Old 06-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Default pimple treatments

nope, this has nothing to do with food or exercise, but it does have to do with the giant zit that has formed on the corner of my mouth. Now, of course I've had zits in the past, but for some reason I feel like collecting advice this time.

what do you girls do with giant pimples?
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #2  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Have you tried new face wash?

My brother's friend had terrible acne, and washed his face all the time. He stopped washing it so much and only used a light cleanser at night and only water in the morning and his acne cleared up.

I also had a friend who developed acne all of a sudden and went to a dermatologist, was on antibiotics for a month and it all cleared up.

I personally put toothpaste on a zit at night and it helps dry it out :P
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #3  

thanks, julie! it's not really acne, just one mondo pimple. toothpaste, huh? i'll try that!
Old 06-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

ahhh I got the same thing ! on the left corner of my mouth ( yes it IS a pimple ) lol.... and we are gonig to my inlaws tonight for dad-day bbq ! I don't think there really is anything u can do to hide it in this location other than maybe where some lipstick and hope nobody notices LOL..... it sucks .. I feel your pain! if you lookat walmart or targets theres tons of acne or pimple stuff like spot targeting things Ive never tryed one but Im debating on it .. just untill I can order some proactive or go to the doctors anyways...
onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #5  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

Just make sure the toothpaste isn't solid blue colored gel kind, my brother did that on his nose and it kind of dyed his skin! :P
Old 06-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #6  

haha that is funny about the toothpaste!

onesullen -- yes mine is DEFINTELY a pimple, too! It is so not hidable. I really feel like I can only pop it or something -- it looks like it just wants to burst (ew, I know, I'm sorry). But, popping it is always a bad idea, right?
Old 06-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #7  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

I'm gonna get gross on everyone here, but I notice when a pimple is popped it dries up faster. My fiance mentioned it and I agreed.

Ew. LOL!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #8  

I just want to say that I just went to wikihow and found this, which happens to roughly be how I typically deal with a zit:

1. Wet a cotton ball or ball of toilet paper with warm or hot water.
2. Press on to area, every 15 seconds increase the intensity of you pushing the pimple down.
3. When the cotton ball/ball of toilet paper is minorly damp, get another one and repeat step 1.
4. Repeat step 2-3 until you have been doing it for 10-20 minutes. Then proceed to step 5.
5. Stop applying hot water. Go to the mirror and effectively pop the pimple or simulate popping the pimple in a way so that you are not pushing down, but up so that the infection doesn't spread further. You can do this step even if there is no white in your pimple.
6. Because your zit is so waterlogged you'll probably see a small layer of the zits skin that is detached from the rest of it. Peel this off carefully, and don't do any more than that!! If you don't see the piece of skin you've done step 2 wrong.
7. Hurry up and apply Benzaclin,Clearsal or any combination of Clindamycin and Benzoyl Peroxide to the area. Do this gently barely touching your skin. Rub it in for a while.
8. Let dry for 5 minutes and you'll feel your skin tighten; don't worry. Go to the mirror, you zit should be gone! It probably only took 25 minutes too! Here's what happened; the benzoyl peroxide dried the pus inside the pimple and flushed the redness out and the clindamycin prevented the infection of the pimple going deeper into your skin (a risk of popping the pimple).
Old 06-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I saw on some dermatology thing on TV that you should never push a pimple inwards (toward the center), but that you should push IN on the skin but pull the pimple apart (if that makes sense). I'm blessed with very very clear skin, but whenever I do get a rogue pimple that's what I do, and it seems to work really well. Also, I'll put some peroxide on a QTip after and dab it so that it kills any germy stuff.

People frequently ask me what I do to keep my skin clear, and for me, I just leave it alone. I don't use a cleanser or astringent or anything -- I just let hot water run over it in the shower and use baby wipes to take off my makeup at night. I moisturize only if my skin feels dry and wear sunscreen...and that's about it. One of my friends with pretty bad acne adopted this same routine as well and hers has cleared up, too......I dunno....maybe I should go into dermatology??? hahahaha
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 324/279/170

Height: 5'10"

The toothpaste thing is definitely right. But use toothPASTE. White paste, nothing else. That helps dry it out and shrink it. The next morning, try using eye drops on it. Eye drops shrink blood vessels to "get the red out," and that rule applies to more than just eyeballs. It usually won't be a major change, but you'll notice that some of the redness will definitely go down.
dani4a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:15 PM   #11  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Whenever I get a pimple (I pretty much only breakout around my period), I take a cotton ball and put rubbing alcohol on it, then clean the pimple with it. It usually 'pops' the pimple if it's a whitehead, and it disinfects (pimples are a bacterial infection, right?) and dries it up. Works pretty good. It is drying though, so not good to put all over your face, that will just make your face over-produce oil and make your acne worse. Probably not good for those with a lot of acne.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/145/120

Height: 5'5"

The Bye Bye Blemish drying lotion (it's a bottle of sulfur in alcohol) is amazing for those singular, annoying zits. You can find it at most drug stores!
Rachellia is offline   Reply With Quote