Old 11-22-2008, 01:54 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

It seems that most people think this works best if you do it every day. But it is strength training right? And you're supposed to rest muscles at least 48 hours after weight lifting. Is it just not very intense so you can do it every day? Or do some people think it's better to do every other day?
katie3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:03 AM   #32  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

It's not really strength training, there are some strength training portions but they are very short - the whole thing works your muscles of course, but in a circuit.

And just FYI- there is no real rock hard evidence that resting your muscles while strength training is actually effective for preventing injury or helping you build more muscle. My father in law is a body builder and he informed me on this and gave me some good resources to prove it! haha!

Anyway- I do it every day, but I give myself a break on Sundays. It works great! It's also only 20 minutes a day. If it were like an hour or 2 hours a day I'd say you will want to take a day off here and there, but its' only 20 minutes. There is no excuse why you shouldn't do it each day unless you simply don't want to.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:45 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 264/264/140

Im sooo gonna get this, 20 mins and you can slob out again, yet you get a good workout, sound good to me.

I need something to get my bum moving

*wanders over to ebay*
lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Alright girls, I did this yesterday and I was so surprised at how hard my body was pushed. My legs and arms hurt SO bad today I cant even explain it. I think Im going to skip the "abs" portion of it because its kinda pointless to do them if you have flab there, or am I wrong and should just do it? I was so out of breath I thought I was going to die. Anyways, I can tell this is really going to push my body so I'm ready!! Hopefully I'll be able to get through it a little bit easier as time goes on.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

You do everything!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #36  

O alright, then I guess I'll do it haha. That DVD really kicked my butt, but I hope my endurance will go up by my 6th or 7th day like she said on the DVD, so I can finally catch my breath!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

it w ill just stick to it and you will be VERY HAPPY with the results in a few days only
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:20 PM   #38  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

CeliGirl- You gotta do the whole thing girl! It'll be worth it! Our bodies work best when ALL our muscles are pushed, and when they are tightened together etc it helps our bodies to function like the well oiled machines they should be. So just keep at it, and take breaks as you need to, but that ab section is really important. So keep it up!! GOOD LUCK! It WILL get easier- if a fat chick like me can do this, so can you! AND if it helps, my nearly 50 year old mom is doing it too and has stuck with it, she's on day 7 now!

You can do it, you can do it!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:20 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/120

carcar05 thanks for the response.

I think I just may get this DVD as it seems amazing and I need a basic workout.
katie3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:57 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar05 View Post
CeliGirl- You gotta do the whole thing girl! It'll be worth it! Our bodies work best when ALL our muscles are pushed, and when they are tightened together etc it helps our bodies to function like the well oiled machines they should be. So just keep at it, and take breaks as you need to, but that ab section is really important. So keep it up!! GOOD LUCK! It WILL get easier- if a fat chick like me can do this, so can you! AND if it helps, my nearly 50 year old mom is doing it too and has stuck with it, she's on day 7 now!

You can do it, you can do it!
You always have such great words of advice!! Its going to be so hard for me but I am definately gonna keep going at it and I know once it gets easier I will be happy and I will most definately be happy with the results.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:01 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Katie3181: I'd wondered the same thing so I'm glad you asked! But I realized you're not doing any weight training with the lower body, just using your own body weight. I have read repeatedly though that you shouldn't work the same muscle (using weights) group on consecutive days so who knows?

CeliGirl: Take 5 seconds to rest (pause the DVD) when you need to. Its not good (or safe) for your heartrate to go too high. You should be able to breathe without feeling faint!

I do this workout using my cable "on demand" so the 1st time I did it I'm like "hmmm....30 Day Shred 3, this looks fun!" OMG! I almost died and was so shakey afterwards!! lol!! I didn't realize there are levels and you build up to it!! Today was my 2nd time doing level 1 and I'm going to follow the program now!!

YES, do the abs!! I have ab flab too but strengthening the abs will flatten and tighten the muscles under the flab and make your tummy flatter. The cardio burns fat all over and as you tummy becomes smaller you'll begin to see the results of the ab work!!
hotmamacitax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:59 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 285/278.4/160

Okay, I'd like to piggyback off of celigirl88's original post. (Forgive me!) I have a question. I have looked at all of the forums for 30DS, and it appears that nearly all of the participants are below 200 lbs. I'm concerned that this might be too advanced for me, yet I am interested because of the success everyone is having. To give you an idea of why I think this may be too advanced for me: I cannot do a push up of any kind, for example. And I feel confident that Jillian is definitely going to have push ups. I guess what I'm asking is - do y'all think I should get some of this weight off another way first? Or should I go ahead and get 30DS and do what I can with it - maybe even stay at Level 1 longer if need be? I think that was my main concern. Thanks everyone!
schmalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:33 AM   #43  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Schmalger - Go look at the thread "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred". Read through it. There are several ladies who are at or around your weight who do the Shred religiously. Jillian even says on the video she doesn't care how big you are, she's trained the Biggest Loser participatns with this type of workout and they are almost all over 300 pounds! She will get you motivated and tell you no excuses! You do what you can, you try, and when you can't go on you rest for a minute, then jump right back in. No one says you're gonna make it throught the entire video the first time, I dont' think anyone did! And you can stay at Level 1 as long as you need to til you can do all the exercises. It really is great...
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 285/278.4/160

Thank you misstraveller. I've looked at several threads, but I don't think I ever ran across the one you're talking about. There are so many devoted to just the 30DS! I thought I'd found them all, but they must be everywhere! Anyway, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to me. I'm just going to get it, then. If I can't do a freakin' push-up, I'll do a modified push-up until I can, etc. I'm ordering it today. Thanks for giving me the push.

Last edited by schmalger; 11-29-2008 at 02:26 PM.
schmalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Ok, so I tried it again & I made it through the entire thing. Every muscle was burning, but it feels amazing to be done. I love that it's only like 25 mins. That is a workout I can do!

I only have 5 lb weights, so I didn't use any this time around. I think I'll do that when I get to Level 2. It was strenuous enough without weights, so I would have collapsed if I had pretended I could even attempt 5 lbs!

Chance0421 is offline   Reply With Quote