Old 10-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Default I want to quit everything!

Ughgh!!!! I'm overwhelmed!!!! I want to just quit everything.

I feel fat today. I feel that I've gained weight and that my clothes are too small. Both of those are not true, but I still feel it! I don't want to exercise. I don't want to eat anything let alone something healthy.

I usually don't feel this way and it's not TOM. I just feel down today.

I'm overwhelmed with a lot of things in my personal life and I'm volunteering for this organization that is trying to take every free moment I have!!!

I don't want to be at work at my real job. Please remind me why I can't quit.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

26 pounds, that's what!

You know, you could throw your hands up and end up back where you started (did you feel better then than you do right now? I'm going to say no.), but do you really want to do that? Is it worth erasing how far you've come- mentally AND physically? I've been reading about the things you've been through and you have come so very far.

No, it's not.

Look back to where you were 26 pounds ago.

Still want to quit?

Chin up, girl. This too shall pass

Last edited by junebug41; 10-28-2008 at 12:41 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

And PS. You are far too valuable to this forum to give up now. It won't go over very well

Last edited by junebug41; 10-28-2008 at 12:42 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #4  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

A big hug for you! Is it an idea to just acknowledge that you are unhappy and too busy, and that this is a reason to do something to make you happier? Take a hot bath, listen to your favorite music, read a book, play some music yourself, whatever suits you. It'll probably make you feel better about yourself and also about your weight. You can do it, you've come too far to slip now. Remember why you want to lose some!
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

It will pass! You already know that. Just hang in there. Do you really want to gain that weight back? No way!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

Heather,
I to have days like this... usually that "day" turns into "days".
But, YOU can't quit. You've lost 26 lbs and 24 inches. In THREE months. Thats incredible.
Just think of the looks on your family/friends face's when you go home for Christmas.
You're doing great, and you know it.

Just take an entire day off from life(if you can). No work, no volunteering, no phone calls, NOTHING. For a whole day. Devote a day to yourself.
Take a hot bath, do your nails, exercise, whatever makes YOU feel good.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

What do you think you'll feel like a month from now if you quit?

If you can't keep going for yourself right now, then keep on going for your future self.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Cheat today. You need a biiiiiig mug of sangria with fruit.

Or some Rooh Afza if you're into sharbat (it's a sweet rose-flavored syrup.) I bought a celebratory bottle this morning, but the chill'rin have decided they like it too so I have to get some more.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate it. You all have me in tears, I didn't think I really made a difference in anything I did let alone online.

I wish I could take a day off, that's the problem. I work today until 4:30 drive 30 minutes home, I have a huge meeting with the volunteer group that starts at 6 and I have to be there to set. 200 people are coming and I have no idea when it will end. I need a day to myself but I don't think I can take it. I woke up this morning not wanting to get out of bed and I'm never like that.

Junebug- thank you for your kind words and telling me I'm valuable here!

Luv- you are right, I want to wow my family when I see them in December. but why do I feel I'm on the verge of just losing it?

Julie/ El- you're so right, now if I can get my mind to believe it over my emotions!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #10  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

24 inches in 3 months and you want to give up now?! heck no, girl. cheat today, have what you want. maybe it'll keep you sane...tomorrow's another day.
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #11  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

On days like today... you sometimes wanna tell everything in the world to **** off, plug your ears, close your eyes and sing "la-la-la-la!!!" like a five year old.

Do it if you can. Tell that volunteer job that you want to help, you'd love to help, in fact.. you will continue to help. But on your terms, and during time that YOU have available. And time that you set aside for doing stuff for you... chilling, watching a movie, going for a walk, whatever... is not time that you have available. You have a firmly booked appointment... with yourself.

In terms of giving up.. well, you can't. You're not allowed. I won't let you.

Somewhere down the road, waiting for you at the finish line... is a 190 lb you, jumping frantically up and down, waving her arms in the air (looking sexy as **** while she does it. ) trying desperately to remind you why you're doing this. You'll definitely have days where you feel horrible, but... woman, you have come way too far, and accomplished way too much to go back now. The only way now... is forward.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #12  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Okay, I'm having a day like this too. Yesterday I had a day like that also. and the day before that...
I had to physically restrain myself from the bagel bar this morning. Good thing it wasn't donut day.
Yesterday I was having suck a crappy food day that when I actually counted all the calories up I HAD to go do cardio. I have to go do it again today too, because of a midnight dorito frenzy.
My point is, we have these days and hopefully this too shall pass. I'm here with ya, lets think motivating thoughts. I know today I'm going to go online and look at my personal favorite kind of thinspiration, clothes!

And remember, you have a super fantastic pair of goal pants coming your way from the farthest reaches of the north west US. They should be there ANY month now (lol)!

To help motivate me today I am going to have one **** of a righteous salad for lunch and then I'm going to rock the cardio for 75 minutes because I downloaded a bunch of new music onto my iPod. Maybe thats what you need...a hip hop kick in the pants. My new favorites for cardio are Britany Spears Womanizer and that new Jason Mraz single (LOVE IT!).
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Hunny you always get those days where you want to quit and you dont see any results but TRUST me it works and you ARE getting smaller. Would you rather quit and regret it the rest of your life like i have the past 8 years of my life or do you want to stick threw it no matter how hard it is and see results in the end?!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

You have gotten into so many healthy lifestyle habits that I can almost guarantee you couldn't quit if you wanted to! You'd look at every bad thing you were eating with disgust and feel sluggish after only a few days of not working out Like everyone else said, it will pass, and Jelbb has such great advice as far looking out for yourself! Good Luck girl, you're strong enough to get passed all of this and come out smellin like roses!
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #15  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I had that day yesterday and I woke up this morning to find myself thisclose to onederland! Keep your chin up, girlfriend! Call in sick to work! Unless you are like me and feel far too guilty to ever do that even when you ARE sick!

Maybe you need some retail therapy
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote