Morning Workouts - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

You all have some awesome will power! I've wanted to do this for a while. I used to get up and workout in the morning and loved it. That was before my daughter started school. I would get up at 6 and do my thing and be showered and ready to go when the kids got up around 7. It was great. Now she has to be at the bus stop at 7 and I just can't seem to make myself get up early enough. Really, that's an awful excuse. I drive her to school sometimes and then I don't have to get her up till 7, so I guess if I just drive her a few days a week I could still workout before she gets up. I guess I just talked myself into the solution! LOL
cbuggin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Thanks but it really isn’t that bad. This Monday was probably the hardest day for me with the time change. But I am a morning person, and if I don’t work out in the morning I am tired and lethargic all day, that is enough motivation for me to get out of bed. My hubby is very understanding since he has to wake up to the alarm every morning at 4:15 too (though he stays in bed and goes back to sleep)

Last edited by ella13; 03-11-2008 at 02:08 PM.
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #33  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

Ella - 4:15 is early! Good for you though. Sounds like your hubby is awesome and supportive. Where do you workout, a gym? Mine doesn't even open until 5.

I thought that 5:30 was early but I have to remind myself that people are dang near lined up at the gym at 5:00 when they open. Fortunately I have a job that has flexibility. I normally work from home 2 days a week (on those days I workout during lunch usually) and then on the days that I do go in I don't even start getting ready for work until 8 or so. It's nice b/c I have time to workout and make a nice breakfast right afterward.

Today I am kicking myself. I got up at the normal time and sat up in bed. I didn't sleep so well last night and I decided to try to get more sleep so I skipped my workout. Of course that extra sleep wasn't good at all b/c I knew I had to get up soon. So frustrating. Looks like I'll have to fit in a night time workout!
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #34  

slimming Down- I have a gym at home that I work out in. It would be much harder if I had to actually go out in public.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 260/258/160

Height: 5'9

I am an avid morning exerciser and if I did not get up and at it then I never seem to get to it later. I am up at 5am and on the treadmill at 5:30. I accomplish more the days I get up and feel better. Good luck with your morning routine.
HotforTeacher80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:50 PM   #36  
I Can Do This!

S/C/G: 239/ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I've not been able to get up early at all this week-BUT I am working out in the evening-so I guess that counts for something!
Keep up the good work ladies!!

Connie
IndianaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #37  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I got my workout in this morning! It was only 45 minutes but I feel better for it.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #38  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

YAY vixjean! That is AWESOME!!!!

ella - Having a home gym is nice. I have a really nice elliptical machine at home that I use sometimes. I don't have the willpower to use it in the morning though, for some reason I need to get up and GET OUT of the house. Do you have weights and stuff as well? I can't find my balance ball

I have been doing really great also. I worked out 3 mornings M-F this week and then got up and went straight to the gym today. I also did one evening at home on my elliptical here. I'm pretty proud. Yesterday I DID NOT want to go to the gym. I even considered turning back around when I was in my car but I did it! I only did 30 minutes, but I did it!

How is everyone else doing?
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 353.6/325.6/180

Height: 6'0

wow all you are amazing.
I am just starting to move my body more (ww terms lol)
I have been trying to get up early every morning but I am sooo tired.
It is hard to get to bed early (my norm time is midnight 1am bed time) and even harder to wake up early.
I am going to try and start waking up early and getting to bed early.
Thanks for all the motivation =)
bcrugbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I want to work out in the am's, but I can't get my big butt out of bed. I just hit the snooze bc I can't even get my eyes open.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #41  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

I usually get up around 6:30a to squeeze in ~20 minutes of morning workout before heading to work. Typically in the mornings I do strength training since I'm not exactly awake enough to do cardio routines & I don't want to risk waking up my apartment neighbors that early with my jumping & stomping around (I usually do my cardio after work or during lunch break). I actually prefer splitting up my routine, that way I don't feel so overwhelmed that I have to do about an hour of exercise at once.

The exception is weekends, when I have the leisure to go on a long run in the morning (again, around 6:30a before the sun heats things up too much).
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

I had been going to the gym most days before work and loving it, but I kind of fell off the wagon last week after DST, because it was so dark I just wanted to stay in bed. I made up for it exercise wise by walking a lot and sometimes hitting the gym in the evening, but I want to get back into the morning routine starting this week. Thanks for the inspiration, y'all!
coldbrightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #43  

Slimming- I have an elliptical and weights with a bench and a stationary bike that I rarely use. During the winter I use my elliptical all the time but once it gets lighter and warmer I will be outside more to switch things up a bit. I also do some cardio tapes. I have a tv and a DVD player in my gym which really helps me get in there in the mornings. I don’t allow myself to watch tv unless I am working out so if I want to watch my favorite shows I record them on my TiVo and watch them while I work out.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 150/145/135

I want to start working out in the mornings but I don't know what to do about food. I feel like if I don't eat before I work out I won't have energy to make it through, but there isn't much time in the mornings to let food settle on top of going to the gym.
estellas is offline   Reply With Quote