Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 04:06 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Hi All! Another Newbie!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Kelly. I am 23 years old. I've been lurking around this board for weeks and finally decided to register and become a member .

I've been working out at least 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes for about 9 months now and have only lost a few pounds. I weigh 130lbs and would like to get down to 125lbs. I know its not a huge drop, but those last 5 lbs are killer.

My one main weakness is chocolate. I love every type of chocolate.

Ok just wanted to say hi! Hopefully I'll get to meet some other 20 somethings here!

Kelly
Old 02-19-2002, 06:34 PM   #2  

Talking

Hi Kelly! This is weird, I'm also new, 23, and 5'3". I weigh 136 right now, and my goal is 120.

My big weakness is after I get home from work. I'm normally a big "morning eater", but since I try to limit my points during the day, I'm famished when I get home.

Good luck!

erin
Old 02-20-2002, 04:18 PM   #3  

Hey Erin! I know exactly how you feel. When I get home from work I am always so hungry even though I try to have fruit during the afternoon (ok today it was cookies because someone had sent them to our department...they were so good they were worth it! ). I usually end up having handfuls of pretzels with peanut butter but I know they aren't too nutricious for me.

I do try to workout after I get home from work or else I'd sit there and eat and eat and eat until dinner.

What can I do to not eat so much before I workout???

Old 03-17-2002, 12:45 AM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hey girls! I'm 23 & new here too... but I've go more to lose! I'm 210 from 235+ & my 1st goal is 195... 2nd goal will be 175... and so on. Mind if I join your thread?

Do you two live anywhere near latte'-central? (the greater Seattle area) That's where I am & so like many locals, my weakness are latte's & mochas! They're simply to die for! I can't get enough! Before work, lunch break, after work... you get the picture! (I especially like the places that give you chocolate covered coffee beans, or a hershey's kiss on your lid!)

Kelly~ The thing that made me post here was your question of 'what can i do to not eat so much before i workout'... I struggle so much with trying to not eat when I'm not hungry!!! It drives me nuts! I don't have any real good advice on that one, except to keep trying... Actually lately I've been able to stick to it pretty well & only eat when my body tells me to... but that's because of a recent drop in income... the cuboards & fridge are pretty bare! It's got nothing to do with my 'amazing' self-control! So I guess that could be called good advice = if you don't buy tasty food, you won't be able to eat tasty food!

Well I'm outta here, I'll drop in again later. ~Kalypso
Old 03-17-2002, 02:05 PM   #5  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone... I'm new here too... 22 years old and in college (at least for a couple more months). I also have a little more weight to lose (I'm at about 219 right now, down from about 235). But I've been working on it

As far as not eating before working out -- I've been working out in the morning (and the only way that this works is because my roommate also works out early, and we wake each other up) and I just grab water and a cereal bar before...

I tend to eat when I'm not hungry too -- all the time .... The only thing that really saves me is staying the heck out of the kitchen! I basically lock myself in my room And I try to keep food out of my cabinets too... at least bad food out of my cabinets...

My weakness is that I love food -- I love to cook it, shop for it, and eat it... and portion sizes! I eat too much in a meal or a snack...

BTW -- I visited Seattle last summer and I loved it! How do you like living there? It was gorgeous there for the week I was there, much cooler than Illinois
Old 03-17-2002, 02:37 PM   #6  

Angry

star19600~ Hi! Sounds like we have a bit in common!
My weakness is that I love food all the time too! I like munching & sometimes I even have to concentrate on making myself think of other things to do! Grrrrrr... This gets so frustrating!!!

Here's a trick that helped me & it may help you girls a little too... it all started when I realized that I eat because I'm bored & because I like tinkering in the kitchen. It's just fun to pull together odd ingredients & come up with some new concoction! Ya know what I mean? Cooking can be really fun sometimes! (I know... I'm a nerd )

So anyways, recently I've turned my kitchen into a Soap-Making Factory!!! This way I can tinker for hours & come out of the kitchen with wonderful BATH PRODUCTS instead of MUNCHIES! It's a little weird, but it's really fun & I've been able to make great gift baskets full of soaps, bath fizzies, bath oils, etc... for all my friends! If your at all interested I can give you some tips!

BTW... Seattle's great! I really love it! I love the "busy! busy! busy bee!" atmosphere of it! It's got that whole "grab a latte' & go" attitude... (which is very big in WA) Do you live in a city too, or smaller town?
Plus I love it because I just moved here recently & the drastic change of lifestyle (& drop in $$ due to the move) has been a big help in reaching my weight loss goals!

well, i'm off, have a great day! ~Kalypso
Old 03-19-2002, 12:31 AM   #7  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Kalypso -- sounds like a great idea! I just don't think I'd have time to do it. And I have enough Bath & Body Works to last me a lifetime....

I live in a small town, or did until I came to college... But the college town isn't all that big either. My hometown had 1600 people, and I lived in the country... The collegetown has about 20,000; and half of that is students. It really makes me like visiting big cities -- they're so different from small-town life.

Well, I'm doing much better so far this week. Last week I was on Spring Break, and even though I only came home, I ate and drank way too much.... I guess I didn't have enough to keep me busy, so my friends and i just kept hitting the bar at night

But it's a new week-- have a great week everyone!
Old 03-23-2002, 01:40 PM   #8  

Default Got room for another newbie?

I hope so, I'm loving this board!

I'm Jenny, 23, from Maryland. I've been working with a nutritionist to try to get my eating habits on track (I'm a bored eater too, along with a happy eater, depressed eater, scared eater, and so on).

My all-time high was 265, senior year of high school, and when I started my current job, I started creeping dangerously close to that mark. I decided that it was way past time to do something about this, so I set myself some short term goals, started working out, started seeing the nutritionist, and started seeking support.

I really am glad to have found this board, I can't seem to say it enough!
Old 03-23-2002, 04:53 PM   #9  

Talking there's always room!

Jenny~
Hello & Welcome! I'm so glad your here & I hope you keep posting! This place has helped me SO much... whenever I want to munch... if my computer is near I can just hop on & chat instead!
There are lots a great people here with tons of understanding support to offer!

Thanks for joining in on the chat & I'll talk with ya later!

~Kaly
Closed Thread