Old 02-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkinglizzy View Post
quick input about the diagnosis discussion (and I win because I'm a semester away from having my master's in psychology!) -- be careful with assumptions. While OCD was the first thing that ran through my head too, we really don't have any idea what's going on with your boyfriend, and even the most experienced clinicians have a difficult time with diagnosis. Sometimes the labels can just be scary and not helpful. I guess the point is to be supportive and get him what he feels he needs, which it seems is counseling, which is really great that he is willing to get that help. But that we all keep in mind that we really have no idea what his story is.
Good luck and way to seek out running as therapy instead of chocolate!
S
I totally agree Lizzy. I deffinately don't think she needs to put any sort of label on him. I was just suggesting this could be a possibility, and he needs to seek counseling.
I also agree, that running instead of chocolate is amazing!!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

lovin and yes - congrats on the losses

shantroy - so sorry to hear about your bf's dad. im also sorry to hear about your bf's probs. the biggest prob to me sounds like he feels like he cant control his mind (hes probably feeling out of control in general right now with his father being ill) and not so much the specific counting etc.

Im a ceiling tile counter, i count my steps in increments of 4 (1,2,3,4 in my head over and over) and i have to have things in my apartment a certain way (so after my roommate comes through i rearrange) and i often point out reoccuring colors (theres a purple scarf, a purple sweater, a purple sign) much to the annoyance of whomever im with!

i dont have OCD but i dont have some mild anxiety issues. it doesnt interfere with my life and i only notice it when i get really stressed or self conscience!

hopefully your bf can talk to someone about why he is feeling out of control and regain some of his calm again.

im doing ok otherwise - just hanging out!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Just got back from Pilates...I can really feel my strength improving and it was only my third class. I seemed to look a little thinner, too...though that could've been the mirrors. I felt like those mirrors weren't 100% accurate...

But I'm down another 1.5 lbs AND it's TOM, so that makes me feel REALLY good, especially after the MONSTER dinner I had last night (see last weekly chat thread!)!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #19  

nutritionjunkie- I totally know what you mean about that antisocial feeling. A lot of times in college I would just stay home by myself and eat my frozen lean cuisine while everyone else went out and had fun. That is why after I graduated and started working I swore that I would always make the effort to go out and socialize with people. I constantly have to remind myself that it's a good thing to have people that want to spend time with you, and for girls eating is a pretty big part of that. One thing I do though is check out the menu first, figure out what I want to eat and plan the rest of the day accordingly. You can almost always just get a salad with grilled chicken and use balsamic vinegar as your dressing (a lot of times I just say chicken ceasar salad with the cheese and croutons on the side).
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:17 PM   #20  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

freddy- I did some OCD things when I was a kid...something with counting power lines! I definetely still like things a certain way like have things laid out a certain way in my apartment. Interesting how many people do this.
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Hey guys
- Walked for close to 90 minutes today...most excercise I've done in a long time.
- Went by the community center near me, I'm going to sign up for aerobics starting tomorrow!
- Ate pretty good today too, so an all-around good day
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #22  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm in a crappy mood hubbys beign a jerk cause the kids wont go to bed so once more i'm up the kids are fighting sleep and he's being an arse..
i hate mondays
my weight is still fluxing between 166-168 guess i really ought to lay off ben and jerrys just wish dh would be more helpful so i didnt have to turn back to food(we had a really amazing night this weekend but he's been useless since) we had a breakfast date sunday which went well we even walked around target(and i left my pedometer at home of course)
maybe tomorrow he'll be more human after 2 nights of better sleep before i shove his sleep mask up his butt for not using it
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:49 PM   #23  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone,

How are you all doing??
It's been awhile since I've been on, and I'm really only here to say it will probably be a while before you see me again.

I don't know what's with me, but right now I'm not in a "dieting" mood. I just want to eat healthy but not have to think about it you know? I have a lot of other things (school) going on right now, so I can't put the effort into 3FC that I'd like to. I took last week off from here and from constantly obsessing about my food, and it felt really good. So for now I think I'm taking a break. I'm sure I'll be back, but it might not be for awhile.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:43 AM   #24  

Where is everyone at this morning?

I just got done taking a midterm, I'm done with classes for the day, but I have to work on my research. I am so ready for school to be over! Just 67 days until I graduate.

I'm still on plan. It feels really good to be in control. I've felt out of control with my eating and exercise habits for awhile now. I feel like I've finally got a grip on things, I'm ready to see my goal weight. I'm ready to be thin and healthy. I can't wait until my weight issues are a thing of the past. I know I will always struggle with food choices, I've come to terms with this issue. My metabolism just isn't as high as others, and I have to really watch what I eat. I also know that I will always have to force myself to exercise. It's just something I have to deal with. I'm just ready for the "losing" part to be over with, I'm ready to maintain and not worry about the scale anymore. I'm sure you all can relate.

I hope you ladies have a happy and healthy Tuesday
Old 02-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #25  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

I'm painting :P
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:19 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 152/135.2/115

Height: 5'0

My night fell to crap yesterday. After coming home and working out I made a very healthy dinner and ate all my vegetables. But a couple hours later I don't know what happened. I just subconsciously decided that I was starving and I ate a really big bowl full of cereal. I completely blew my calories out the window after having a great day of being good.
comawhite2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #27  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Sleepily at work. I overslept, so i was late by 15 min. Thankfully, the work's pretty lax on that. Stupid bus!

I'm kinda dreading having to go into photo lab tonight to print and process my pictures....ugh!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Shantroy -- sounds like you're approaching the problem with a lot of sensitivity. Keep us posted and let it all out here!!

nutritionjunkie -- I cannot imagine dealing with free meals every day. That must be incredibly hard for weight loss!! I really haven't mastered the anti-social feeling bc I go out so infrequently that I usually just let myself eat whatever i want the few times I get to go out! But I suppose that one strategy is to only eat half of what's in front of you...I"m sure others will have more to say on this. Good luck!

casey -- i don't mean to be a knowitall, but i just am one, i can't help it. plus, when you're the program I'm in, you learn quickly to be incredibly Dx wary...As for your second post -- way to go!!! You're helping get me back on track (i've been derailed since Wed night's McD's attack)

readyfreddy -- I count, too. Not so much with the colors, though... Anyway, thanks for sharing!

arts -- way to go on the loss and the pilates!

cookiemonster -- good planning strategies...and i know from your posts about Arizona (New mexico?) that you are true to your word!

yesitsme -- my brother needs things laid out a certain way, and his wife is a total slob. it's pretty funny.

summerlove -- way to go on the good day! keep us posted on how you're doing!

lissa -- does he have a CPAP rusting away in the corner like my boyfriend? Is that the sleep mask you're talking about? If so, I can TOTALLY relate!

Cat -- hey, thanks for checking in! I hope you're able to do everything you want to, and I totally understand getting sick of thinking about food. Maybe you can come to 3FC and just chat about other stuff you're up to? We'd love to hear from you!!

coma -- you know what's sort of funny after reading a post like yours? I definitely understand how you feel when it's ME that's eaten a bowl of cereal, but at the same time, when I read your post, I thought, "one bowl of cereal? and that's gonna make her feel like crap??" like I said, I've felt like crap over cereal, too...but really, is it gonna make that big a difference in our lives? Enough that you're gonna waste a day feeling like crap over it (fyi -- i'm writing this more to myself than to you!!)?? Anyway, it happens to all of us, don't know why, but I guess the thing to do is to move onward...good luck!!

Starofsorrow -- hope your day picks up!!

As for me, I'm still wallowing in sickness and slight depression...dreading the thought of the gym as I have that nasty village of mucus in my chest like in those mucinex commercials! Ew. Plus I have a ton of work to do. Life is feeling incredibly heavy lately, boyfriend and I got into a fight this morning and I know i need to end it but....but....but....at this point it feels like I am painfully prolonging this and it's not good for either of us. On the plus side, I ate under my points yesterday and actually enjoyed eating baby carrots (so sweet!).
Also I have therapy in a couple of hours and I don't wanna go. I don't wanna face all this stuff. I don't feeeeeeeel like it! I really do need to get those endorphins flowing.
Has anyone ever broken up with a live-in boyfriend and didn't have a place to move to, and so you ended up living together while broken up?
s
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #29  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

Howdy ho!

I haven't posted in here in a few days! Lots of catching up to do.

I weighed in today and was up 1.2 lbs from last week. That means my total for 2 weeks is 1.2. I am ok with that I guess. I did start TOM today and yesterday I ate more salt than normal and not as much water. I am trying to take it easy on myself.

My legs are still killing me from hiking. I am going to try yoga today for the first time (I hope!). I definately want to do something!

I didn't realize there are so many psychology people here! Craziness... Now I know where to come when I disagree with mine

nutrition junkie - welcome! I eat out a lot. It is rare that I cook, me and my friends are very social and I have a lot of work obligations. I try to start with the healthiest stuff first so that I'll get full on that. I'll also do research on types of restaurants and their calories, by now I know the points/calories for most foods, or at least a good estimate. Also drink more water than 64 oz. Eating out contains lots of salt so I drink more water to compensate.

artsnsmarts - Congrats on the loss! 1.5 during TOM is great!

lissa - does your hubby have a sleep disorder? those can be brutal.

shrinking lizzy - wow! it sounds like you have a lot going on! Good luck on the boyfriend thing, I wish I had words of advice or ideas. Have you ever taken mucinex? I love that stuff. Just take it slow on the cardio and make sure you breathe!
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:10 PM   #30  

shrinkinglizzy: I don't think your a know it all at all. I completely agreed with everything you said. I went back and read my post and it did sound like I was jumping to conclusions. I just read what she had typed, and thought, "oh sounds like symptoms of OCD to me." I agree that she should not label him, yet seek therapy for him instead. Btw, I am very glad I can help you get back on track. I know how it feels, once I eat fast food, it all goes down hill from there. I swear it is satan's food. I hope you everything gets better for you soon!

Slimmingdown: Don't let that gain get to you, definitely sounds like water weight to me. I bet you will see a bigger number next time