Old 11-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Default Some information on the 30 day shred

Hey girls!

I have heard alot about this 30 day shred DVD everybody swears by and I just want to know a little bit of information on it. I was going to buy it from Amazon, but didn't want to buy it unless I heard good things about it. I go to the gym now, but I feel like I'm not getting the results I would like, and heard that this DVD really motivates people that maybe aren't as motivated as they wanna be. Some questions I have is this:

Does it, or can it replace a gym workout?
Do you get as much out of this workout as you would going to the gym?
Does it motivate you?
Do you have to do it everyday, or every other day?
Do you need anything besides the DVD to use this? (ie: weights, mats, workout bands)

Any information would be greatly appreciated as I would like to buy this soon if it really works in kicking your butt. Thanks.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #2  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks for posting this, I was kind of wondering too
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:42 PM   #3  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Does it, or can it replace a gym workout?
For me it has to - I can't make it to the gym let alone afford the gym. I do walk as much as I can but this workout has been responsible for some serious inches lost that I have never seen at the gym. Jillian says through out the whole workout how this workout will replace hours wasted at the gym and I believe it- I have never had this good of a workout at the gym. And it's only 20 minutes long!

Do you get as much out of this workout as you would going to the gym?
Absolutely

Does it motivate you? Yes, for sure. Because of this workout I"ve become more conscious of what I eat, how I treat my body. I feel really motivated because I've seen results quickly and even though I haven't lost a lot of pounds I've lost inches and I can wear my skinny jeans every day now.

Do you have to do it everyday, or every other day? I only notice results when I do it every day.

Do you need anything besides the DVD to use this? (ie: weights, mats, workout bands)
You will need light weights 2-5 pounds, one for each hand. I use a yoga mat but not necessary - wear a sports bra and tennis shoes. And you're ready to go.

I can not praise this workout enough, it literally has changed me. I know that sounds lame, but it's true. Just read on the 30-day shred thread, you'll see Here We Go Again- I am pretty sure it was her- she's lost 14 inches on it.

You can do it at any weight & skill level, she modifies it for beginners and you can stay on Level 1 as long as you need to.

It's recommended to do each level for 10 days before progressing, but you can do more if needed.

I swear by it, and I know I'm not the only one. It works because it's a circuit, and so you do strength, cardio and then abs 3 times over. That routine burns calories, blasts fat, and trims your muscles. It's effective when you stick with it and do it each day. GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by carcar05; 11-18-2008 at 02:53 PM.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #4  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Wow, that last person answered all the questions so well, I don't have much to say.
I use 3 pound weights. I don't need a mat, since we have carpet.
It really is a tough workout! This first few times through each level I could not do it all. But I gradually got better and was able to do more.
It's nice that it's so short. It says it's 20 minutes, but I think it's more like 25. It is great to be able to do it everyday, but you don't have to.
I think it's great!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #5  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Oh- another thing BethBeth reminded me for some reason- the first 3 or 4 days I was so so sore I could barely move. Honestly- but I did not skip a day in that first level and at about day 5 I wasn't sore at all anymore. My friend started the same day as me but did it every other day and she gave up on it because seh was so sore. In my opinion, it's the sort of thing you need to just keep with it or you will not succeed with it.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #6  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I use it too, but not every day. I'm very happy with it - it was really hard at first but it gets easier soon. You see yourself progressing! I don't really have any hard data about weight or inches loss, because I use other exercise too. I try to exercise every day, and I do the 30 day shred when I don't have time for something else. I do it probably 2 or 3 times a week. It is probably harder when you don't do it every day, but quite doable - especially when you do other exercise too and already are a bit trained. The idea of the DVD itself, though, is that you do it every day.

I can really recommend it . The only problem I have is that our floors are quite creaky so when I do the jumpy exercises all my housemates are probably wondering what the **** I am doing. And I can really recommend wearing shoes. Otherwise some of the things are too hard on the ankles.

Good luck with it
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Hey Cel- Car answered the questions so great. I love this work out. I did lose 14 inches in 30 days and it was all that I was doing. I measured my chest, waist , stomach, hips, thighs, upper arms, wrist. I can tell I've lost in my ankles and feet as well, but didn't measure them.

One thing I will say is that each level will get easier and easier. You'll want to move on, but if you stick to 10 days on each level, I believe you'll get the best results. I wanted to move up especially on level 1, but I'm glad that I didn't b/c I wouldn't have been ready for level 2. Just be faithful with it and you will get results.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #8  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

14 inches in 30 days......... that's incredible.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Carcar- You answered my questions, and then some! Thank you so much for answering in full detail. I realy appreciated the way you answered everything.

Here we go again- Good for you! I'm so glad somebody got results, and great results at that because now I feel like I can do it and get some results finally, all in the comfort of my own home!

To everybody else- Thanks for the quick responses, and since none of these responses were negative, I am going to go forth and buy this DVD. I think this is what I need to get some motivation and some results and maybe I will like working out a little bit more. Thanks so much!!
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190 / 160 / 115

Height: 5'2

carcar05 said it all! I'd like to add that when I watched the workout for the first time, I was like, "This looks to easy," compared to other videos I've been doing (Slim in 6). But then I actually did it, and I felt like I was dying the first day. You'll love it
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #11  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

I agree with njoytheride, it is definitely harder than it looks! But it is completely worth it, I can really feel the burn!
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 8"

I think you all have convinced me to try this as well. I'd die if I lost 14 inches in 30 days!
Moonlight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #13  
Skinny Inside

I've been looking for information on this everywhere! Thanks!
yogajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'3"

I just did it for the first time today and it is really great. I was going to do a bit of cardio before from another DVD as I was doing this in place of going to the gym but I am so glad I didn't. You wouldn't think you could get such a good workout in 20 minutes.

I would definitely recommend making sure you have a good sports bra though. There is plenty of jumping around

Also it has my absolute favourite feature for any fitness DVD. A music only option! Once I've done a DVD a few times I get really bored of listening to the same chatter every day.
AngelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Music only option?!? What is this!?! Oh my goodness... I'm going to check all my DVD's when I get home! I didn't know that existed. Those instructors get pretty annoying after a few work outs.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote