Old 12-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarwbz View Post
Jrock, where in California are you from? My BF works as a video game tester, and the company he works for is always hiring for the night crew.
From southern California, San Diego area for video game testing don't you have to know codes and stuff? I don't know coding for coputers

TXJess My best friends are all gamers, my boyfriend is a gamer, too. My life is surrounded by gaming it's a good life
JRockSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #17  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

Hah! That's sort of how I met my husband. A navy friend of mine played and got my husband playing. Then we moved to a game where we could actually talk more (Everquest) and realized we lived 30 miles from each other and the rest is history.

I'm always happy when I find other female gamers because it's so male dominated. Drives me crazy. I don't want to sit around and talk about boobies while we kill stuff.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #18  

Exactly. I'm not only a female gamer, I can get competetive. My little sister's boyfriend is a some what gamer, he plays all the gung-ho games like Halo and is constantly trying to belittle me because I'm a female gamer. What he doesn't know is that I created an alternate profile and constantly seek him out in games, then take him down I love hearing him get all pissed off and then lie about it later. Cracks me up!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockSoldier View Post
From southern California, San Diego area for video game testing don't you have to know codes and stuff? I don't know coding for coputers
Ohh. The place he works at is in Northridge, 2k games. Nope you don't have to know coding or anything. Basically all you do it play the video game and write reports for the bugs that you find. He says it a really easy fun job.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #20  

Quote:
Ohh. The place he works at is in Northridge, 2k games. Nope you don't have to know coding or anything. Basically all you do it play the video game and write reports for the bugs that you find. He says it a really easy fun job.
Sounds like something I need to get into
Old 12-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Ever since the first time I watched Grandma's Boy, I've decided that this is my back-up career if the whole scientist thing doesn't work out. As hard as it is to get NIH grants these days, I guess it's good to have a plan!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
Ever since the first time I watched Grandma's Boy, I've decided that this is my back-up career if the whole scientist thing doesn't work out. As hard as it is to get NIH grants these days, I guess it's good to have a plan!
oh man I love that movie
Old 12-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #23  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Honey, you write the scripts and storylines, and I'll pound out some art for you. I want to get into some kind of graphic design.

Sounds like a pain in the *** job. My boss is new, and she's equally incompetent. She's like... 23 (!!!) and completely useless. She's got no experience in management at all, she has no idea how to gain the respect of others, and she doesn't do the things that are expected of a regular employee, much less a manager. She has a nasty habit of changing or canceling our shifts without telling us, and she's loud, obnoxious and unprofessional.
When one of my coworkers and I got up the cajones to admit to her that we didn't feel comfortable talking to her, she went on a huge ramble about how cool she is and how she doesn't mind if we wanna come in and talk about how wasted we got the night before.
My coworker and I didn't even know what to say. For starters, sure, we go out for a few drinks, but neither of us get hammered every weekend, and that's not what we meant AT ALL in saying we didn't feel comfortable talking to her... lordie.

Ugh. Anyhow. I get your pain. I'm sick to my stomach thinking about working there when I get home from Ireland.

Speaking of which, I might be moving to Ireland, so that's BADASS that you're heading over to the other side of the pond as well.

...okay, back to essay writing...

Last edited by Jelbb; 12-03-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
Honey, you write the scripts and storylines, and I'll pound out some art for you. I want to get into some kind of graphic design.
ok!! !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
Ugh. Anyhow. I get your pain. I'm sick to my stomach thinking about working there when I get home from Ireland.

Speaking of which, I might be moving to Ireland, so that's BADASS that you're heading over to the other side of the pond as well.
omg I love Ireland!!! I've been there a few times, first time was when I was in high school and I was on tour (singing) People are sooooooo awesome there