Old 08-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/154/135

Height: 5'2

Angry I think I can, I think I can! Can I???

Okay ladies. I am having a bit of an issue here. I am stressing out mega time!! So I am on a diet (duh) and I am being really good, and I joined a gym which I go to every day and I walk almost every day for 2 miles, but NOTHING IS CHANGING!!!!!!!! I am going nuts. I know losing weight doesnt happen over night (what a bummer) but I have been doing this for almost a month, and all I have to show for it is 1 flipping pound. I almost ripped the scale off the wall and threw it out the window. I know I might be gaining muscle since I have been working out, but I still have this spare tire and these jelloish arms. But through all of the bad stuff right now, my butt is tighter, the source coming from my boyfriend I just hate having to struggle. I do want something automatic. Is there any diets out there or can I have some support. Does this get any easier??? Because right now, I could say screw the diet and go eat about 5 double cheese burgers and 1 gallon of soda. Then go to Taco Bell. Help me out girls!!!!!
Mollyjean1631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #2  
Workin' It

What diet plan are you using? Have you looked at how many calories you are eating? You might just be putting in more than you are burning off with the exercise...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #3  
Workin' It

Oh, and if you aren't walking at enough of a pace to get your heart rate up you won't burn as many calories as fast...

I know you are frustrated, it will get better, I promise...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

(I'm not an expert by any means, so maybe someone else can offer more insight but....)

why not change up your exercise a bit? Use the bikes at the gym, or the ellipticals?
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #5  
Burning it away

I think its also important to look at your calories. WW has the points system too and is successful means of losing weight because they both count your food intake in some way. The thing is you might be more healthy and fit, but if your still having too much food/too little food you'll find the scale will stick. But hey...you deserve to be commended for sticking in their a month and for starting a life change
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

How long have you been on this diet change? You have to stay persistent, track your calories, and don't expect changes to happen overnight. If you're going to let yourself be ruled by the scale then maybe you should start tracking your measurements instead.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

I can join you in your frustratation. In fact i just told myself that this cannot happen overnight- and then i read your post. I think we would all love a quick fix but from all the sucess stories that I am reading (and there are lots here to read ) it seems that everyone took it slow and steady, and they eventually did win the race.
Keep on treking, I will and I agree with other posters about checking how many calories you are eating.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:45 PM   #8  
carinna

Make sure you are not overdoing it on your daily caloric intake (or under-doing it either) and maybe ramp up your exercise a bit. I know it's frustrating, but I'm sure once you figure things out you'll start to see results. NOOOOOOOOO cheeseburgers!!!
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/262/180

Height: 6'5

it really helps me to stay in the moment....if i look at it like i have to loose x number of pounds i get overwhelmed and end up binging or getting off plan (eating 5 burgers and going to taco bell!) but i think that when i changed my perspective to just live in the moment and be aware of what im putting in my body its alot easier and the scale started moving and its not overwhelming....
bentley fontane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #10  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

i agree with bentley.
Just live in the moment and be aware of what you're eating.
Don't count the lbs you have to lose in x amount of time. It's more frustrating. (i've been there, i know. I had been stuck with these 15 lbs for a year lol. But after i watch what i eat and don't think too much about scale, i lost some of it).

btw, idk about miles, but my doctor said you should at least walk 4km/hour. That's pretty fast, like walking/jogging. Idk about your pace of walking so i'm not sure but i think you should take the recommend "up the exercise abit" in consider

how many calories you eat per day? sometimes, healthy choice is good, but they keep me forget that i also need to control my portions too.

and lastly, maybe you just gained muscles. So wait for another month or two to find out Or, maybe, take a tape measurement and measure yourself? Maybe the tape measurement will show some improvement.

Good luck ^^ you'll see result soon.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

I once had a personal trainer, and he told me that it is an 80%/20% thing - 80% diet, and 20% exercise.

I am counting calories, which is great because you can then eat whatever you want.
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozles View Post
I once had a personal trainer, and he told me that it is an 80%/20% thing - 80% diet, and 20% exercise.

I am counting calories, which is great because you can then eat whatever you want.
I've lost weight before without exercising. And I didn't look that great. I lost a lot of my muscle tone, and I had no deffinition to my body, I just look.... blah I guess. I was thinner, but I still had fat on my body, I assume because I just lost a lot of my muscles... Exercise!!!!! Think about your heart, and all the diseases you're fighting off from your body every time you go out and walk, run, swim, lift, whatever. Every step you take is a step to a better healthier life. That's what we're here for right? Not just to lose weight, but to get healthy!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/166/135

Height: 5'7"

Mollyjean, I know how you feel! When I first started losing weight (this is actually back in high school...and I weighed a lot less than I do now!), i would walk on the treadmill downstairs and try and eat healthier in general. It was only after I pumped up my exercise to walking on a serious incline for 45 minutes to an hour that I really noticed any difference. Also, a pound is a pound! You didn't gain anything, and that's a victory in and of itself.
LittleElectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 154/154/135

I have kind of got myself under control. I know it won't be instant, much to my dismay. I have figured out how many calories I need to be eating in order for me to be losing weight and i have been eating right. I have gained more weight... only because I fell off the wagon, but I am back on with new goals and more determination. I can't let this fat get the best of me!!!
Mollyjean1631 is offline   Reply With Quote