Old 06-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #1  
Not stopping at ANY cost

S/C/G: 260/220/160

Height: 5'5''

Unhappy Need some pep...H E L P

Hey ladies,
For some reason this week and last have been a slump. For the first time ever I went to my Weight Watchers meeting on saturday and instead of losing at least 1 or 2 I gained .6!!! I felt awful and this week I didn't even work out once, because I'm really feeling down. Help me stop myself before I damage myself further. I don't know why I'm just so down now.
MCheyenne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

it seems like you have been doing really well so far; everybody hits a slump now and then. you just have to push harder and get through it...think about how good it feels to have lost what you have already. could there be some hormonal reason behind this slump?
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:41 PM   #3  
Not stopping at ANY cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mescelestus View Post
some hormonal reason behind this slump?
I'm not sure. i had my thyroid tested hoping maybe I could take a pill to fix it. Unfortunately my "friend" is going to visit next week, but it hasnt effected me like this before.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:45 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

We all go through slumps.

First, you're dealing with a slowdown in mood. Sometimes we have to fake it til we make it. And, you know, exercise actually helps improve our mood. Maybe we won't be bouncing off the walls, but perhaps we can move up into "content for the time being". Remember your tagline under your name "Not stopping at ANY cost". Do you remember why you wrote that? How it felt to write that?

Second, you're dealing with your first gain on WW. It happens eventually to all of us. I've had small (and some large) gains many times. It's disappointing, and frustrating, and yes, a little scary. "Crap! Does this mean I'm going to gain it all back?" Irrational fears and all. One more week. Fine, the scale says up .6. Doesn't mean that next week or two weeks from now will show the same. Back to plan, even if we aren't happy-go-lucky about it.

If you feel you can't get in as much exercise, even a 15 minute walk will help. Something is always better than nothing.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #5  
Not stopping at ANY cost

Faerie,
That makes sense. I guess I'm panicked. I'm extra nervous about my meeting tonight and I'm afraid the anxiety is making me want to overeat. I'm not going nuts though I swear! I gotta get back on the horse now. I'm just not sure how to motivate myself