Old 07-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #16  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

I don't like to use the hand bars on the arc trainer, so I just hold my hands like I'm running (otherwise I have to lean really far forward cause of my short arms ), and sometimes I zone out and then almost fall sideways off the machine. Like, noticeably. And then I have to do the whole "oh, I did that on purpose" nonchalant thing. Like I would fall off a machine on purpose.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #17  
Cynicism and Smilies

S/C/G: 245/237/145

I hate it when my leg/butt muscles hurt, but I love it when my arms and pecs hurt Im not sure why.

Weirdest thing that happened to me - and mind you, this was two years and at least 40 pounds ago -

I lived with my family in the country - gravel road kind of thing, barely see your neighbors. I wasn't comfortable walking or running, because cars tended to take the corners fast, the road was narrow, and there was no way for me to be seen.
So I would ride my bike. Around our "block" which was at least 2 miles. I went one day in the blasting heat, but it felt good to get the wind in my face rather than sit around the farm. I felt exhilirated after I got off the bike, but you know when you do a repetitive motion, when you stop you still feel it? That was me that day.

Anyway, I was hot, sweaty, and grimy, so I dashed up the stairs of our house and into a nice shower.

My leg muscles began to SEIZE! Both legs were cramping so bad I had to hit them with my hands. I'm a hockey player - I can lift over 450 pounds on a leg press machine...but this simple bike ride and my out of shape body (or was it the cold water? God knows!).

I literally had to pound the knots out of my thigh muscles as I stood there with water pouring over me. I never did that intense of a bike ride again, just because I was afraid of that moment
flabbyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:24 PM   #18  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

This thread is cracking me up!!
Three things:

JKS- I love the whole game of being non challant and whatnot.. it never works.. but we do it anyway! Holding on to those handlebars does have a benefit!

Jeffisbig: your little penguin story made me snort with laughter!! I understand your plight!

To all of those whose feet go numb on the eliptical... I know it!! I'm glad i'm not the only one.. I was a little worried too!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

The treadmill is going to be the death of me for 2 reasons!

1. I have one at home and have found that my cat likes it too.... he'll come running out of nowhere and jump on the track while I'm running! So I end up doing a huge jump and stumble as he goes flying off the back of the machine. He thinks it's great fun... I now close the door.

2. When at the gym, I would get sidetracked easily and start looking around while running which in turn has me start running in the direction that I'm looking. No good stumbling on the machine in a crowded gym. gotta lay off the booze!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:33 PM   #20  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by preppingbride View Post
When at the gym, I would get sidetracked easily and start looking around while running which in turn has me start running in the direction that I'm looking. No good stumbling on the machine in a crowded gym. gotta lay off the booze!
I almost run off the side of the treadmill every couple minutes!

I thought of another, particularly weird, one. I have noticed that since I've started wearing my heart rate monitor on the treadmill, I'm always full of static electricity. Like, if I touch any of the metal parts of the treadmill, I get a shock, and then my hair goes all crazy like I rubbed a balloon on it (you know what I mean if you ever did this as a kid ). It's kind of funny, but probably not a good thing...

Last edited by just keep swimming; 07-25-2008 at 02:35 PM.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default heh...

For being lanky, i'm kind of busty and I like to go run on the track at least once a week.

For jogging my all-purpose cotton sports bras work great, but I sweat buckets here in the summer and when I do they become kind of sheer. That just isn't going to fly. So I went to Victorias Secret and bought one of their sports bras. It is GREAT, except for the fact that it's made out of this super soft jersey so instead of sticking to sweaty skin like cotton does it slides around.

I'll leave the embarrassing story out because i'm sure you can guess what happened, but now I wear a tank top over my VS sports bras because if I start to run the momentum of my bosom makes them ride up, and if I sprint it's usually enough to cause it to roll completely up.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote