Old 09-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #106  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

I told Tim I think we got a sign that we order chinese from this one place too much...we got our 5th or so menu in the mail from them. They deliver, so we were all over it when they opened. It's great food. It's also only a quarter mile up the road LITERALLY so it's just plain sad. Same with papa johns.

I have a recipe for whole wheat cinammon buns if you want it, Cali. They're healthier

I think I might start closing foods with twist ties. Here's my logic...I freakin hate twist ties, so just knowing I have to untwist them keeps me from chips I close with them...

Last edited by TracyFAdams; 09-10-2008 at 10:31 PM.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

We just found this new Chinese place and they offer magnets when you order out. To save money, my husband and I usually get take out. Our fridge is covered with these magnets. We tried to give it back last time and the man at the register was offended, so we took it.

I am thinking about giving them away as Christmas gifts!
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Default *Patting self on back*

I'm so stinking proud of myself!

I worked out at Curves yesterday, burned an all time high of 582 calories! Then went home and walked with my RM for 45 minutes. I was feeling so good, did 80 squats (oww!), 100 crunches, and 25 fake push ups. I also had 5 liters of water yesterday.

I'm very proud of myself!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #109  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

WARNING: My usually sweet disposition is non existent this morning. If you are not in the mood for my rant please feel free to skip past the next paragraph. Really, I don't mind.

ARGHHHHH! Day mutha freaking 7 without a refrigerator. I am so mutha tired of this mess. I live in California for goodness sake! The Bay area...Do you know how much my rent is???? I could at least get this fixed in a decent amount of mutha time. I mean seriously. 7 days!!!!! And why the **** haven't they called me with a mutha update? ARGH!!!!

Ok, I'm done.

Here we go: You are on it, girl! I wish I had your energy after work. I barely feel like driving home....I couldn't possibly do that much working out.

Tracy: will you be baking those cinnamon buns for me? LOL! You're talking from scratch, huh? Like with measuring cups and stuff? That's a disaster waiting to happen. I am very Sandra Lee...as in I make it from the box and then add a little extra to make it special.

At least I’m off tomorrow…
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #110  
Proud Marine Wife

Cali, from scratch is just as easy as from a box, and SO much healthier. You can pronounce all the ingredients and it's just a couple more measurements than box stuff. Cheaper too...I hate sandra lee...alcoholic freak. I lived in San Diego, I understand the rent thing. Is your place part of a bigger rental association? Sometimes you can contact their boss and get things done.

Here we go, that's amazing! That's got to make you feel like the hottest girl on earth. I wish I had that kind of stamina.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #111  

OMG! Tracy...my friend calls her an alcoholic too...all those cocktails...

If I complain, my rent will go up. That's what happened 2 years ago when I complained about them not letting my sister move in with me. A week or so later, my rent jumped $50. It hasn't gone up since cause I've been a well behave tenant. When I called about the fridge and left a message on Friday, they didn't call me back for another 24 hours, but I was all like, "That's ok...I don't mind." *sigh* I'm just running out of patience, you know?
Old 09-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #112  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I would be interested in the whole wheat cinnabons. Ooops I mean cinnamon buns. You can tell where my nose wants to go when we hit the mall.
anyone have a cinnamonster in there area? Talk about HEAVENLY and so much better and cheaper than cinnabon! Luckily for me, ours went out of business. Otherwise, I could be in deep temptation. lol
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #113  
Proud Marine Wife

They can't legally do that. Laws are in place to prevent rent being raised for no reason and major problems in the apartment going on too long, especially problems that can effect your health and wellbeing.

Heather, I'll figure out which magazine the recipe is in and post it. I have to find my magazine recipe log book...I know, I'm a dork. But it keeps me organized to write down the recipe names, pages and magazines in one book in categories.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #114  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Thats not dorky, that is S-M-A-R-T. I have this stack of probably 100 magazines that I have saved for one reason or another. And I couldn't tell you what I wanted to save in most of them! I need to be better organized.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post
OMG! Tracy...my friend calls her an alcoholic too...all those cocktails...

If I complain, my rent will go up. That's what happened 2 years ago when I complained about them not letting my sister move in with me. A week or so later, my rent jumped $50. It hasn't gone up since cause I've been a well behave tenant. When I called about the fridge and left a message on Friday, they didn't call me back for another 24 hours, but I was all like, "That's ok...I don't mind." *sigh* I'm just running out of patience, you know?
I live in Sac and I've never heard of complaining= rent going up! Do you have a lease so they can't do that? Having a running fridge is not complaining. They need to get on that for real. I would call them everyday. Just inquiring about an update, that's not complaining, but it keeps you on the radar so you're not forgotten.

People are starting to call me displined, which I've never been called before. I don't see it like that. I do what I need to do to get where I need to get. I'm tired of being 282 pounds and I need to freaking lose some weight! lol No bitterness at all. I was looking at myself in the mirror and I'm really liking what I'm seeing, but want to see more.

I have to speak next weekend in front of a large crowd 6 times and I want to look good.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:13 PM   #116  
Proud Marine Wife

You should try it. Go through the magazines and fold the page corner, then in a cheap spiral notebook set about 5-10 pages for each category, like beef, chicken, breakfast, etc. and write the recipe name, magazine month and year and page number. It saves so much time.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...ipe_id=1622511

It's from Cooking Light, so that made it a lot easier.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I live across the country, so my rent isn't the same as yours, but I live in one of the most expensive towns. I learned though the grapevine that my same apartment was going for $100 more than I pay now, with no updates, nothing new. So I complained, said it was crazy. Do they not understand that we are going through an economic crunch here. When It was time to renew my lease, my rent went up $25 and they gave me a new porch! $25 is better than the $100 I heard most people re-signed for.

My lease also has a clause that if they don't address any of your issues within 48 business hours, you get money knocked off next months rent

There has to be some kind of law out there that says you need a working fridge.

good luck

Last edited by amandarose17; 09-11-2008 at 12:21 PM.
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandarose17 View Post
I live across the country, so my rent isn't the same as yours, but I live in one of the most expensive towns. I learned though the grapevine that my same apartment was going for $100 more than I pay now, with no updates, nothing new. So I complained, said it was crazy. Do they not understand that we are going through an economic crunch here. When It was time to renew my lease, my rent went up $25 and they gave me a new porch! $25 is better than the $100 I heard most people re-signed for.
Amanda, I'm almost sure that I have the lowest rent in the building. When new listings go up, they are like $100 more and we have cookie cutter apartments...they all look the same. Technically, if they raised my rent, they could say it was justified since the cost of living has gone up in the last 2 years...they sure have raised the cost on the washer and dryer. I think I'm annoyed now after 7 days because I'm out of food. And I'm going to have to go buy some that I don't really like and probably isn't best for me...this is messing with my life style change... ;-) I have been through worse, when I was 19, my sis and I lived in an apartment that cost a grip (with a view) and it had a leaky roof in the living room where the plaster was falling down and in the bathroom which caused the light to short out...it took them 7 months to finally fix it. And then as soon as it was fixed, my sis was late on the rent and we got an eviction notice. I can't wait to buy a house.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #119  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
tracy Uh, I had no idea that dark meat gets more blood than white. I so prefer dark meat but anything out of my ordinary diet scares me.

Do any of you girls do that? Have "usual foods" you eat on a daily/weekly basis and get kinda spooked when you are presented with a food you don't usually eat? I know I should widen my taste buds but I am also scared that I will stop loosing weight or it will trigger a binge.
I buy the exact same things every time I go to the store. My son, who is six, complains all the time that we always eat the same stuff so I've started to mix it up and get him some takeout, portion it out to small servings and immediatly freeze the leftovers for his lunches (like pizza). I don't want to be accused of being a boring food mom.
But I see where your going with freaking out over new or different foods and what they will do to your body. I know how many cals are in my foods so if someone wants to order out or brings lunch to work for everyone I freak out because I don't know whats in it, what a serving size is...its anxiety inducing and I always find an excuse not to eat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post
WARNING: My usually sweet disposition is non existent this morning. If you are not in the mood for my rant please feel free to skip past the next paragraph. Really, I don't mind.

ARGHHHHH! Day mutha freaking 7 without a refrigerator. I am so mutha tired of this mess. I live in California for goodness sake! The Bay area...Do you know how much my rent is???? I could at least get this fixed in a decent amount of mutha time. I mean seriously. 7 days!!!!! And why the **** haven't they called me with a mutha update? ARGH!!!!

Ok, I'm done.

Here we go: You are on it, girl! I wish I had your energy after work. I barely feel like driving home....I couldn't possibly do that much working out.

Tracy: will you be baking those cinnamon buns for me? LOL! You're talking from scratch, huh? Like with measuring cups and stuff? That's a disaster waiting to happen. I am very Sandra Lee...as in I make it from the box and then add a little extra to make it special.

At least I’m off tomorrow…
Cali, call your landlord and tell them you are going to get it fixed yourself and you will submit the receipt for services with your next rent payment, less the money you spent to have it fixed. That will either make thier lives easier or make them get on the ball and get it fixed.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #120  

BTW: you guys are the best....I'm actually starting to feel better.

Oh jeez...my NSV...so I was going to buy the new 10 year anniversary nanowrimo shirt and they have regular sizes like L, M and XXL, you know, and I don't know what size I wear because Avenue and LB go by 14/16 and stuff. So I had to go home and dig out my DARE shirt...yeah the one from 6th grade. I remember, when they made us wear the shirt, it didn't fit me... it was wayyyyy too tight. I remember thinking I looked like Baby Huey. So I pulled it out last night and it's a XL, so I put it on and it was too big. I was like WTH! I couldn't believe it! I remember when a XXXL was too tight on me. I can probably fit a Large now. I'm so happy. *sniff, sniff*