Old 09-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #46  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

the husband and I have been dancing around the idea of going to Red Robin for awhile now. They just opened one near here and we'd heard pretty good things about it. We finally decided to go tonight and I decided one cheeseburger was NOT going to put 30 lbs back on. So while I feel bloaty and full, at least my curiousity is satisfied
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:43 AM   #47  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

satisfying curiosity is always important

I love calorie counting too! Even if i do have to drag myself kicking and screaming to the computer to log that binge into my account lol
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:06 AM   #48  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Wow, so glad my week is looking up. Second day in college and already I'm skipping class (Though in my defense I am working from home so it's not like I'm enjoying the time off )

Lately too I've noticed I'm beginning to totally slip up. I'm not going off plan by alot, like most days I just eat an extra bowl of cereal or a cracker or something, but it could be that slight different between just going over plan and coming under that is holding my weight in place. It's just finding that motivation to be strict again

How are classes/work for those of you who have just returned from vacation?
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Work has been good, well I have only been back one day lol But yesterday I was so busy with the kids that I ate when I was able to (recess and lunch) and didn't think about food at all. I was satisfied and had no food cravings or thoughts. I find that I dont get enough water in though when I am at work b/c I can't run to the washroom whenever so I end up limiting the water I drink until I get home...
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:20 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

spoz -- have you thought about giving yourself a range to be within for the day instead of just a set number? Maybe 50 under your goal to 50 over...that way you still have a small range to be in, but it's not like 5 calories means you're "off-plan".
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker!/150

Height: 5'5"

This morning the scale said I was up 1.5 lbs (thankfully it doesn't count as my official weigh in is Friday ). I know it's probably water retention as I had some pasta high in sodium for lunch followed by toast and soup for dinner. Now I'm having chicken broth here at work to keep the immune system up, one tsp of which has 31% of my daily sodium intake, and I used at least two tsp in this broth.

Anyway, I have found in counting calories that I tend to choose foods high in sodium. I guess I love salty stuff? But as long as I drink plenty of water with what I'm eating (didn't drink enough yesterday and last night) it shouldn't affect my weight as much, right??
heidelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #52  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

I'm trying to decide whether to count calories or do Weight Watcher points. Neither is EXTREMELY fun for me, but points was a bit easier due to the Points Reference book I received back in January.... Im leaning toward Points. What is everyone using to measure their intake?
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #53  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I'm getting really good at calorie counting. I'll sit there going over every thing in my cabinet trying to figure out what to eat when I only have about 450 cals left for the day. It has come to the point where I know exactly calories are in each one of my foods. I kind of like that.

Arts: I live in an apartment building and I think one of my biggest dreams in life (besides being published) is buying a house so that I can finally do my laundry when ever I want. In my building, we are supposed to only do laundry between 9am and 9pm, but we have a key to the laundry room, so I go down at 8:30am on my Friday off to avoid the rush. Any other time of the day is impossible. Not to mention those people who leave their clothes in the washer and/or dryer for HOURS! I mean really, there are 22 units in this building.

Ok, so I'm having trouble staying motivated. I've been stuck on this plateau for so long that I barely feel like trying anymore. I don't feel like working out at all. I just want to go home, do homework and read a book. I'm trying to fire myself back up, but it's like, what's the point? I can't lose a pound no matter how hard I try and as soon as I slip up, I gain a pound. That’s so darn frustrating.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post

Ok, so I'm having trouble staying motivated. I've been stuck on this plateau for so long that I barely feel like trying anymore. I don't feel like working out at all. I just want to go home, do homework and read a book. I'm trying to fire myself back up, but it's like, what's the point? I can't lose a pound no matter how hard I try and as soon as I slip up, I gain a pound. That’s so darn frustrating.
I feel you girl! I'm so tired of being at the same weight.... people are always telling me but your still losing inches so its losing. While I appreciate that, I want the scale to reflect my effort. We can do it, we can push past these awful freaking plateaus!

I'm so tired today. I went to bed really late and I almost called in today but decided to come into work. I'm getting so busy I need to learn how to tell people no. It's just that I want to do so many things!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #55  
Burning it away

Ok, I find it incredibly strange that for a few weeks my weight has strayed no further than 156-157 lbs. On sunday morning I was 156, and today after having all of my food for the day, having been over plan all week and having all of my clothes on, I'm 148. I'm amazed and I totally dont understand why over a few days of off plan eating I would lose 6 lbs
Old 09-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #56  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Spoz, that is weird. I've been stuck at my current weight (give or take 1 or 2 lbs) for about 2 months. I tempted to eat a cheese burger to shake things up a bit.

Anyone know why you lose weight when you're sick? Not the type of sick when you throw up, just regular sick...like a cold or flu? I lost 12 lbs in a week, and I was eating bread and crackers and soup and oranges and french fries (only salty things tasted right that week). But now all I eat is fruit and veggies and drink a TON of water and I can't lose a freaking pound. I don't get it.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #57  
Burning it away

I've no idea. Diets baffle me, they really do..
Old 09-03-2008, 01:23 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 194/190/150

Height: 5'6"

If I stay on plan this week for the whole week I'm going to make a good burger on Saturday. My plan so far includes ground pork, caramelized red onions, and edam cheese. Generally bacon also goes on that burger, but we'll see if I can be that good.

So far I'm on plan. Yesterday for breakfast was yogurt and berries, for lunch was 2 chicken fajitas, and for supper I had one. I had a glass of chocolate soymilk and then later on a couple of 100 calorie packs.

Today, though, I haven't even gotten time to eat breakfast yet. I have, however, had a cup of chai with soymilk which equals about 120 calories. The plan for today is just to eat the rest of the day like I normally would and add my yogurt and berries in somewhere as a snack.
Stephanie Brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #59  

I love calorie counting too. I am really good about it over the week, but the weekend lately I have been a calorie counter drop out. I usually go until Saturday afternoon and then I just stop writing down.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #60  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm a calorie counting fool. My friends call me all the time asking "how many calories are in..." lol! I do sometime run across things that I have no idea...but I can usually break it down by ingredients and guess and then look it up online and I'm usually in the ballpark.
I might be taking a nutritian class soon! there is a waiting list for the class that starts soon and word is someone is going to drop it and I'm next in line. I'm so excited!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote