Old 03-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #1  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy thoughts...NSVs..anything positive!

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone had any amazing moments or NSVs or happy daydreams to post. Today I'm feeling VERY discouraged. (It involves my ex and facebook pictures of him doing body shots off of some girl with a flat stomach). I figured it couldn't hurt to start a happy thread to encourage everyone today!

My most recent NSV is that my students are noticing that I'm losing weight. For sixth graders to notice ANYTHING positive about someone else is a huge thing!
MSTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Let's see... usually I don't get to exercise after work on Thursdays due to it being my WW night, however today I'm going to eat lunch a little earlier and just work out through my off the clock lunch time. So...exercising more NSV
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #3  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

I noticed my hands are getting thinner, and so has my brother, who normally doesn't notice those things.

Yays!!! I'm glad about that, at least. I also helped him wash his dually truck and my car, so our cars are clean now!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #4  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I give blood, and the company that does it gives your cholesterol number to you, last time I donated in November it was 195, last week I donated again and it was 158! Also, I was able to put on a pair of my jeans that I haven't been able to pull over my hips in probably 3 or 4 years. They were somewhat tight still so I wouldn't be wearing them out anywhere, but they actually fit, I didn't have to suck my stomach in or anything! I'm getting there...The scale hasn't moved since last week, but the inches keep falling off, its great. Woot!
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I also tried on a pair of jeans that are a size smaller than what I have been wearing...and They FIT!!!...granted they are stretch jeans ....but they fit!!...they have been sitting up in my closet for the past 2 yrs or so and I just thought I would try to see how much more I needed to lose to go down a size and.....what do ya know ..they actually zipped up....and I didn't even have to lay down and suck in...LOL
Cherrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/145/135

Height: 5'8"

First, avoid your ex's facebook profile at all costs!! It will only bring you pain (been there). Second, I don't know if you recently broke up, but I find that when pictures like that make their way to the facebook, its usually on purpose to make other people jealous (also been there).

Even if that's not true, congrats on your NSV! Sounds like you are well on your way to being that flat stomached-girl at the bar! I had been discouraged lately too because I started running on the treadmill and eating immaculately and the scale would not move. Then today I went to try on a pair of jeans that I bought this weekend but still need to have shortened, realized that I had picked up a size too small, but when I tried them on they fit! In fact, I am contemplating bringing them in and exchanging them for the next size down. My first NSV to date
estellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

Accidentally tossed my smaller size jeans (that I've just started being able to wear) in the dryer with the bigger ones that I broil on "hottest possible without burning the house down" setting (so they'll shrink and I can still get away with wearing them). Thought I would have to wait another 10 lbs before I could get them on again but tried anyway - Up and zip no problem. No "pillowcase dance" to get them up and no laying on the bed to get them zipped. And best of all - once zipped, no muffin!!
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #8  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

I recently renewed my driver's license and I.D. I was able to change my weight from the 200's to my current weight in the 100's which I haven't seen in about 20 years. I recently bought a ring 2 sizes smaller than the last time I purchased one. Stay positive and stop going to that website.

Wishing You All The Best
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Made it through a 90 min hot yoga class this morning.
phew.

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Today is my last day before Spring break and I'm pretty excited. I also think I've finally gotten down below the 190's....scale said 191 and I'm definately bloated from TOM. Unfortunately I feel bloated too
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #11  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

what does NSV mean??? sorry I'm new to this message board.
ArmyWife02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #12  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

NSV = Non Scale Victory. =)

It usually means that you've accomplished something positive without needing a scale, like looser clothes, or you were able to do something you couldn't do before.
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

Well, this has to do with a scale, but I would say it's a NSV over my low self-confidence.

I don't have a reliable scale at home, so everytime I go to the gym I get on it (so like everyday almost). Usually I will wait until there is no one around and get on it. I don't want someone on one of the machines close to it to take a peak at my number..

Anyway, yesterday there was a guy on a bike that was RIGHT next to the scale. I waited for about 1 minute and he didn't move. I just told myself to get over there and weight myself.

The point is, that I didn't care what anyone else thought. I know that I am in this to do it for good, and I will never have to look at that 215 lbs. again, as long as I live!

I would say that's my NSV for the day!
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/151/hot

Height: 5'7"

Hi all. I'm new-ish. I thought I'd join the happy thoughts.

My little victory for the day... I wore shorts to the gym today! Yay toned legs + first day of spring!
twentysixpoint2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #15  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Yay guys!! Awesome NSVs! It sounds like everyone is doing amazing this week!

Estellas, yes, since January. He hasn't seen me since I started losing weight, and probably wont until July. Here's to hoping I'm smokin' by then
MSTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote