Old 06-30-2008, 12:55 AM   #1  
I will do this.

Default Ugh!

My man just cooked dinner....and cooked my two turkey links and a whole tablespoon of olive oil and now I can't eat them.

I am not angry at him. Just needed to vent. I was really looking foward to trying them. Now he is angry because I won't go over my allowed amount of calories to eat them but I won't do it. I haven't done it in 9 days and I am not going to it now.

I really wanted to try those tonight.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/179/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Ugh, I know what that's like. My fiance tries to cook romantic, "healthy" dinners for me sometimes, but he doesn't quite make it sometimes. Like stir-fried veggies in a lot of oil, or chicken cooked in butter. We've had talks, so he is perfect now ("Here honey, before you even ask, no there is no oil or butter and instead of pasta I measured and made you brown rice"), but there were some frustrated nights of un-eaten dinners. It always made me feel guilty
Spiders from Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

If the two links without oil were within your calorie budget. One link with 1/2 tbs of olive oil surely would be though. Or is the olive oil not part of your plan?
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:54 AM   #4  
I will do this.

I know I felt soo guilty. I mean - it's just turkey sausage but he took the time to make them for me and I felt bad. He went to the store and got me new ones (I didn't even ask)

He has been a saint since I sat down and talked to him about my weight-loss wish. Going to farmers markets....eating chicken 98% of the time..etc I just felt like dirt tonight.

And olive oil it totally in my plan...just not 120 calories of it in one sitting.

Last edited by Taylor86; 06-30-2008 at 01:55 AM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 AM   #5  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I know how that is.
My BF once made me a breakfast. Pancake. Sigh. but he was trying to be nice and all...and since I just started "shrinking my stomach" by controlling my portion control, the amount he gave me was too much and I couldn't eat more than half of it. I was so guilty and he was sad, too.

He still cooks or buys stuff for me but doesn't do the same thing anymore..and understands me a lot better now (at least I think and hope so)

And I'm sorry you didn't get to have those today but at least you now know how you don't want them to be cooked.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #6  
Flabulous

S/C/G: 230/218/160

Height: 5'9"

Ha. I've had to have the "olive oil discussion" a few times with my husband. His argument is that it's a healthy oil (which is correct), but he had no idea how many calories were actually in a tablespoon. I just cringe when I see him pour an unmeasured amount into the pan.

Oy.

Then again, he's super-thin and I'm. . . not. He has to be doing something right.
LetsWorkItOut is offline   Reply With Quote