Old 03-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #1  
A loser losing happily

S/C/G: 280/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Default Why are guys sooooooo aggravating!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I am sorry this is a venting moment. I know that I am an L3(large and lovely lady) but I hate hearing you have such a pretty face or someone thinking that because i am an L3 that when I get some attenion from them that they are doing me a favor. Though this has happened recently its not why I am writing this thread....but this too is weighing on my mind.

Then when there is someone with mutual feelings they have the nerve to say one thing around you and another around their friends. If they are embarrassed to be seen with an L3 like me then they don't deserve someone like me.

But when feelings are involved it can be such a hit to your self-esteem (i mean i know its "self" esteem but these kind of moments do a number on how you feel about yourself! in such a crazy way)

I guess I am a little hurt and you know whats worse, I still really like him. Its so aggravating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tavinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #2  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

that really sucks. i've been there. i have no idea why guys think they can get away with that! some people are just so worried about what others think about them that they can't be honest about their feelings. i'm so sorry you have to deal with that.

you're right that he doesn't deserve you if he's too embarrassed to be open about your relationship. but at the same time, sometimes we can't help the way we feel. why do we still like a guy even after they hurt us? i don't have any answers, just hang in there! maybe he will come to his senses and come groveling back to you LOL.
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

And how does he look ? Is he movie star handsome ? Does he have a drop, dead, gorgeous physique ? Or does have just the tiniest beginning of a beer belly? I find that people that criticize others don't always look so great themselves.

Last edited by bargoo; 03-23-2008 at 10:01 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Tavinni, you are absolutely right. If someone is embarrassed to be seen with you, then they need not be seen with you. As you will be off having a good time without them. Not to mention they don't really have mutual feelings do they? Or else they'd want to be seen with you all the time! This person is so afraid and controlled by what other people think, that it's quite unattractive IMHO. I'm very sorry that this hurt you, but you're stronger than this person is. You'll move on (and find someone MUCH better!).

Last edited by Lovely; 03-23-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Oh, what a blessing to find this out now! It is discouraging when people show their true colors, but really - consider it a gift. You do not want to waste your time on someone that is hung up on physical appearance. Trust me. I have been married to a wonderful man for almost 30 years. He has loved me through thick and thin, ups and downs, etc. Don't settle for anything less. YOU DESERVE THE BEST! And don't let anyone (including yourself) convince you otherwise!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #6  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

I agree with Bargoo, I find a lot of people who make negative comments and judgements about other people's looks don't look so hot themselves...

You're right, if he can't be seen with you, then you are too good for him. I know it's easy for me to say, but the hurt will go away in time (I have been there many times), and you will find someone who will be proud to be seen with you.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Well, to be fair, I don't think it's criticism or judgement, but insecurity. I've been through that many many times. The blessing with boys (and boys they are), is that you can figure that out pretty early on. It hurts, plain and simple, when someone makes you feel like you are not worthy of being seen with them (and what kind of BS is that? Ugh). As counting down said, you deserve the best. Leave him to his superficial dribble and find a real man.

Last edited by junebug41; 03-24-2008 at 12:51 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #8  
A loser losing happily

S/C/G: 280/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Thanx ladies, I needed to hear it, even though I have been thinking the same thing...

well

I am single and ready to mingle lol.

I know that there is someone better out there for me. I have met silly boys before but I guess this one hurt me because I didn't necessarily expect it from him. Oh well... I know that I deservebetter. And if this guy starts acting different after I lose the rest of my weight, I might just have to punch him (I know, I know violence is not the answer)

Thanks for the support ladies!
Tavinni is offline   Reply With Quote