Old 10-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187.5/163/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Intro and help

Hi there 20-somethings! I'm 24 and just joined 3fc.

Tomorrow's my weigh-in and I'm super-nervous. This week and next week are super rough. I'm out of town for interviews and have to buy meals instead of making good stuff at home. And every interview I do, they take you out for a 3 course meal. Luckily, the places I am staying have a gym. But was wondering how any other young professionals/interviewing people out there deal with making good decisions during this already stressful time?

Love!
icanhasfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/146/128

Height: 5'7"

You can keep healthy snacks with you (granola bars, apples, nuts, etc.) so you don't get too hungry and make a poor decision or over-eat. Also, if you know where you will be eating you can look ahead at the menu and plan a healthy meal that way. If you can't look ahead, then maybe you can set guidelines for yourself (salads for lunch, veggies not fries with dinner, etc.)... Good Luck! xoxoxo
Ami12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:57 PM   #3  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hahaha, I love that your name is a lolcatz quip. I'm gonna call you Lolcatz from now on.

to 3FC!!

Oooh, eating out in restaurants can be dicey when you're trying to stay OP (On-Plan). Sometimes it's helpful to look up a menu online (if the restaurant has one) so you can be prepared to order something healthy that fits whatever weight loss plan you're adhering to? Or if you're feeling completely incapable of staying completely healthy for the whole meal, at least maybe commit to making one or two healthy choices per meal-- instead of a garlic bread appetizer, have a salad. If you're REALLY feeling that burger, or (insert other yummy but fattening food), then maybe sacrifice those fries and get steamed veggies on the side instead. (Actually, a surprising number of restaurants have steamed a random assortment of whatever vegetables they have on hand for me, despite it not being on the menu when I ask...)

Anyhow, those are my suggestions!!! I wish you TONS of luck with your interviews, and I hope that all the bouncing around and staying in hotels and eating out at restaurants won't be too rough on ya!

[Edit: Ami's idea about snacking a little bit before-hand so you don't overeat is a good one, too!]

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-19-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of support here.

I think Jebb and Ami hit most of my suggestions. I would just stress that it's ok to order pickey, I do it all the time, and if people ask say I like food to be prepared the way that I want it and this is how I think it taste best.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Water and apples help me threw a lot
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #6  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hi, i dont really have any advice but i just wanted to say welcome, and i love your user name!!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:18 AM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

im deading my weigh in this week....
its getting more like i only weigh twice a week and i dont feel very secure or safe doing it at the moment....
im on hols the week after this one - for three days, im so guna av to stay active!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote