Old 11-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #1  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Default OT- Snow Day in NW Indiana!

Since I have read that some of you have not seen snow, or don't normally have snow in your area... I thought I would share some! This is the second round of snow this week! The first batch finished melting yesterday so this is all new snow!
If you are unfamiliar with the NW Indiana area, I should explain. We get what's called Lake Effect Snow. The wind shifts south off of Lake Michigan and when that happens, we can get some incredible amounts of snow pretty quickly. This also happens in other area around the country near the Great Lakes. What's cool about it is that we don't even have to have a weather system move through! But, when we do get a snow system and the LE snow machine starts up later...put on your snow boots because its gonna get deep!

Yay for snow!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow 11.jpg (84.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg snow2.jpg (69.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg snow 3.jpg (82.1 KB, 10 views)
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Lucky! I can't wait for snow season to start here in New England!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #3  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Thanks for posting the pictures! We have snow from time to time here in Holland (coincidentally also today) but is usually very little and melts quite soon. I love those blankets of snow on everything that are in your pictures
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Snow

I am kinda Dreading the first snow. I live in Cincinnati OH area and when it snows people drive like idiots lol. It's people people forget how to act. We have had flurries nothing has stuck yet though. I think I would prefer snow on Christmas Day and then I want it too melt. I am not the biggest fan. Though it is very pretty is kind of annoying to put up with trying to get around especially because plow trucks down here don't do a good job salting roads or with removal. I think it's because they never prepare good enough because we only get snow occaisonally and through out the winter speradically.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Phhhffft, you guys call THAT snow. I must be Canadian or something? Haha.
I loved snow days as a kid, but literally we would have to have like 4 feet of snow and ice before they would cancel school!. Kids these days have it so easy! Enjoy your Friday off!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Omg its like 40s today and im FREEZING.. i would not survive in the snow haha
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #7  
I can DOET!

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'3"

The Lake Effect machine is fired up here as well. I live in Upstate NY near Rochester. We had our first big snow last week and it kinda hasn't stopped yet. Were getting 3 days of really bad snow till Wednesday! OH JOY! I love the snow- BUT I HATE HATE HATE driving in it!! I have two small kids to worry about! Heres to all the ladies and gents with the snow!!!
Sarahkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Glad we don't have that much yet... it's pretty, but I hate scraping off my car.

We've had steady snow for the past 5 days... less than 6 inches I'm sure, and maybe 2-3 inches have accumulated on the ground. It's very pretty. I can handle this kind of snow.

Unfortunately I have to drive "home" to Western NY this weekend, up near the lake... I'm sure it's messier up there.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

I can't wait for our first good dumping!!! We got a light dusting last week & it was so pretty. It just doesn't feel like the holiday season without snow. That first picture you posted is sooo pretty!
Chance0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:38 PM   #10  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

wow that first picture is so pretty! We never get snow in my city >.<
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #11  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Update on the weather around here. Hailstorms. Just when I want to go to the swimming pool. I'll update you on whether I made it in one piece later
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #12  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

luvja- Oh, we've seen worse. lol But I'm sure it is NOTHING compared to you guys. It takes a good 4 or more inches here to even get a delay. To cancel needs at least 6 and problems plowing the roads.

jahjah- Are you kidding me? 40 degrees? Girl, after a bitterly, cold winter around here, 40 would seem like paradise! Actually a 40 degree day will evoke shorts and sandals for most in these parts! Come spend a winter with me...

Chance, Icon- Thank you, thank you. I'd like to consider myself an amateur photag.... but this was a quick point and shoot. I was in my jams with flip flops on and the snow kept getting my lens wet. lol But thanks for the complement!

Elwing- RUN! Don't let the hail hit you! Hail..... I'll take snow ANY day of the week. lol
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #13  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMcG View Post
It takes a good 4 or more inches here to even get a delay. To cancel needs at least 6 and problems plowing the roads.
Lol, the pics look like here. And we're the same way. They don't shut down my uni unless you can't get your front door open because of the snow drift piled up against it.

Omigosh. While I was out for my mom's birthday LAST weekend, it was raining. Crappy weather. We drove half an hour to a nice restaurant in a nearby bigger city. Still raining.

Rain turned to snow on the drive. There was about half an inch on the ground when we went into the restaurant, and the snow kept coming down.

By the time we left... FIVE INCHES on the ground, snow-covered roads and highways. We nearly died on the highway. It was petrifying. People drive like idiots at the beginning of winter, especially guys in trucks. They think they're such invincibly hot ****.
This moronic woman in a van passed us on the snow-covered highway going 110 (kilometers, not miles per hour), and five minutes later, we passed her as she was being towed out of a ditch.

It snowed all night until there were 7 inches... thankfully I came back home (2 hours south of my hometown) and there's only like 2 inches on the ground here, lol.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote