that girl

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

Default What gives?

Here is what's been going on:
Friday: Treadmill (jogging) for 40 minutes
Saturday: Leg workout 30 minutes, eliptical 30 minutes
Sunday: Arm workout 30 minutes, eliptical 30 minutes
Monday: Eliptical 20 minutes, 1 hour of racquetball (w/hubby, NOT easy)
Tuesday: Eliptical 30 minutes, some abs, 1 hour of racquetball
So, please someone explain to me how I have been on plan eating, no beer, no anything, and I am up one pound, what the ****. It is times like these when I get sooooo frustrated. I just need to stay focused on how I feel, which is awesome.
If someone could lend some insight into what the h might be going on with my body that would explain the gain I would really appreciate it!!!!!
Thanks girls!
Lisa
Lisa0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #2  
... fabulous!

I'm feeling the same frustration at this point... I've been counting calories like a maniac and doing almost an hour of cardio a day and have been struggling to drop any real weight. I've averaged about 2lbs/week for the longest time and now I'm like averaging .2lbs/week and I'm dying here. It's hard to stay motivated when going to the gym isn't paying off.

I lost the majority of the weight without any exercise due to an injury but now that I'm at the gym I would have expected to see some major results... but... that's not happening.

So my advice, stick with it! Don't give up! You are only doing yourself good by going to the gym and with time the pounds will come off.
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #3  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

you're probably building muscle...or your retaining water from your sore muscles
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:28 PM   #4  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

well, if your muscles are sore, I think I've read that they can retain some water to try to repair them, which can artificially raise your weight. Also I don't know what you were losing before, but if you were losing well every week on that calorie intake and haven't raised your calories and you've stepped up your exercise that much in a short time, your body might be trying to hang onto your weight, maybe up your calories by a hundred or two, or do some sort of calorie cycling (eat more one day less the next) to trick it into burning fat?
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #5  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

My guess is that you're gaining some muscle? That would weigh more than your fat, and you'd notice it if your scale is heavier, BUT your clothes are loose. =)
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #6  
Root of all what now?

S/C/G: 300/210/135

Height: 5'5"

My guess is water retention. If you're honest about your calories (probably 1500-1800 a day?) and you exercise that much, especially if you just started, that's the likeliest explanation.

The solution is to drink more water!

Also if you're due for your period you could gain a few pounds. I go up about 3 before and during mine and then drop it a few days after it's over.

And keep in mind, the scale can be deceitful. As other people have said, focus on how you feel rather than numbers. The numbers will come but when you are weighing yourself make sure you do the ritual (same bat-time, same bat-place in your bat-skivvies each day).
Tamaroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:24 AM   #7  
Not so Slim...Yet

S/C/G: 211/191/128

Height: 5'5"

I'm not expert but I have to agree that you're prbly retaining water. How much are you getting in a day?
kwoodslim is offline   Reply With Quote