Old 03-23-2008, 06:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 68/68/59

Height: 163cm

Default 27, Fit...and binge eating...diet buddy anyone?

Hi,

It looks as if I'm in the same boat as many people here. I'm a 27 year old Australian girl with a great job, wonderful lifestyle near the beach and brilliant boyfriend. I am a little overweight, but not much. I am fit and regularly go running. But...I binge eat, which basically cancels out any of the good that I do in life.
IT all starts when I feel tired or stressed. I have tried everything,as this problem has been with me since I was at least 12 years old. So, not I am wondering if simply "talking" and finding support may be my answer.
Does anyone out there struggle with a similar problem? I'd love to hear from you and maybe we could try and work thourgh it together.
Cheers,
Laura
Laura3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #2  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

i have a hard time with binge eating also. probably will always struggle with it. check out the Chicks in Control section on this site. there's a lot of people like us with that problem. 3FC is a great support system! welcome and good luck!
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:33 PM   #3  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I currently have a hard time with binge eating too. In my case, this problem developed through dieting, so I'm afraid I wouldn't be of good help as a diet buddy. (The problem with binge eating is never the food itself, so I've decided to forget about 'dieting' and focus on getting healthier in my head first. Bleh, doesn't that sound like some kind of psychobabble? Gee.) In all honesty, I think talking and finding support will be a good thing to do, but it may not be everything. There is (are) a reason(s) why we binge, and it's not something that can be curbed with 'willpower' and stuff like that.

Anyway, there are great people in the Chicks in Control section, so I'm sure that even simply reading the posts there can be of help. I hope you'll find what you need.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Laura!

I would love to be your buddy! I'm pretty busy with school and work, but I could get on MSN Messenger atleast a few times a week to chat. PM me if you want to add me.

It sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm truly blessed with so much that's great in my life, but I get tired or stressed, or bored...blah blah blah...and I binge. The binges mire me down. Support always helps!

Talk to you soon
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Laura, I'm much like you... a few lbs. to lose perhaps, decent with working out, but LOUSY with binging. i feel it ruins everything for me. I'd love to have someone to talk with and support/be supported by - also same to Penelope. i don't have MSN but i have AIM and of course e-mail and we could PM or whatever - let me know if either or both of you would be interested!

iris
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Iris - Sounds great! I don't have AIM, but feel free to PM me about whatever is on your mind! Especially when you need support
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #7  

Laura, i would like to be your diet buddy! i regularly work out as well but i too have problems with binging. mine is related to emotional issues as well as plain old exhaustion. but i would love to have someone to talk to and support likewise.
MartyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote