Old 02-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #1  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Height: 5'9"

Question Water intake question (yeah, another one...)

I have yet another question about my water intake. I have been drinking at least 80 oz a day, so I have definitely been getting my recommended amount. My question is this: is it okay that I am drinking my entire day's amount during the 8 hour period I am at work? I literally drink water almost constantly during the day, then I am usually not thirsty enough to pick up the bottle at all when I'm home. As I mentioned before, I'm drinking enough water, I'm just wondering if there's a benefit to spreading it out over the day to drinking it only from morning until late afternoon?

There may not be an answer to this question. I'm aware of the condition of water intoxication, but I'm not consuming gallons of water in extremely short periods of time, so that isn't a concern. I will just start spreading it out more if someone can point to the pros/cons of doing so!? Thanks!
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I chug some water first thing in the morning, drink a TON while at aowkr and usually don't have more than a glass after the gym/before bed. So I am with you there, I think it's alright for the most part. I'm interested to hear what other people have to say though...
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

I don't see any reason why not. Some doctors recommend stopping water intake after dinner, to reduce chances of losing sleep because you need to pee in the middle of the night.
coldbrightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I think as long as you're not chugging it all at once, you're fine. I do the same thing--I drink at least 3 liters of water while at work (8 hours), but I almost never drink water at home (V8 in the morning and diet ginger ale in the evening).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I asked this question in the support forum not too long ago, during one of their discussions about water. General consensus seemed to be that:
1) It's better than drinking too little water;
2) It's not going to do you any harm; and
3) It's probably minimally better to drink consistently throughout the day because you'd be constantly flushed out.

But none of these reasons are strong enough to make you change if you're happy in your current routine. I'd say more power to you for drinking your 80oz, whenever you may manage to get them in. I'm exactly the same way.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

I drink the vast majority of my water during those 8 hours at work, no problems thus far!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #7  
Catherine

S/C/G: 446/389/200

Height: 6'2

Interesting. I've been wondering about that too.

I've been averaging 1L in the morning, another in the afternoon, and one at night, with a glass or two in between. I might change that though and not have any at night, with the mentioned "OMG I have to pee at 2am" happening to me

Currently, since I'm only a week into drinking all this water, and it takes me awhile to get into the swing of it..I find it easier to drink it all at once from my bottle. Like, I'll down 1L in about 20-30 minutes and leave it at that for awhile. I dunno if thats great to do either, but its working for me so far
BrokenButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I drink a few glasses when I get up and then another 1.25 litres at work...plus a few cups of tea and then another litre when I get home throughout the evening. Sometimes more or less depending on how much I have done at the gym that evening.

I do wonder sometimes whether its possible to drink toooo much :P but I have never had any problems. My skin is actually even better than ever and my stomach flatter from being flushed all the time. I thought I might retain or bloat but not at all!

The only thing I can't do is drink water while running or doing hard exercise or drink just before such events as I cramp up. =(
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote