Old 02-20-2008, 06:42 PM   #1  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 169/158/130

Height: 5'6

Default How rude. (long, sorry)

I've been posting here on and off for a month now, and just realized I never introduced myself. Probably because I've been lurking for quite a while (Aug. 2007) I just felt like I new everyone, but it was still rude.

I’ve got down to my goal before (for my wedding, excellent motivation and why it is my avatar pic). That was 2 years ago and then I put on 15lbs. of post wedding bliss in about a year. Then we got preggers and I had a miscarriage at 16 weeks and the put on another 15lbs of depression weight. On day, a long, long time ago (Aug ’07) I hopped on the scale and it said 169! I decided that there was no way I was going to get up to 170 so I started there.

I started eating better, and stopped eating out so often. There were so many times that I would stop on my way home from work and get a Whopper, no mayo (yeah cuz that makes it better) and then go home and make dinner, and eat it like nothing happened.

I lost 10 lbs in 2 months…but now I’ve slowed down to about 2 lbs a month loss. I think I’ve lost all that I can without exercise and need to get my butt to the YMCA that I signed my DH and I up for.

You guys have been great and don’t even know it. Now you do.

Thanks, Niclyn
niclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Then a very belated "" to you!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #3  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

'There were so many times that I would stop on my way home from work and get a Whopper, no mayo (yeah cuz that makes it better) and then go home and make dinner, and eat it like nothing happened.'

I hear ya, and that is really the truth, just admitting what WE ARE DOING WRONG, admitting it to ourselves is so important.

Thanks for jumping in, we need ya

Last edited by vixjean; 02-20-2008 at 09:06 PM.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

Thanks for sharing your story. I am very sorry to hear of your loss. :hugs:

Can't wait to see you along your wl journey!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey...I have seen you around! Nice to meet you...finally...haha!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #6  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

Very nice to meet you and hugs for your loss.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! Stick around. I think this forum is so great and very motivational.
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:11 AM   #8  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

ive done that get the whopper but ive gotten extra mayo hence how i got up to 372 lol
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #9  
Working my way back

Thanks guys...I feel so welcome.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #10  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Welcome...welcome...

I must say you look stunning in your wedding avatar.

I am so sorry for your loss.

17 lbs is GREAT - keep up the great work!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, welcome, welcome! You sound so much like me! I would do just as you did, stop on my way home and buy something like McDonalds, maybe pass on the french fries...and think I was doing myself good by saying no to the fries. Haha, yeah right! I also was on the same boat as far as weight. One day, I stepped on that scale and saw 167 (a number I had never EVER seen before) and I became enraged that I let myself get there. Mine was also depression weight. Not from the same situation, but depression weight nonetheless. My dinners usually consisted of McDonalds, followed by a trip to the local ice cream parlor for a pint of ice cream. I'd take it home so I could eat it while I sulked, and it was pathetic. Luckily, I decided to change that all and I had the same goal as you too; 130 pounds. Also, I'm getting married this upcoming June; I'm hoping to maintain my goal weight by the time that day rolls around so I look as fabulous as I feel!

It's nice to meet someone on hear in a similar age range and with similar goals! I hope you stick around and we become a part of your weight loss regime. I know this site helped me immensely; honestly I don't think I'd have lost the weight without the support and advice of the members here! I know you've been here for a while (longer than me,...so I'm actually the "newer" member between us), but it's nice to have a formal introduction and welcome. So, I wish you luck! (And you look amazing in your wedding photo!) And keep us updated on your progress!
leanmoomercows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #12  
Working my way back

lovinlifex2-

leanmoomercows- wow, your like my weight loss twin, except you've already made it.....that gives me lots of hope.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #13  
Ready to get to my goal!

S/C/G: 221/172/130

Height: 5'5

isn't it funny how you motivate yourself so hard for a wedding... and then get happy and gain it back (and maybe some friends?!)

I lost like 20+ lbs in the months before the wedding and than BAM gained it all back.... it's funny i didn't even notice. part of this was because i had a horrible infection in my intestines in the summer, and the drugs made me gain about 20 lbs (in less than 2 weeks! ) However, back to motivation!!!

Good luck to you nic! as a fellow wisconsiner (who lives in indy now) i wish you all the best!
chubbywifeyIN is offline   Reply With Quote