Old 01-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Default 1/31 Daily Kid's Table Chat

Hehe, y'all like that? Kid's table? Cuz we're kinda the youngins around here? More important, I went with the Daily again (even though I actually voted weekly) just to be sure everyone who wanted a chance to vote gets that chance. I didn't want to be exclusionary of those who haven't been around for a few days! IMHO, it seems fair to give it the week and then re-assess on Sunday.
On that note, here's the poll link: VOTE HERE!

So, my scale's back up to 143. Jelbb, I think I answered your question about ticker changing, and now you know why I'm hesitant to change mine. I was hoping that I'd be to my Jan goal (140) by tomorrow, but it ain't looking too good. I have a big workout planned for today, but my hopes are looooooooow.

Oh and I think someone brought up poops yesterday -- yeah, I used to poop more. I like to blame my clogged up bowels for my weight fluctuations sometimes, like today. My weight didn't go up, I just didn't poop enough!! On that note, I actually considered clipping my toenails and getting back on the scale -- maybe that would knock off a few ounces.

Have a wonderful day, all!!

S

Last edited by shrinkinglizzy; 01-31-2008 at 08:38 AM.
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:30 AM   #2  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Lizette:
That is the coolest middle name ever, lol. Your parents are unique!!
LOL. Omigosh. The toenails. Yes. DAMN good call.
I know what you mean, I tend to leave some space because I hate changing my ticker to a lower number only to have it bounce back up... it's really depressing.
Also, I very much like the kid's table discussion.

Yesitsmeagain:
Thanks for the suggestions sweetie! We came up with a much more rude and bad-taste kind of costume for me, but I'm too worried it will offend people to post it in public, so I'm not gonna, lol.

Bronwyn:
Thanks for the suggestions sweetie (and the ill wishes towards my competition. ), I think I might be able to keep things in check today, I'm just gonna be really AWARE of where I'm getting all my calories, you know? I find that if I keep my breakfast pretty low-cal, I can keep the rest of the day in check no problem. *HUG*

Amanda:
Oooh, yes... the one sacrifice that I make in going to an "exclusively women's" gym is not having male eye-candy...
Skydiving! Whoa-ho. Good luck dude, I always wished I had the guts for something like that...

So... guess who weighed in at one-sixty-THREE this morning?? I nearly fainted, seriously. In my first year of university I started dating this guy, and totally let myself go... and I went from my high school "fat" weight.. (137-8 lbs...) and ballooned right up to 161-163. Then, that summer, my weight dropped down to 144. Anyhow, it's just nice to be at a number that I recognize for a specific time period!

But yeah, Sonja, I'm not gonna change it quite yet tho. 163 is way too good to be true/permanent.

Omigosh, but if it is, I'm officially only two lbs from my mini goal!!!!

Last edited by Jelbb; 01-31-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Yay Jess!!! You're doing so well!!

Argh your reference to your job search just reminded me of all the things I need to be doing right now. Off I go...
Oh, and I friggin spelled my own middle name wrong! It's actually with an S -- Lisette. It's a mistake I used to make when I was really little, esp bc I liked the idea of having a Z in my name. But, I don't have a Z in my name. I'm OK with that now. Yeah I think my parent's did do pretty well with the creative yet classic names!! Thanks!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:05 AM   #4  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Haha, wow this is like the shortest I've seen the thread all week.

jess 163?! Nice, even if you aren't gonna change that ticker any time soon, what a nice number to see.

lizzy Ah, that's too bad about the scale. But it's the end of January already? Jeese, time flies! I spell my name wrong all the time. Both my names have a ----yn in them, only my last name also has an e at the end. Sometimes I add the e onto my first name, and some times I leave it off my last name...

I am so fricking tired. I just want to sleep. I'm totally having a nap today when I get home. I'm looking forward to that hard core.

I was totally the person who brought up poop, because I am totally constapated lately. Embarrassing to admit, but it's the weirdest thing. On the other hand, I haven't really felt like my metabolism is working very well, like I just don't feel hungry a lot (hasn't stopped me eating though... go figure) and I'm thinking it's just not functioning, so it's not, you know... moving everything along... I think I'll go google it.

enough about the poop!

I'm still so stoked about my tree planting gig. I'm looking forward to summer so much now. But not nearly as much as I'm looking forward to this weekend. For real, this has been a bust week. It's felt lazy and pretty useless....Very unproductive.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:25 AM   #5  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Lizz- my scale is also hovering around 143-144! I predict it will do that for another week, and then drop to 142. The last pounds are always the hardest.

I'm going to a "passion party" this weekend. Has anyone been to one before? It's being hosted by a girl from my work, and she sent out an invitation email to everyone in our department including our much older male bosses....lol, I don't think I would have done that. Hopefully they won't be there. I am making some triple vanilla cupcakes for it though- my strategy is to make them the afternoon before the party to minimize the amount I can eat before I get there (and also by giving some to my bf).
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:25 AM   #6  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I agree about the poop-thing... I thought when I started eating healthier with more fruits and veggies and whole grains I would be as regular as they come! But I sometimes go a couple days without going!!! And it sucks b/c I know it's in there somewhere and, god forbid, I actually go BEFORE my official weigh in date (2 weeks in a row it's happened the day after! shucks!)

Ah well----- I'm certainly getting enough fiber and drinking enough water to wash everything through.... maybe my body is just so used to all the grease and horribleness lubricating everything before the diet that it's just confused.

I haven't been to a passion party and although I'm a VERY open person when it comes to discussing sexuality matters, I just couldn't do it with strangers or people I don't know very well. Maybe if I had one for my sister's bachelorette party with her girlfriends and my sisters all together.. but not with COWORKERS for goodness sakes! lol

I couldn't look at them the same if we just spend 4 hours the night before talking about d*ldos!

Last edited by BrandNewJen; 01-31-2008 at 10:27 AM.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 AM   #7  
Losing Weight in 2008

S/C/G: 160/See Ticker/130

Jess - You go girl! I feel ya on the ticker. I hate changing it because everytime I do, the scale goes up for a few days and it's SO depressing having to change it back.

Lizzy- I like the kids' table, that's cute! Sorry about the scale! Clip those toe nails, weigh completely nude, I even take my glasses off! Lol! Whatever it takes!

Cats' tongue - I feel ya on the BMs. I dunno what's wrong, my body is the same way. I thought it was because I haven't been drinking coffee, because coffee used to make me go, but honestly, this can't be normal... I also feel ya on the sleep. I'm taking the day off tomorrow, it's supposed to be really rainy and nasty, so I should sleep like a log!

I was bad yesterday... I ate Chick Fil A for dinner. My excuse is that I am PMSing so bad, and I needed to eat something so I could take pain medicine, but really I could've just went home and made a turkey sandwich. I didn't work out, I just laid on the couch and caught up on American Idol and Oprah... I LOVE my DVR. Tonight I have strength class at church, so I will definitely be working out. And I will eat a home made meal. I'm just going to put on my big girl panties and get back at it!
Sharron616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #8  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Jelbb - I love my gym just to stare at the men...seriously though...and I know in reality, that sounds lame...but they keep me going...especially when one is running next to me...it gives me competition and let's me show them that I'm just as good...although most of the men at my gym are not those "bulky beefy idiot types" or so I hope...I mean, some are...but at the hour I work out...I think I have the nicer onces...beauty and brains?

Lizzie - scales suck...we all know that...but they are in fact a huge part of our lives...I think I'll name mine....John....because who doesn't want to have a sick fantasy about a "Dear John"....and then we all know how those "Dear John's" end up...with bad break ups....but I'm aiming for a good marriage to my Dear John this time around....okay...where exactly my brain just went...I'm not sure...

Cat's Tongue - you are lucky you don't live around me (and probably all of you are) - but I love to discuss poop...I know, sick me again...but seriously...I feel so fabulous afterwards...I can't help myself. I am very regular - probably too much so - at least once if not twice a day...but I always get over 25 grams (closer to 40-50 grams these days) of Fiber in and drink 8-10 glasses of water plus some other drinks each day...those are key for me.

Yesitsme - passionparty? I've heard of them...and I actually wouldn't mind going...but seriously..I hear there are demo's at them?? I mean..not crazy ones...but..you know...I don't know...while I don't mind discussing with my girlfriends...I'm not so sure how I'd be with a bunch of co-workers...eek!

As far as how I weigh myself - I do it daily - if the scale goes down, I record...if it doesn't....unless I did something terrible - which hasn't happened since I started in late September...then I just leave it at the lower weight...I know due to water/sodium intake (and or the rare but it does happen to me..buildup of poo) will cause the scale to read differently...higher...but to me, my true weight is the low...which today finally made a move to 178 after a week at 179..yay me! In any case...I'm going to lunch with a friend at noon...so it will probably read 179 tomorrow...but I'm sticking with 178 until I see 177....that probably isn't the way most of you do it...but it works for me and keeps me positive

Skydiving - yep...I am crazy...hopefully no bad weather keeps me from it...that would SUCK if I had to report back that I didn't get to do it...boo hoo!

~Amanda
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:45 AM   #9  
Losing Weight in 2008

Jenn- That's what I thought! Fruits, veggies, whole grains! What's the deal? I don't get it! And Passion Parties- WOO! My sister and BFF threw me one for my bachelorette party and my mom and aunts were there and WOW. My face was bright red the whole time. And then my mom comes out of the ordering room with a giant bag... OMG! I didn't know what to think... I didn't want to know! I could NEVER do it with coworkers if I was that embarassed with my mom!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #10  
Losing Weight in 2008

Amanda- I am soooo jealous! Twice a day? Wow! Maybe one day...
Old 01-31-2008, 11:12 AM   #11  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Haha Sharron - I definitely can't complain...
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

jess - good job!

lizzy - i let out all the air in my lungs before i weigh. air weighs somehting right? lol

ive been to a passion party before hehe theyre fun!

im just keeping on keeping on. nothing really new to report.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hey all!

The poop discussion is funny. It reminds me of when I was volunteering in Costa Rica. Every morning we would have to report where we were on the "POO SCALE" 1= it's all liquid, don't stand in my way if I'm running for the out house..... 5-6 was perfect, you wanted to be a 5! 10 = it aint going no where. Every morning over breakfast we'd sit down and eat breaky and discuss where on the Poo Scale we were. Wonderful breakfast coversation. And considering you'd never met these people before, it was a **** of an introduction to each other! Unfortunately there was one guy in our group who consistantly was a -2 on the poo scale. Poor guy.

I wasn't able to pop in yesterday, coz I was on the road for work. When I got home I pretty much had a nap then went out for dinner and to the hockey game. So no trip to the gym either, which is probably a good thing b/c I'm pretty sure I've got a nasty case of shin splints. A couple days off is probably a good thing. Sigh, I do have a session with my trainer tonight, though. Hopefully, it will be alrigth. Maybe, I'll just get him to do a wicked ab and arm session.

So, my bf's been have a pretty crappy couple of days, just really stressed about work and his boss and his bad back has been acting up. So I wanted to surprise him with something sweet. I bought a really cute card and a small bottle of his favourite scotch. I also stopped by this cupcake place to pick up a cupcake for him. (Not sure that scotch and cupcakes really go together, but hey it's the thought that counts...right?) I wanted the girl to put the cupcake in their cute blue gift boxes. Well, while she was putting the cupcake into the box she smushed the icing so she got a new one, and she did it again! Finally, on the 3rd try she got the cupcake in the box. Well, she gave me the two damaged cupcakes free of charge. Now the last thing I need is two of these delicious cupcakes sitting in my fridge! So I gave 2 to my bf two and kept one, which we're going to split tonight. It's gonna to be a 70-30 spilt, though...

I've been to a passion party too, tons of fun. I had the most fun watching the squemish guys pass around the sex toys. That made my night.... Didn't buy anything though. My friend is going to through one in the spring, hopefully it will be just as much fun.

Be back later!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:59 PM   #14  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/130ish

Height: 4'11"

Hey guys! Just wanted to check in real quick. I haven't weighed myself recently.. I have a feeling it hasn't gone down so I don't want to disappoint myself. LOL I had a good workout yesturday (that sounds so weird for ME to say) But ya I was on treadmill for 45 MINUTES- holy cow! Then lifted weights for IDK half an hr. I felt good. I didn't do anything on Tuesday so I kind of felt bad about that. I'm going on my "hike" this weekend I hope if it doesn't rain. What I mean by hike is just taking some trails through the hills or whatever. It's not hiking but it sure feels like it! I hope it doesn't rain until AFTER my little adventure. LOL

Love the new name!!!

Oh ya! i've been to a passion party. i went with my mom. It was fun- but it was kinda weird to have my mom there. We both ordered stuff though! Would love to do it again with just friends next time!

Last edited by Shorty1985; 01-31-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Shorty1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

yesitsmeagain: Oh my gosh! I LOVE passion parties! They have this shave cream that I ADORE!! It's unisex so my dh used it for his face until I bought him some shave creme from the body shop since I get a 25% discount. But yea, it's so totally time for me to have another party. I've had 2 so far and she keeps trying to get me to sell it. Ah well...I opted for another company and now I regret it. I don't make anything and haven't had a party scheduled in about 3 months...
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote