Old 02-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #1  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Default OT - any Grad School hopefuls?

Hi, sorry this is OT, and may be a shot in the dark, but is anyone else applying to grad school this year?

My apps are done, and now I have to wait to hear back and its killing me! I swear every time my phone rings I think its a school calling for an interview or to let me know I'm in. I must check my email 6 times a day, and nothing.....

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Huh, who knew cyberscreaming releaved pressure?)

OK, anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone else was playing the waiting game too.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 318/300/190

Height: 5'11

Not quite there, yet. I have two semesters to go. I can't imagine the anxiety! Hang in there, though! My fingers are crossed for you!

Exercise always helps me when I'm feeling anxious
JourneytoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

I was there 3 years ago (for my masters) and again last summer (for my PhD) I know how stressful it is! I took checked my e-mail and phone compulsively. Heres hoping you get your top choice!!

By the way what’s your major?
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #4  
Just keep moving ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella13 View Post
By the way what’s your major?
Econ and Public Policy - small programs, competitives schools...Grrrrr...

Eh, still no offers. I'll wait 5 minutes then check again
Old 02-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Two years ago that was me for law school. Waiting to hear a reply. I didn't get into a school I actually wanted to go to until Mid May.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #6  
ur gettin' schooled, son.

S/C/G: 164/157/143

Height: 5'7"

I kind of do and kind of don't want to do grad school. I don't want to take the GMAT, and I do too because I get to go back to school! I would apply to schools in this area like Stanford, Berkeley and Santa Clara. Dunno about getting in, though! =X
Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

A two years ago I was waiting to hear back from a couple of grad schools. I would have checked compulsively, but I was in central america living a a village with no phone, electricity, or running water. But everytime I'd make the 2.5 mile journey (one way) to the nearest phone the first thing I'd ask my parents is "DID I GET IN!?!" The answer ended up being no, but looking back I never really wanted to get in. I'd applied coz its what I felt like I should do not what I wanted to do.

I do remember checking my email obsessively while waiting for my LSAT scores. They arrived on my bday. (Good but not what I'd hoped for) Life is cruel sometimes....

I'll be applying for some programms for fall 2009, so I'll be in your position this time next year...

Last edited by shantroy; 02-08-2008 at 05:45 PM.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

I just finished applying to an accelerated nursing program. I really, really want to get in but there are hundreds of people applying for 36 spots. So I'm forcing myself to assume that I won't be accepted. We'll see!

Good luck!!
coldbrightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:27 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

ive been there with law school! good luck!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

I applied for my master's two years ago... Like shantroy, looking back I feel like I did it because it was just the thing to do, not because I really wanted it. I'm graduating this term and will be SO relieved to be done with it!!

But yes, I remember applying and being stressed out around now. Turns out the school I wanted to go to was the last person to reply back (I got in ).
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #11  
Just keep moving ...

I'm glad I'm not alone in this - thanks all!

The freakiest thing is that there are actually web-forums where people post their acceptances and rejections, kinda like a tally (program, accept/reject, date). If I could just track down the person who posted that they got an interview at one of my programs and , er, I mean, ASK them about it (tee hee).

Oh well, I'm off to see if maybe by some miracle my answering machine at home has an important message for me!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

I applied a few places for linguistics and anthropology, was terribly stressed out running around asking for letters of recommendation, hated writing the essays, etc. and now i'm sweating over whether or not i'll get in. Argh.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #13  

I was in your shoes last year-the anxiety was awful! I got an email from one of my professors-who also happened to be the chair for the grad program (I stayed at the same school as my undergrad) that told me I had been accepted-I still have it in my email in box! I just applied for an assistanceship for next year, hopefully I'll get to hear something on that soon too-I'll be checking my email right along with you! Good luck-I'll be crossing my fingers for you!
Sister of the groom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #14  

Default I understand the feeling

I just applied to two different grad schools, one in North Carolina and one in California. The waiting is crazy, and I don't think I could handle the stress if I applied to anymore schools. Film school for screenwriting-very competitive!!! Would love to get into the school in California, just so far away from home. haha!

Good luck to ya!
fieldstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I finished applying, but I only applied to my top school because in a way I need a break. I don't really have my hopes set too high for getting in and honestly I think I'd be completely shocked if I did.
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote