Old 02-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #1  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Default Need to vent

Hey Ya'll....alrite...I need to put this in writing to get it off of my chest and then be done with it.

I was with this guy for 2 and 1/2 years and our relationship finally ended this weekend. It has been on a slow slippery slope for quite sometime...coming to the huge let down at Christmas...didn't see him or get a call from him..much less a card/gift...i got four...count 'em four text messages from him. He spent the holiday with his daughter....whom I never met during our relationship. He also couldn't see my frustration in him not introducing his daughter to me. It was a very odd situation and a highly frustrating situation. It baffles me as to why I stayed in the relatinship sooooo long when I knew I needed to get out. It's odd because for the last few months i was giving it the benefit of the doubt and hoping that it would turn around, but knew in my heart that it wouldn't. Come on now...this guy didn't even have a steady job!! I know what I deserve and know how I want to be treated and this guy was none of it...so why in the HECK did I put up with it for this long????? I think that's the part that really gets me. I came back to my house after being gone for the weekend....during which time we sent text messages back and forth with him putting me down in any way he could while I was out having a great time with my friends. It ended with me asking him, again, to get his things out of my house by the time I got home today. We'd been through that before and every time all of his things were still here. Well...when I came home today everything of his was gone...only thing left behind was a very hostile note. I simply don't understand. I bent over backwards for this guy, did everything in my power to help him....but I couldn't find the backbone to stand up for myself until now. And even now, I'm a little sad that it's over. I know it's for the best and I know it needed to happen...but now that it's happened it hurts a little more in some ways and a little less in others.

Okay...now that that is off my chest....sorry it was long...but I needed to get it all out!!!

Thanks for listening!
mandyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #2  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Yea...I didn't explain that very well...lol...as you can probably tell my thoughts are kinda scrambled right now!!
mandyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #3  
for your health!

Height: 5'1"

Oh, I have been there!! It really hurts at first, but you are sooo much better off without him. I knew something was wrong when my ex didn't allow me to meet his daughter, but I was so in love with him that I pushed away any type of weird feelings I was having about it. I found out a few months later that he was still married to his wife, yet not living with her. It was sooo weird. And even years later, I found out he was STILL married! We definitely do not need men like these in our lives! Don't feel bad about not doing it sooner - love can make us blind! You sound like a strong person and deserve so much better!
punchthekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 318/300/190

::HUGS::

Any breakup is hard, regardless of the fact that you ''know'' it's the right thing. If only the heart and the mind always agreed, it make it much easier. It sounds like you know you made the choice that was best for you. I know this is cliche, but time really does heal all wounds. Hang in there. Focus on yourself, instead of him!
JourneytoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #5  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

don't beat yourself up about it. You can do much better than some guy who didnt even let you meet his daughter. In fact, that sounds kind of shady to me...r u sure there wasn't something going on there???
and you're allowed to feel a bit sad about it --you were with him for 2 years. Its hard to let go. That's expected. but please know that you will do better without him. You don't need him. Im sure everything happens for a reason, and in the end you'll find someone much better for you .
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #6  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

I've kind of been there too. I lived with this guy from venezuela. He was my boyfriend at the time and towards the end he started treating me really bad. I couldn't have friends of my own unless they were his friends. I couldn't go out, I had to report to him about everything. He really treated me like crap. Then one night he even held a gun up to my neck. I was so low to the ground that I even just told him to pull the trigger, I didn't care, I wasn't scared of him. He put the gun down and walked away. later that week, I packed my stuff up and left. we got in touch with each other again and about a month later, I found out he was still married to a lady back in venezuela with his son and that she was coming that summer to live with him. I did everything for him and that's what I got in return?! Trust me, it's for the better. Everything will be ok. I'm in a better spot now then when I was with him. I've got a wonderful husband and 4 beautiful children. pick your head up and smile, it'll be ok. you'll find one that is perfect for you.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #7  
BeerGardenGirl

S/C/G: 235/<a href="http://www235/115

Height: 5' 2"

Good for you! Life is too short to waste on people who aren't positive influences in our life.
Robin Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

I agree with Robin Lynn. Sounds like you made the best possible decision in the situation. Good for you
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #9  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

I know it is hard when our head doesn't always agree with our heart. It sounds like you did everything you could to make an honest go of the relationship so you have NOTHING to feel bad about. It appears that he may have had some issues.

Hang in there honey...
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #10  
loving life

S/C/G: 160/156/135

Height: 5'3''

he clearly haven't decided to fully incorporate you into his life. why should you? it's a good time to dig yourself out and move on!

good luck!

lbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote