader’s own bodily presence, drawing the reader into the text at a higher level of awareness of the characters’ (and their own) immediate surroundings. This emphasis on physicality encourages an emotional reaction on the part of the reader to each of the characters specifically.
...which incidentally, is my thesis... *yawns loudly*

Last edited by Jelbb; 12-03-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #7  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

You Do Not Need Those Fries!!!
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #8  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I think I might turn into a Scrooge after doing that, too!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

First you don't need the McD's fries (and I say that tounge in cheek because I crashed and had them for lunch today) but be better then me. Second I can totally agree with the paper writing problem, I'm trying to read a book and write a paper off of it while my roommates boyfriend study in her room so she comes into the livingroom where I am working and starts talking on the phone. Then she wants to talk to me with how she is mad at her sister for having a bad attitude towards their parents. And the worst part she knows I'm working.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #10  

Jelbb! That essay sounds so interesting! I miss Uni so much!! I am at college for a year long graduate program but it just isn't academically challenging. Last year I was complaining about essays and this year I am wishing to write them lol. I am a huge geek though.

Good luck! I used to drink lots of water to stay awake but I also ate crap and that is how I gained weight.

You don't need those fries you will be so fab without them!
Squirrelygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

If you want to feel guilty about those large fries all week long then go for it! But if you want to feel proud of yourself for not giving in then go for that too!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #12  

I totally feel ya, I am currently writing an essay (for an urban studies class) and my mind is wandering to food. but i'm glad rice cakes prevailed
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

For once i think it'd be funny if someone was just like "go eat the damn fries". I don't mean it but I think it'd make me chuckle if I saw someone wrote that.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #14  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I know the feeling Jelbb. I'm writing a 16 page paper about budgeting for film. Nothing says party like a budget.

Although for the production I just worked on, one of my jobs was calling around for free beer (which we got a decent amount of). But it's hard to work that into an academic paper sadly.

Also sometimes when I'm just bored of working taking a break helps. Do a little yoga, stretching, or dance around to something good on iTunes. I was going to suggest listening to NPR, but then realized what a big, big nerd I am. Although "As It Happens" is on, which I love because it's Canada news which they generally run out of after about 20 minutes and then fill the rest of the hour with really random stories. Over the summer (or maybe it was last summer) they followed this story of this guy who washed up on shore somewhere in England and wouldn't/couldn't speak but could play the piano. After like a month of this, it turned out he was faking the whole time!

Last edited by SavingServo; 12-04-2008 at 12:06 AM.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #15  
Queen Yo-yo

I love that there are other people suffering through essays right now. Misery loves company, of course!

Kelli: Lmao. Least supportive person ever award would go to THAT guy.

Carey and Colleen: Essays over ASAP!!!