Old 03-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #16  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

Yeah the attitudes like that really suck. Discrimination is wrong but it still happens to bigger people and it's not right.
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #17  
Made of Starstuff

Just awful. And yet... it always makes me want to laugh a little.

There's this "normal" human being, saying these terrible things about someone, or a group of people whom they know NOTHING of. And I bet they go home at night, and binge drink, smoke, rack up credit card debt, physically abuse someone etc.

It's so hilarious to me that anyone judges anyone else like that. I want to say to them "Don't you ever stare at yourself in the mirror? Don't you ever look into your own eyes and notice what a horrible person you are?"

It's also funny, because these people who so frequently judge others are often ignorant of their own wrong-doings.

I suppose I have to laugh or I'd cry.

Oh well. I cannot change how other people feel. I can only change myself.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #18  
Tired of cold and rain...

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys, well I read these posts and just want to put my two cents in...I know that I don't look like someone who has struggled with weight but I am. And I do judge overweight people but not because I'm just hateful. I'm scared of losing control and gaining. I am such a freak in my head about all this and I feel like I can be honest because we are all really strangers. Anyway, I'm not sure if I said all this the way it was in my head but I tried. I honestly hope that I didn't offend anyone because I'm so excited to make new friends and be involved with everyone! This is just me spilling my guts a little. Ok, thanks for reading....JILLLLLLL
Jill Tha Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #19  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Hope this makes a few over weight people feel a bit better. I belong to a card club, over 200 members and 85% of them men. A few of us woman took a survey, no names given. Would a man rather a woman be a few pounds under weight, the weight the chart said she should weigh, or a few pounds over weight. 90% of the men liked a woman a bit over weight. One has to wonder how many people are interviewed until they get the responses they want for tv and new paper reports.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:55 AM   #20  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardatwork View Post
This really makes me mad too! I've even read where ppl say it disgusts them to see "fat" ppl eat.
this one time, a plus size girl was munching on chips behind us. My sister's boyfriend said quietly within our group of friends "oh, put down the doritos, fatty. Like you need anymore". I shot back at him, "how in the world do you know what she eats? How do you know she isn't trying on a diet? How do you know if she has been losing a few pounds lately and is exercising moderation? Just because they appear obese does it mean that they can't eat in public at all or should they just starve themselves?"

that shut him up well.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote