Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/164/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Beginnings

Hi, I'm new here and looking for a bit of advice!

I've already begun eating healthy, so I guess you could say I have a food plan! What I'm wondering is what you ladies found the best way to start your exercise so you were doing enough but not being discouraged.

Right now I do *nothing*. My general idea is just to begin doing anything, so probably walking, but what did you find worked for you? Weights, yoga, walking?
moondrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Walking.

I began same place you did... nothing!

I started by walking during my 10 minutes breaks at work. Two quick trips around the buildings... it added up to 20 minutes of walking a day. And let me tell you, 20 minutes up from nothing is a HUGE improvement.

Over time, though, I started walking after work, too. And then following a yoga dvd. I'm now looking into starting weight training, and I've begun jogging a little bit. But this took me over a year.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote