Old 10-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default ...Ouch...

I have two hours inbetween my English class on Wednesdays, and my Italian class. It's confusing to the mind to have to focus on two separate languages in the same morning, but somehow I manage it three times a week.

Usually, some friends of mine from Italian class come and find me where I sit every day, chilling, and finishing Italian homework that I should've done the night before.

Today, one of them came up behind me and saw me browsing the forums. She's a little nosy, and she started quizzing me on what the **** I was doing. So I figured, "Why not, my interest in losing weight isn't really a secret--" so I went on a brief tangent about the forums, and how they help to keep me motivated, and showed her some of the extreme before-after pics of people on the forums. She kinda blinked and shrugged, and turned away from me, nodding, "Oh, cool."

She's thin, and probably has never had a weight issue in her life. She went on a short ramble about how she could never watch what she eats because she loves food too much. I glanced at her flat stomach and rolled my eyes inside my mind, but just kind of nodded in assent.

In a moment of idiocy, I pulled up a picture that I'd posted when I was 173 or 176 lbs from last Christmas... at my highest weight. I didn't really preclude it with anything but like, "I posted this last Christmas--" and she looked at it, and blinked again and said, "You look about the same."

And in my moment of dejection, I blurted, "I look like that?" and she answered, "Well, I don't see any drastic difference."

It was like being punched in the stomach and slapped in the face at the same time. Tears just kinda welled up in my eyes, and I had no idea what to do except say, "Okay." and lean forward away from her so I didn't have to face her.

*sigh* Today is just an exaggeratedly emotional day for me for no reason.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #2  

Oh girl, you look gorgeous! Don't let a skinny minnie get you down. YOU should feel GREAT about YOUR progress...look how far you've come! And hey, she's not the one with a hott Irish boy.

Plus some girls are catty like that sometimes...they get jealous of someone's achievements and make snide little remarks to bring that person down. Don't let her get to you...you're doing just fine!

(And is it wrong to say that her metabolism will slow down one day, and karma will bite her in the butt? hehehe)
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #3  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

Jelbb,

Don't let it get you down. I can definitely see a difference in your face from the before and after. This woman doesn't seem the type that pays attention to details or even takes the time to think before she speaks. You don't look the same and I'm sure you don't feel the same either! Buck up an don't dwell on it.

Edit: It's Courtney - I had just the same thought, but felt it would be bad to mention it. hehe

Last edited by wrdfrog; 10-15-2008 at 05:48 PM.
wrdfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #4  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Jelbb - They are so right some girls who are naturally skinny are just so catty for no reason. Skinny B*tches I call them lol. I know quite a few. Don't let them bring you down. They don't know one bit about how hard some of us have to work in order to be where we want to be...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

OH girl I feel your pain! Don't let that insensitive little SNIT upset you...YOU and everyone else on here knows how fabulous you've done and how hard you've worked to get where you are today! I recently seen a father of one of the children I take care of( I work in a preschool ) and he commented on my weight loss and asked if I was purposely losing weight and if I was ok.......as if I were ILL...I felt like saying "JEEZ god forbid if someone who was fat actually look normal looking without having to be sick to get there" ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH. Some people just don't ever understand and don't think of what they say before think..she could have simply said."Yes I can tell its still you but wow look at your face" Pure ignorance!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #6  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Pff. I agree with Courtney. People are usually jealous of others accomplishes and just want to ruin their day. You CAN see a difference. And keep up the good work!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Oh meant to ask..how do you add a link to your thread like you did to your picture page?
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Ok, you look great!!! Dont let her bother you with that crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
And in my moment of dejection, I blurted, "I look like that?" and she answered, "Well, I don't see any drastic difference."
BUT... she did say drastic difference. To someone who has always been skinny, she probably doesn't see a drastic difference. Some people don't get it.

I think you look great though! Your doing an awesome job!
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #9  
Queen Yo-yo

Thank you EVERYONE. I really appreciate what everyone's said. To be honest, my face is still kinda round, I don't flash around pics of myself that I think I look overly chubby in... but I really thought that the earlier pic was a lot worse than I am now, and she really made me doubt that.

I've been having such a stupidly rough day. My eyes welling up over every little thing and I have NO idea why.

My prof asked me a question in Italian class, and I didn't know the answer. She kept trying to LEAD me to the answer, dragging out my agonizing ignorance in front of the class for a good 60 seconds. The second she turned her attention away, I just wanted to bawl, I felt so stupid.

Then Irish boy said that no, he wouldn't be home to talk to me tonight before my night class because he's going out drinking with friends. He sent me this txt in Italian class, and my eyes welled up. I am the epitome of LAME today. I'd skip my night class for my own mental health, but our prof literally YELLS at you the next class when you skip, so I'm too petrified to...

What a day, what a day. Why am I so weepy??
Old 10-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #10  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
IShe's thin, and probably has never had a weight issue in her life. She went on a short ramble about how she could never watch what she eats because she loves food too much. I glanced at her flat stomach and rolled my eyes inside my mind, but just kind of nodded in assent.
People like this crack me up. Maybe it's the eveil wench in me, but I really think there is a special place in **** for people who say this to others who are trying to lose weight.

My friend has an expression she busts out in moments like this.

"Jen, don't let the b*tches in life get you down."

It's not profound or anything, but it works for me. I'm sorry you don't get to talk to your honey, though
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #11  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

That was a really insensitive thing to say for her. Even if she saw no difference it was unneccessarily unkind to say it in such a way. From the foregoing conversation she could have figured that it was important to you. I know this is a friend of yours, but I don't have a good word for people who act like this.

I just checked the pics and I really do see a difference. Your facial features have become more pronounced, and I guess that it has become more easy to read your face. You're really pretty by the way . Guys don't like skinny biatches anyway.

It's hard having a tough day and being unable to comfort yourself by having a nice piece of chocolate. My day wasn't very nice too, so I feel for you but I have vented to a few people and feel better now. I hope this thread helps you a bit, you go girl!
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

You look totally different my dear! I can't believe that someone would say something like that....

I've definately been on the weeping train lately. A client will look at me wrong by bf won't call to say good night or while the other day I was getting off a plane for my 4 city in 3 days and started tearing up in the terminal. Then I started bawling in my rental car. (Really really not a good idea while driving on the 401, not exactly sure where you're headed.)

Sometimes you just need a good cry, especially when people are such jerks!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #13  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

What a rotten day, you poor thing! You know what, though? You were beautiful in the old photo, and are only MORE so now. Maybe that's what your classmate INTENDED to say! That you still look like your lovely self, only it is easier to see now that you can see the lines of your cheekbones better. That's what I think, anyway !
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #14  
Queen Yo-yo

Shanny--- You were on the 401?? You were near me!!!

Thanks Circebee.

...yeah. Today when Irish Boy txted me, "No, after football we're going out for drinks. :Px" I just felt numb. We haven't talked since Saturday and it's Wednesday. I felt a wave of sadness, then kinda.. nothing after I pulled myself together. I txted him back "K." in my disappointment.

Three hours later, I get the txt, "What, I'm not aloud to have a social life?" (Really, aloud. Irish boy can't spell, thank god he's working at a firm to become an accountant.)

I txted him back that I didn't mean it meanly, I was just disappointed, and that I was having a bad day. And he hasn't txted me back.

...it made me cry. Lol, jesus. That's it, I'm skipping my night class.

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-15-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Yup, I was on the 401. Heading from the airport to Whitby. It constantly amazes me how freakin busy that highway is! I know we've had this conversation more than once, but which school are you at again? I went to Western.

Definately skip your night class, and just veg out in front of the tv. That's what always works for me.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote