Old 06-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #16  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickyzeekat View Post
Yes the Paul McKenna stuff really works really well! I use it with the hunger scale and it works.

Today I just started the Fat Smash Diet, and so far my breakfast of banana and almonds and lunch of a huge assortment of veggies in a salad style is keeping me really full. I must admit I am shocked that I am not hungry after eating only 1/2 this salad thing I have created. I am at 5 on the scale right now, and I did in fact eat in a Paul McKenna style....lol

Have any of you tried the Fat Smash yet?
I haven't even heard of it, is it through a book or a website?
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

that is great and so true too ! .. tonight (my second night dieting ) I planned to eat only my suggested serving sizes .. and stop and not eat anytihng else after dinner ... and I was exactly at #5 after eating dinner and I was soooooooooooooo tempted to eat more but I stayed strong and kept telling myself " I ate the perfect amount" I litterally even measured my serving with measuring cups my hubby was giving the funny looks! lol..... thanks for posting! Im going to print it out and put it on my fridge
onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:32 AM   #18  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralitylikeart View Post
I haven't even heard of it, is it through a book or a website?
He's a very famous British hypnotist. They actually just had a show called "I can make you thin" by him on TLC not that long ago. His US website is www.mckenna.com. There should be enough information and you can join the site for free and you can watch video and stuff, too... I can tell you basics about it but I think it'd be better if you go there and read it yourself. It sounds very simple, too simple, but it WORKS. =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:29 AM   #19  
Stair Master

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5' 7"

Yeah, Paul McKenna is the man! Haha. He really helps you put into perspective your eating habits, and teaches you how to eat consciously.

I find that every time I get sick I get so full so fast, and due to the fact that I cannot smell or taste my food I am not really that interested in it. It makes you wonder how emotional and mental eating really is. If i we did it purely for survival, than I think all of us would be eating at a 5 all the time and not really have to worry about our weight.

the Fat Smash Diet is a completely separate thing. I think there is a section for it on this site, so if you want to scope it out you totally can. Basically it is a book written by the nutritionist from VH1's Celebrity Fit Club. He helps you reprogram how your body takes in food, and what you really need to survive and maintain happiness for the long run.

Simply put here is how it goes...

For the first 9 days you detox your body so you only eat whole foods and consume dairy that is low fat and only in small quantities. This way you give your body simply what it needs, and not what your imagination would like to have that day! Lol. the whole foods cleanse your body so you go to the bathroom a lot and remove excess toxins from your system. this is a completely vegetarian stage (however, not vegan).

That is Phase I. In the next 3 phases you slowly add meats and other dairies, and by Phase 4 you are allowed to eat anything you want, but within reason, and you should make the base of your diet staples from Phase I. I mean, you can still have french fries, ice cream, meat, seafood, milk during the course of your life, but you just have to do it within reason. The diet goes for 90 days, so by the time you are finished you should be reprogrammed so that you prefer to eat more whole foods, and you have better judgment as to when you eat unhealthy of "fun foods".
Nickyzeekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:30 AM   #20  
Stair Master

OH! and PS it is not abnormal to lose 10 lbs within those first 9 detox days especially if you stay true to it and have some water weight to lose.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #21  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

I was just listening to a podcast "Inside Out Weight Loss" by Renee Stevens (great podcast!) and she talks about the hunger scale.

She discusses naturally slender people and how they eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full, and most likely they eat for what will make them feel best.

When you think about food and eating (when food is offered, when you see food, when it's "lunch time") you should put your hands over your stomach, put your head slightly down and think of how hungry you are. After that you should imagine what it would be like to eat that food you're craving or what is offered (donut at work, pizza from an ad etc) and how it will make your body and stomach feel, not just how it will taste in your mouth.

She mentions the average person eats a meal in seven minutes - no wonder we all are overweight!

We need to ask ourselves "What should I eat that will make me feel best over time?" Then we need to imagine the portion we want and the portion we should eat and how it will effect our stomach and body.

She mentions a national weight control registry and how there are so many studies on what people DO to keep X amount of weight off for over a year or more. What they don't study and report on is what they THINK while they are losing weight and keeping it off. To be able to complete weight loss and keep it off, we need to change how we think, and make eating like a slender person as natural and as easy as possible.

Last edited by JulieRN; 06-15-2008 at 09:35 AM.
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #22  
Melting Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralitylikeart View Post
...on a side note, if I only ate when I was noticeably hungry I'd probably eat twice a day :/
That's me too...Hunger is never really an issue. I generally eat for meals and when I'm bored. If I really focused on hunger alone, my overweightness wouldn't even be an issue.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:38 AM   #23  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Nicky, I am starting Fat Smashing Diet today. I got all the goodies for it, full of veggies, and fruits, and brown rice, too. :P Did you start it yet? If so, let me know how it's going. If not, I will let you know how it goes.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #24  
Stair Master

Hey targettingthin!

Yes I started it on Friday. It's actually not that bad. i am enjoying it because my innards feel so fresh and so clean clean (sorry Outkast reference) LOL.
Yeah, so eating brown rice and brown rice products isn't so bad. It's great getting such a variety of fruits and veggies. I go out to eat often (it's really a lifestyle thing with my job... and largely why I am so overweight ...) so, I have been ordering things like "vegetable soup" or when out for Indian I ordered "chickpea masala". Although, most meals I am eating carrot sticks, strawberries, boiled egg whites, hummus, etc... Just certain things listed in combination so that I don't go hungry. I love eating every 2-3 hours I feel like I am always in store for something good. If I ate at 11am and don't want to eat until 2pm, but at 1pm I am hungry I refer to the hunger scale. If I am at 4, then I wait it out, if I am at 3, then I eat and just push my next eating time to 4pm. Then dinner at 7pm, and night time snack at 9pm, and so on....