Old 02-29-2008, 06:13 AM   #1  
I Can Do This!

S/C/G: 239/ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Morning Workouts

Many of you have told me this is the way you have gotten in your workouts after long hectic work days. I've tried it before and failed-but I'm trying again! Today is the first day of my two weeks that i am pledging to do it! I'll post here to report back to all of you for support and a way to keep me motivated!

Ok I'm up now-off to work out!
IndianaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:35 AM   #2  
I Can Do This!

Well not what I wanted-but it's day one. I hope to gain more energy in the morning to be able to push through this more. (afternoons are easier for me-just a struggle for time then!)

Day One-6am
18 min on elliptical machine
50 crunches on the ball
20 bicep curls on each arm with 5 lb weight
Old 02-29-2008, 07:54 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Way to go Getting up early to get your exercise in is marvelous! I couldn't do it, lol. I'd have to wake up at 4:30! (Heck no!) But, keep on going. You can do this
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:18 AM   #4  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

That's great! I get up early to work out as well, otherwise I'd have a kid hanging on my legs.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #5  

Whoo - I'm so proud of you and you've motivated me to join you for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. I used to leave my house at 4:50 on the bus!!! to go to the gym. Now I can't even get myself in the car before 10am! LOL

Ok - so I'm totally down with the morning workout routine. Thanks for starting this.

Go, girl, go!
lawchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/135.2/115

Height: 5'0

How funny, today was my first day starting morning workouts too! I have been doing the eliptical every night after work, but the scale hasn't budged at all, so I figured I would try and do both morning and night.

So, this morning I woke up at 6am and did 20min on the eliptical and watched sex and the city. Hopefully I keep this up and actually see the scale move.
comawhite2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #7  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

I LOVE my morning workouts!

I used to have the hardest time waking up in the morning to fit them in. It ended up making me feel like a failure because it was yet another thing that I failed at.

One day I was at a local GNC type store and was talking to the sales guy about supplements (you know, does CLA really work, etc.) as well as diet pills (at the time my sleep disorder was undiagnosed). He helped me pick out a diet pill. At the time I was desparate enough to try anything, health wasn't a factor, I just wanted to lose weight. So, to make a long story short, he gave me the gift of the morning workout, the best advice I've had to date. He told me to set my alarm for 20-30 min before I wanted to get out of bed to head to the gym and take the diet pills then. After that, go back to sleep. Sure enough, in 20-30 minutes I woke up and was full of energy.

As I've aged health has turned into more of a focus. So I switched the diet pills for plain caffeine pills (really cheap and you can get them to equal what is in a cup of coffee or a Mt. Dew). They worked just as good. One of my friends started doing this about a week ago and is loving it.

Now my sleep disorder is being medically addressed and I am on Rx stimulants. I still use the same trick, set the alarm, take the pill, go back to sleep, pop-up wide awake 30 min later.

I can understand that some people are not going to agree with this approach. I am not saying that diet pills are the answer, I don't take them anymore. Eventually I got to the point where my body adjusted to waking up and for a while I didn't even use the caffeine pills. Now I have to take my Rx so it's going to be an ongoing thing with me.

Another thing to note about morning workouts. The first week or 2 you might have a hard time with getting tired in the afternoons, more so than normal. I've found that this goes away with time.

Another good hint is a phone call. My mom gets up insanely early and if I am lagging w/ my workouts I'll have her call me at 5:45 or 6. That will get me up!

ETA: There is this really fit lady at work who gets up at 3 AM every morning to get in 2 - 3 hours of exercise! She loves exercise but with her job and family she has to make room for it and the morning is the only time!!! I have to give her credit, anything before 5:30 is a bit much for me!

Last edited by SlimmingDown; 03-01-2008 at 02:32 PM.
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/148/130

Thanks for posting this. I have been considering getting up early to exercise for awhile. I would like to try for a couple weeks and see how I feel. Its on!
ericacaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #9  
I Can Do This!

Thank you to everyone who has given me so much support! I'm embarrased to admit-I've already messed up. Saturday was Day 2 and I didn't get a work out in at all becuase I had to head out of town. Day 3 Sunday (today) I didn't get up and work out but I did get an afternoon workout in. I plan to get up early and start again tomorrow!

Loryivey- how are you doing?
Old 03-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #10  
I Can Do This!

Ericacaca- did you start this today? Glad to have you doing it with me! It'll help keep me motivated!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #11  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi Gals, I won't go 2 weeks straight, I can hardly move from yesterday's workout! But I will try 3x a week for two weeks, make sense?
GOOD LUCK GIRLS!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #12  
I Can Do This!

Day 4

Only had time to get 15 min in this morning as I woke up late!
Old 03-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #13  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I've recently started doing morning workouts too. Well, at least before I head to class, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays that's at 1 so they're more mid-morning workouts.

I thought I would hate it but it's really a nice way to wake-up, and it gets me hungry for breakfast.

But wow, all you guys get up so early! The earliest I can drag myself out of bed is 8.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #14  
Don't Take Away My Cheese

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

I really would like to attempt this, as I know I would exercise more...what's going to "pop up" in my schedule at 6:00 am to prevent me from getting to the gym? Ack...but I'm lazy. And super cold in the mornings. And in love with my bed.

Last edited by FriendlysRage; 03-03-2008 at 10:16 PM.
FriendlysRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #15  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

How are y'all doing with the morning workouts?

I was at the gym by 6:15 this morning. YAY!

Hope you guys are doing well!
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote