Old 03-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #1  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default The Guilt!

So i went and got an ice cream sundae today.

I am still going to make it within a good amount of calories for me for the day. I haven't had an ice cream sundae in about a month (that is nuts enough right there!).

Why do i feel this enormous amount of guilt?!? It almost made the ice cream taste bad! (almost)

I allowed this treat in, but feel horrible about it. Anyone else going through this?
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

I go through this all the time. Every time I have something that is within my points for the day (since I'm doing Weight Watchers) but still isn't very "healthy" I always feel like I am somehow cheating even though I am still following the plan like I'm supposed to. Don't worry, you're certainly not alone!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #3  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

I feel for you girl. We've probably all been there at some point in time.

I think that for so long we are told that there is a "right" way to diet. It's a formula, do this, don't do that, eat this, don't eat that. It's like we get it in our heads that we have to follow this formula. Therefore, when we stray (even though it's perfectly fine) it feels taboo and makes us feel guilty. One thing that I like is that it seems like more and more diet communities are being more open minded and are realizing that there is no right way or right plan for everyone.

We need to shed the stigma and the taboos. one month with no sundaes is great! You have lost a good amount of weight. The last thing you want is to deprive yourself and end up binging. A little bit of a "bad" thing is a good thing!!!!
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #4  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks so much for the kind words! It's true. I definitely would have ended up on some sort of binge if i continued to deprive myself of one of my most favorite treats. One sundae (which wasn't even that big) is nothing compared to eating out of the carton in front of the TV which would have been disasterous.

I agree completely about the taboos and the "right" way to diet instilled in our heads. It's really time to smash that!
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote