Old 04-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #1  
Go BLACK Team!!

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Talking Another Newbie!

Hello all my fellow "Fat Chicks"!

I'm Missy, 27 years old, mommy to 1 adorable little boy who is entering his "terrible two's", and I live in the beautiful Pacific NW with my hubby and son (just North of Seattle, WA). I'm brand new to this site and am SO excited to dive right in and get to know you all!

A little history... I've always been "fluffy". I've got thunder thighs, a J-Lo booty (not nearly as toned, unfortunately!), and - thanks to pregnancy and post-pregnancy weight gain - those ugly, nasty stretch marks (I prefer to call them my "mommy badges") Right before I got preggo I was within 8lbs of my goal weight. I ended up gaining about 40lbs during pregnancy and my weight just kept creeping up after I gave birth. Now hubby and I are discussing TTC#2 soon and I REFUSE to get preggo at my current weight. So... I'm trying to get down to a healthier weight, just to put some back on during another pregnancy (sounds cRaZy, I know!!).

I just started taking Alli a couple weeks ago (*GASP*) It's not nearly as bad as everyone thinks - you only get those nasty side effects if you eat too much fat in a meal, so it forces you not to! I'm only down 2lbs so far, which is a little disappointing but at least it's a loss! Slow n' Steady is better than gaining...

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell! I look forward to getting to know all you rockin' chicks!
sunback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:11 AM   #2  
I will do this.

]

Hi Missy! It is so nice to meet you!

I am new here too and so far it has been a wonderful find. Everyone here is so great and supportive!

I love your word "fluffy"....I think I am going to use it!

You seem to have a great positive personality and I am sure you will do awesome!

I hope to get to know you and read more of your posts!

-Taylor

Last edited by Taylor86; 04-04-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #3  
Go BLACK Team!!

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Hey Taylor!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Everyone here seems so supportive - that's awesome!

Are you doing a specific "diet" (I hate that word!) or eating plan to help you lose the weight?

I look forward to getting to know you better!

~Missy
sunback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #4  
I will do this.

Missy,

I have been so so so many DIETS I have now gone on a life-style change.

I count calories, make sure I eat enough veggie and fruits and enjoy being alive. I try to eat little portions of food every 3-4 hours so I am never hungry. (I like string cheese, an apple, some plain turkey, celery, fruits...not very exciting but I do like eating more often than I was....it also ensures my blood sugar doesn't drop)
I stay away from the obvious, fried food, candy, white breads, really fatty meat, sugary drinks and try to stay closer to what grows in the ground.

I also see a trainer twice a week and workout on my own once a week. I am hoping to push that up to 4 times a week - but I am taking it so slow so I don't burn out and call it quits this time.

What are you doing? Any fun hints or favorite healthy food? I couldn't live without laughing cow cheese, chicken or artichokes!

Last edited by Taylor86; 04-04-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #5  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hi, Missy!

You'll love it here! Best of luck to you!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

From one "terrible 2's" mama to another.. I welcome you!!! (my wonderful daughter is almost 25 months old). I wish you the best of luck w/ your new lifestyle!!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 76.2/76/58kg

Height: 5ft6/1.67m

Welcome Missy!
tiggy123 is offline   Reply With Quote