Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:21 AM   #106  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

I have done my test and it was much much easier than I expected. But I have another test thingy this afternoon (have to do an exam for the physical examinations). So on with learning for that.

Jelbb already made her graphs and stuff. So SpikedPunch, I think you can just keep participating and weigh in again next week, if that's all right with you?

Congratulations every one! We did very well last week. Up to another week like that!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:16 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

congrats team! i am so proud of us!

i tried posting last night. my daughter was sitting on my lap. i had it all typed out, she started acting two (throwing a fit), threw her sippy. it landed on the keyboard and completely erased my post. so i got her ready for bed and rocked her. then i went to bed.

yesterday ended okay, didn't eat anything else that wasn't a good choice. for dinner i made chicken tacos. i had one. didn't exercise at all though. i had to leave early yesterday for work and got home late due to grocery shopping. then i started putting things away and decided that would be a good time to completely clean out and reorganize my pantry. then dinner and dishes and it was 9:00. i went to bed (after watching biggest loser on tvo).

so i'm getting ready now to put leslie in and go walking. it's a new day. no cookies today, no food that i don't know how many points it is. none of that. the scale was up 1.5lbs this morning! i know i haven't gained 1.5lbs, it's tom, it's water weight, it's not because i gained 1.5lbs in 24 hours, but it is a motivation to get completely back on track!

have a great day! we are in week 2!!

Last edited by jmb1981; 11-25-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 200/184/150ish

Height: 5'11"

I kinda figured I might've missed the weigh in deadline. I'm definitely still interested in participating, as long as you guys don't wanna kick me out. :-P
Old 11-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Sure spikedpunch, we were wondering if you would be around!
I got on the scale this morning and am up .2 lb!!! ugh! Which makes no sense b/c I really restricted my calories yesterday in preparation for thanksgiving and had a great workout (tae bo and 30DS Level 1, day 4). I am hoping it is due to TOM???? Very discouraging!
I am so proud of us!
Jmb- I give you credit for working out that late. I would just say forget it!
Elwing- good luck on your test!
Anti- sounds like you have a nice menu planned.

I want to get the heck out of here! I want to go home so bad. I hate being at school right now. It sucks! 2 more days to go! I am not driving home for the holiday until early thur morning. I am debating if I can get in a 30DS before my drive home on thur?
I did day 5 of 30DS and treadmill this morning. I really hope i have a loss this week!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #110  
Lazy runner deluxe

SpikedPunch - No no, we don't want to kick you out at all! (At least, I don't ). The more people the merrier so just hop back on.

Jmb - Not very nice if entire posts you just typed disappear, is it? I've had that happen a few times because of computer crashes and I never want to type it out all again. Sounds like you're right on track and I agree, that 1.5 lbs must be something else. You would have to eat, like, 5000 calories or so to gain that in one day.

JessieCat - You probably haven't gained any fat it's most likely just some water, and whatever is making its way through your digestive system at the moment has weight too. I would try not to worry about it. I hope I can make a loss this week - just as you do actually.

Tests are alll over... I very nearly spoiled one of them but the examiner turned out to be pretty lax. He even said: "Well, I think you can do it, you just were so nervous that it didn't go very well. I don't mind about that. You still have got it." Better for him, because the girl before me went way over her time, and that was why I had become so nervous in the first place. I had to do the ankle / arm index, examination of the elbow and examination of nose, mouth and throat. Oh well, probably not of much interest to you but I am so glad that it is all over. The stress kind of refuses to let go though.

I'm going to a class called Moving On Music tonight. It's pretty big around here, it's in a very large hall and there are about 200 people participating. I have done it a few times before I started losing weight but it always discouraged me because everyone was better at it than me and I just had trouble to do it (while it is not that hard of an exercise). I'm pretty curious how I'll fare now. We'll see!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #111  

today is going slow already. probably b/c i don't really have a lot to do today. hopefully things will pick up a little bit!

jessie: i edited my post to read a bit differently. i didn't exercise last night. i went to bed! i got up this morning and exercised (right after writing that post). i'm ready to get home and put 30ds in and have jillian kick my butt! i thought about throwing in the 30 minute walk/jog as well. we'll see what happens when i get home. i am definitely doing 30ds!! i believe in us. if we keep up our good work with exercise and eating healthy, the scale will be nice to us! how far is your drive? when i went to college i was 2 hours from home. far enough that it was a decent drive, but close enough that i could go home whenever i wanted or needed.

spikedpunch: we aren't kicking anybody out! come on back and get comfy, we've got 3 more weeks!

elwing: i bet it feels good to not have anymore tests! what do you do at the moving on music class? is it dance?

well, let's keep up the great work this week ladies! can't believe it is tuesday! only one more day of work thsi week!!! (i'm very excited abou that!) i know we have it in us to continue losing (even with thanksgiving approaching for some of us)!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #112  
Lazy runner deluxe

In Dutch, MOM is BOM which means "bomb". It is not really dance. It is more exercises for specific muscle groups like the ones Jillian does, but slightly easier ones at that. The music is just to make sure you all do it at the same time and to make it less of a chore. It takes an hour. We have a great sports programme for students around here; you pay $35 or so every year, and every night there are many different classes you can take for free if you are subscribed in this way. Spinning, bodypump, Moving On Music, swimming, aerobics, aquarobics... you name it, you can do it. They have a full programm every day from 4 in the afternoon till 10 in the evening, with overlapping classes too. They also have a fitness room (but I believe you have to pay an additional fee to use that, and fitness doesn't really appeal to me anyway).

Yeah, let's keep up the good work! I have finally mustered the courage to really make couscous this night. I'll let you know how it turned out.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Evening everyone! Wow, that was a lot of posts to catch up on after work

spikedpunch: Welcome back to the team! Glad to have you here again

Elwing: The sports programme you have there sounds brilliant! Be great if we had something like that round here but those classes are usually pretty expensive unless you become a membre of the centre, which is usually about £60 a month Good thing the 30DS comes on DVD

JessieCat: Don't worry about that .2lbs I'm sure it's water weight or something, the same thing happens to me around TOM so I refuse to weigh myself until the following week. Don't like seeing the scale go up too often

jmb1981: Lucky you only having one more day of work this week I have to go to a client's on Thursday and Friday this week, which means 4 hours driving a day and then I have to go visit my fiancés parents Friday night which is another 2.5 hours on top of that

Well, I stuck to my meal plan today and only ate the things I said I would...apart from the roasted vegetable pasta...it turned into garlic and herb pasta instead I'm full up and ready for bed now but it's only 7pm so I'll have to find something to fill the time. Too full to exercise but I did some earlier so I'll forgive myself this time

Emoticons FTW!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #114  
Lazy runner deluxe

That was one butt-kicking workout! I thought it would be easier now that I have some condition but man it was hard. I have no idea how I came through it before exercising. I remember that I went to the toilet 5 times back then though maybe that was how I did it. I partly went there tonight to avoid Jillians killer plank position exercises. It was kind of a shame that this workout had 10 minutes of plank thingies too!

But, I have a new goal in my exercise. There were all those inny minny super skinny girls prancing around in their size XS sports outfits. I warn you, girls. I will keep going to that workout until I can do it as easily as you, looking like you're dancing. Brace yourselves, for I am coming and I will not stop.

Oh, and no couscous. Fritatta. Didn't feel like couscous much
Old 11-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #115  

Elwing- I love that attitude! And that is so cool you can do lots of fun classes for a cheap price.
Anti- Good job on keeping with your meal plan.
Jmb- I love the 30DS. Sometimes I don't want to do it, but afterwards I just feel amazing I can't explain it.

I really hope those .2 lb are just due to TOM. I am in a foul mood and I want chocolate! I almost aive into eating crappy today but I didn't! yay! I just ate an oats and chocolate fiber one bar (that took care of the chocolate craving!)
I feel kind of bloated and my face is more broken out than usual. But seriously my TOM is majorly messed up the past few months! I had it for over 2 weeks, but it was never really heavy like usual.. and then it basically went away for just a few days and then it is back, but it is not heavy again either. TMI???

I used to be on the pill but I really don't like the idea of those hormones, plus I hated getting my period every 4 weeks. Not sure.. sorry for the rambling. I just hate when TOM messes with the scale.

Last edited by JessieCat; 11-25-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #116  

i am feeling so good right now! all sorts of hot and sweaty! just got done walking 2 intense miles with leslie and then did 30ds right after! i feel so energized! i wasn't sure that i would make it through both, but i did! i love this feeling!

elwing: i wish they had something like that around here! sounds like fun! love what you said about the "inny minny super skinny girls prancing around in their size XS sports outfits"! i used to take a cardio-step class that was great! i don't have my y membership anymore and we can't really afford the monthly payment right now, but when we can i am going back! sounds like you have a great affordable gym to utilize!

anti: nice job on sticking to what you said you were going to do today! i need to try to do a bit better than i have been. there have been temptations everywhere the last couple days and for some reason i have been giving in! although not too bad, it's still not good!

jessie: i'm feeling you on the increase on the scale today! i'm hoping mine is water and preparing for tom! my tom has been crazy since july when i lost a baby. here, then gone for a few weeks, then back for longer than usual, then gone for a week! just all over the board! hopefully it will get back to normal soon! it's getting better, but it's still not what it was. oh the things we go through as women!

well, it's time to get my stinky self to the shower!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:26 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Well, not much has changed since last night...I've had the same breakfast as I had yeaterday and I'm having the same lunch. Dinner will have to be a bit lighter than last night's though. I want to get an early night because I have to get up super early tomorrow to go to a clients. Early mornings really don't agree with me Still, soon be the weekend!

Bit weird, my ear just started ringing and felt blocked. The ringing's stopped now but it still feels blocked. Hope it goes away soon, it's a bit annoying.

Ah well, have a great day!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:02 AM   #118  

morning all! guess what?! that 1.5lbs i "gained" from monday to tuesday, it was gone today! guess i "lost" 1.5lbs yesterday! it was nice to see the number back where it should have been! the day is starting out nicely. my alarm clock wasn't on, but i woke up about 5 minutes after it should have, so i still got to do my morning exercise. i did 2 miles with leslie then did some crunches (normal and oblique), leg lifts, and some of jillian's moves. i will do 30ds tonight (probably with a little more leslie too). anyhow, just wanted to say good morning! it's almost thanksgiving!! oh, reminds me, found out last that we have 3 thanksgiving dinners to go to on 3 different days! talk about being faced with temptation! the first is at my mom's house tomorrow, the second on saturday with hubby's family (knew about both of those), but last night i get a message from hubby's grandma saying she is having the family over on sunday for thanksgiving!! ahhhhh!!! (when i say hubby's family i mean his brother and his family and his parents, that is why we have to eat with his family and grandma) i will get through, i will lose while doing it, i will exercise morning and night, i WILL post a loss on monday!!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 07:11 AM   #119  
Lazy runner deluxe

Good morning all!

Jmb: Wow, your exercise is going very well! We don't really have Thanksgiving around here but Christmas is probably just as bad. I'm glad that my parents are kind of anti-consumerism and usually prepare a simple (but delicious) meal. You're very determined, you can do it!

Anti: hope your ear gets better soon. If it does not maybe you have some earwax in it, a doctor can get it out easily.

I decided to go out yesterday night. It was actually kind of fun... but I had some beer and also some punch. Still, I had no more than 1700 calories, which should be okay. And I danced my *** off for 2.5 hours (plus 1 hour fitness class earlier during the day). Also, there is this guy that I really like and we danced together for almost the entire evening, hugged a lot, etc. I really feel that we could possibly get together. But he is kind of shy and we have been friends for a long time. I have made up my mind that I will tell him that I like him on the next possible occasion. He can do with it whatever he wants, but at least it will be clear what I think of the situation... I have never done something like this before so I'm quite nervous about it. What do you all think? Is this a good idea?

Edit: Also, I'm seriously wondering if there is something wrong with my scale. I weighed in at 66 this morning. 66! that is 146 lbs... which would mean I had lost another lb. For the record, this was after breakfast (including bread, a huge cup of tea and a grapefruit). Maybe it's alcohol dehydration?

Last edited by Elwing; 11-26-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:45 AM   #120  

elwing- I doubt something is wrong with your scale all of a sudden! Take that loss and run with it! And keep us posted on the boy. Oh I remember the days of liking a boy and the newness of everything!
Jmb- so glad that the scale was nicer to you today! And for the 3 thanksgivings, just take it one day at a time. And you def seem determined enough to not let it get to you too much! I like your attitude!!!
Anti- hope your ear feels better.

So I went on the scale today and lost the .2 lb from yesterday, so that means a maintain for 2 days but seriously it should be a loss. I have been eating great and working out. Sigh. I did tae bo and 30DS today.. my heart wasn't really in the tae bo but at least I did it!

I may leave for home tonight instead!!! That would make me soo happy! So I just talked to my bro and my SIL and niece are sick, like stomach flu sick so if I get it over the break, I will cry! I really hope they get better soon, but it may just be better they didnt come home for the holiday... IDK... ugh and I am so susceptible to getting sick too!
Closed Thread