Old 02-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy It's me again :(

Hello ladies, it's me again. I almost feel ashamed, because I am sure some of you have read my story numerous times. My worst nightmare has come true. I have fallen off track and I am having the hardest time getting back on. I'll start with my story in case some of you don't remember me:

I am 22, a college student. I don't ever remember feeling skinny. Although, looking back at pics of me in high school, I would love to be that thin! I started college in 2004. I moved into the dorms, and was about 4 hours away from home. I made lots of new friends, none of which had healthy eating habits or a regular exercise routine. I had dieted throughout high school, and maintained a healthy weight, (even though I always wanted to be thinner). However, once I got to college I began to struggle, I picked up a few very bad habits (FAST FOOD). I am a firm believer that fast food is addicting--it is evil. Every once in a blue moon I would make it over to the gym. I had to set out my roomates gym clothes, actually put her shoes on for her, put her hair in a pony tail and DRAAAG her to the gym. I gained about 30 pounds in 2 years.

One christmas, I overheard my uncle say "casey's getting fat." It didn't really hurt my feelings as much as it made me determined to lose the weight. My highest weight was around 190. I lost about 25 in the summer of 2006, by taking phen phen. It is something that I am not proud of, and I wish I could go back and slap myself for doing it. Even though, I lost the weight, my hair began to fall out, I didn't have my period for about 6 months, and I was too week to do anything. I got up, went to work, came home and locked myself in my room until the next morning. I think this was a very low time in my life. My boyfriend was 4 hours away, my best friend moved to new orleans, and my 2 other best friends dropped out of college and were not speaking to me at the time. This is the summer, I decided to transfer schools and move back home. Although, I miss having my own place and being independent, I have never once regretted this decision.

As soon as I move back home, a weight was lifted from my shoulders, and I made the decision to change my lifestyle. I had already gained about 15 pounds back from the "phen phen loss." So my starting weight was about 180. About a year later (this past fall) I was down to 160. Since then, I have been yo yoing between 155 and 163.

Throughout this entire journey, I have had a fear that I would fall off track and never reach my goal. I am determined to not let this fear come true, but I am having the hardest time. This is my final semester of college, and I attribute a lot of this stress. However, I KNOW I would have more energy and less stress if I would eat right and exercise everyday.

I try to remind myself of how amazing I felt when I was losing the weight. I honestly felt like I was on top of the world, and my confidence was through the roof. I loved the comments I got from other people, and for the first time in a long time, I loved the way I looked in the mirror. Now, even though, I have not gained the weight back, I feel fat again. I feel like I never lost the weight, and I am no longer proud of how I look. This brings me to tears. I know I am in charge of what I put in my mouth, and I know I am in charge of getting on that treadmill, but for some reason, I have lost motivation. But, I want this SO bad.

I graduate May 3. I would LOVE to be at or, very close to goal by then. I have about 20 pounds to go. If anything, I just want to feel healthy again. I want to be proud of myself again, and I don't want to feel like food controls me anymore. The weekend of graduation, we are renting a lakehouse, and a group of my friends and I are going to spend a few days at the lake. I am really looking forward to it. And I am really hoping to be back on track.

I plan to start today. I'm going to get back on track with food today, and I am going to get back on the treadmill. Weather will be warming up soon, and I will be able to walk at the park (this makes exercise EASY for me.)

I will be suprised if everyone reads this, this was a huge post, but I really needed to vent. It helps me. When I was losing the weight, this forum helped me tremendously. However, I'm finding it very hard to keep up with. I'm a very busy girl this semester. I'm going to try to get back in the habit of writing on the weekely chat. I just feel guilty when I can't reply to EVERYONE. I know you girls understand though. If you read this, thanks for listening, it feels good to get this stuff out of my system, and to be able to vent to girls that understand.

Here's to starting over.

I thought I'd go ahead and post my before and during pics for you girls. I hope the after pics aren't very far down the road!

This is the christmas that my uncle made the comment. I was around 190:

The night I found this website, I took before pics, I was around 180:

Me at about 159, I have been yo yoing between 155 and 163 since these pics, and I have lost some of the definition:

My bra was too big, lol, I lost a lot of boobage

After pic of my face, and my wonderful bf:
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #2  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Welcome back!

(Look...your subject title is my name! I'm on my third round of 3fc.)

I don't think anyone expects you to reply to EVERYONE here! Just come in the weekly chat and make a couple of replies when you find something you want to reply to, and then say a little about how you're doing. I sure won't be offended.
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Height: 5'9"

Aw, honey. I'm sorry you're back but I'm glad you're here!!!! I have reached my goal weight before and I am determined to reach it again.

Here's to starting over, getting healthy, and keeping ourselves motivated through 3fc!
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #4  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey casey I remember you Welcome back.

I remember seeing your pictures and thinking how pretty you are. I wish I was your weight LOL. Good luck, and stay strong!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there Welcome back!

I think you're gorgeous! Jump back on the horse & keep posting regardless of what happens!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/202.5/145

Height: 5'5

Just curious... I was wonder what phen phen? Kinda made me think for a minute. Because I'm taking a prescription medication called adipex (phentremine). Is that what you are refering to?
nharden1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Hi again. I think you look fabulous, and I'm sory you overheard your uncle. I have an aunt who has said to my face similar things.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:29 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nharden1984 View Post
Just curious... I was wonder what phen phen? Kinda made me think for a minute. Because I'm taking a prescription medication called adipex (phentremine). Is that what you are refering to?
Yes, phentermine is what I was referring to.
It wasn't prescribed through my doctor (he wouldn't give me diet pills.) So I got it off of a website.
Just be careful. I obviously wasn't getting the nutrients I needed when i was taking it.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 207/202.5/145

Height: 5'5

Thats kinda scary! I mean I'm very desperate to "release" the weight and keep it off. But the side effects you describe are just unreal. And to think that I could gain all of it back, kinda depressing.
nharden1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nharden1984 View Post
Thats kinda scary! I mean I'm very desperate to "release" the weight and keep it off. But the side effects you describe are just unreal. And to think that I could gain all of it back, kinda depressing.
I don't mean to discourage you. I, personally have sworn off diet pills. I'm not saying you should do the same, but be very careful. You may do fine on this pill, and I hope you do. I just don't think I was in the right frame of mind for it. I was eating under 1000 calories a day, and paying no attention to my nutritional intake. I lost 25 pounds in a month, which is probably why I gained it all back.

If your doctor has approved it, then I don't see anything wrong with it. Just be careful, be sure to get all of your nutrients and stay active.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #11  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

WELCOME BACK!
My grandma said these words right to my face, "you lost all that weight and now you just gained it all back!"
It was so painful, Yet when I was healthy, she never told me how good I look. =(
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #12  

Thank you for all of the welcome backs/words of encouragement/compliments. I love hearing from you girls.

Redlight/vixjean: It's hard hearing these things from the people we love. I think it is important to not let it get to us, and use them for motivation. That's what I did. I was down 20 pounds by the time this christmas rolled around, and the uncle that made the comment wasn't even there to see it!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #13  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

hey casey

I remember you. Always liked reading your posts.

Welcome back!
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

hey casey, i don't remember seeing you before but welcome back! i'm 27 now but your story sounded very familiar (minus the phehfen). weight conscious forever, successful dieting through high school, then bam, college hit and so did a compulsive eating problem. I'm still struggling with that.
anyway, i really hope you find success here!
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote