Old 03-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/300/190

Height: 5'11

Default I just ate three packs of 100-calorie cupcakes...

I'm so disgusted and disappointed in myself right now! I've been doing so well lately, exercising around 6 days a week, and staying at my calories, but the scale hasn't budged! I've been telling myself that it'll move eventually and I just have to continue eating right and exercising, but tonight the dam burst. I had a staff meeting in which I made the best possible choices given the pretty unhealthy dinner that was provided. I went to the gym afterwards, but when I got home I ate the whole plate of food I fixed for tomorrow's lunch and like the title says, 3 packs of 100 calorie hostess cupcakes. I have no idea why I did it...and now I feel icky. If only the scale would move a little bit, I would have the motivation I need to not binge like that. Grrr! Anywho...just needed to vent a little...tomorrow will be a better day...
JourneytoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

tomorrow will be a better day ...we all get into these little "ruts"...I know I do. Do you avoid the cupcakes or sweets you really like most of the time? I've found that working a real good sweet (i choose an M&M cookie---my fave) every day...I tend to stick to my diet more...and not crave so much junk.

Don't sweat it though...I mean, really...it's 300 calories...and I would say if you went over your calories drastically, just cut a little tomorrow...or work out a little more. I don't think a slip up like this will set you back at all! :-D
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

It might even help. Sometimes if you cut your calories severely, like down to 1500 or 1400 a day, your body will eventually adjust its metabolism to accommodate that and you'll plateau. I've heard from a lot of people that when they raised their intake it boosted their bodies out of starvation mode and they starting losing again! Obviously eating cupcakes is not the way to accomplish this, but everyone slips up every now and then. Don't be disgusted with yourself. I ate probably two cups of Cheetos a few nights ago, and oddly enough it hasn't affected me at all.
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:02 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

At least its the 100 packs. Probably still better than eating a regular cupake or a muffin
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:08 PM   #5  
for your health!

Height: 5'1"

man those cupcakes look a lot bigger on the box, don't they?! i had a pack for dessert and it is taking me everything i have not to eat the last pack!!

edit: i've been putting 15 calorie cool whip on them as well, maybe that would help you savor them more!

Last edited by punchthekeys; 03-05-2008 at 10:09 PM.
punchthekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/222/150

Height: 5'10"

Smile I know how you feel

OMG...I love cupcakes! And the 100 calorie packs are sooo small, I would need three to feel I had eaten anything. I just avoid having those things in my house. I opt for Weight Watchers chocolate ice cream bars. They are sooo chocolately and yummy for only like...160 calories..

Plus, eating them makes me forget im on a diet.

lizziek24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 76.2/76/58kg

Height: 5ft6/1.67m

On the upside this may speed up your metabolism if you're usually on low cal :-) It's just a blip, keep up the good work, you're doing great
tiggy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:56 AM   #8  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I would have to agree... at least it was only 300 cals.. and not a tub of Ben& Jerrys!!

This is something that you can definitely pick yourself back up from! It's a new day today...
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:33 AM   #9  
I Love my girls

S/C/G: 350/315/145-

Height: 5'3

Like the others said It could have been worse...I usually try to avoid the donut case at my local Wal-Mart...as it is my weakness. The other day I couldn't resist...I walked out of there with four, YES, 4 donuts and ate them all in the car on the way home. I felt sick after but I lost a lbs the next day and i was stalled for a week or so...so maybe it will work the same for you! Hopefully. Plus I don't plan on doing it again any time soon...
helenandaudreysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

I could have been worse, indeed. But, hey, you caught yourself now. And today is a brand new shiny day!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #11  

*hugs* We all get in those ruts....a splurge every once in a while is not going to ruin your diet, and sometimes you just need to have one ^^
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #12  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

One HALF CUP serving of Ben and JErry's is 300 calories... wanna guess how many in a whole pint?

I guess if you're gonna mess up, better to do it with 100 calorie packs, right?

You can do this. 300 calories in the grand scheme of things won't destroy your diet for the week.

And the scale might not have moved if you're not eating ENOUGH calories, that is definitely true!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #13  

Height: 5'

I think an important part of weight loss is just getting right back on and continuing what you were doing before with healthy eating. One day isn't going to mess it all up for you, as long as you bounce back from it. The trouble a lot of people have is they slip up once and its all over, they go back to their old eating habits. All of us need to eat some "forbidden" foods once in a great while, that way we won't be tempted to binge. I work out at Planet Fitness (I know there are lots across the country) and they always make this announcement "The first monday of every month is pizza night and the second Tuesday of every month is bagel morning" I think they do this so people realize they are allowed to have some "Bad" foods once in a while, as long as it is moderation and you get right back to your plan and goal. Don't worry about it.
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 318/300/190

Height: 5'11

First of all, thank you all so stinkin' much for your support! This story does have a happy ending...

After eating the cupcakes, I had some dark chocolate squares and maybe 4 glasses of milk. I was craving the milk more than the chocolate, weird. I know it's not right but I kind of reasoned with myself that I'd already screwed up, I might as well eat what I crave tonight and then get back on the straight and narrow tomorrow. Anywho...I weighed this morning, expecting to have gained, but I lost 2.2 lbs! How is that even possible? I'm wondering if maybe I need to get more protein in my diet, or just more calories in general. All I know is it's nice to see the scale move...and to be honest I could care less if it's water weight, bone weight, air weight, fingernail weight...I -needed- to see some payoff for all my hard work...

I think I'll just not kid myself about being able to control my eating at night and just not buy any sweets, or if I do I'll keep them in my car so I have to run a flight of stairs in the cold to get them...
JourneytoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Angry

I had a bad day too on last Sunday...... broke down and got a BK burger w/fries...bad bad bad....it sucks and I felt really bad about it..but Monday I just had to get right back to my meal plan and hit the gym hard this week . I also decided to skip the scale this week and just weight in next week ....
Cherrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote