Old 01-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #1  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

Default Hi, I'm Heather and I'm a caffeine-aholic.

It's true, and I know that it's so very bad for me. But unfortunately I need it to keep me going with the schedule I have.

I currently drink diet soda and it's likes to try to get my caffeine in, but I honestly miss my good 'ole fashioned Rockstars etc.

Anyone have any suggestions on (good tasting) drinks or any tricks to help me keep my energy with a 18-19 hour day??

Thanks!
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #2  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Height: 5'9"

Rockstar and Redbull both have sugar-free versions, and both are pretty good. Can get kinda expensive though.
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #3  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Do you know how they taste?? I love the tart flavor of the ohhh soo sinful energy drinks.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Sugar free redbull tastes, according to my partner (I'm so caffeine sensitive that if I ever DID drink a Rockstar, I'd be up for 4 days straight, twitching in the corner...lol), like regular redbull (much like Diet Cokes approximates regular coke).

Caffeine in moderation isn't necessarily a bad thing...I couldn't do without my jolt in the morning, though I'd be pretty wired if I had any after noon.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:34 PM   #5  
Vegan from Planet Vega

I'll definately look into the Redbull then.

Does anyone have any experience with the sugar free Rock Star?? I prefer Rock Star over Redbull (but Redbull is totally do-able).
Old 01-25-2008, 09:39 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I just Googled a bit for reviews...most places say diet Rockstar tastes the same, but a bit more tart and with a little artificial sweetener aftertaste.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #7  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Mmmmm tart. *drools*

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 403/250/150

Height: 5'8"

I know how you feel, although switching from regular soda to diet was my hardest problem. I never drank energy drinks because I heard they were really bad for your heart. Currently I'm going crazy because my boyfriend is at work and all our money is on his debit card. I want diet pepsi! lol Its been my experience that all diet drinks don't taste as good as the full flavor BUT you can get used to it. I've been drink diet pepsi now for a few years and I actually prefer it. I had a sip of regular pepsi the other day and it tasted so syrupy to me that it was actually nasty lol So yeah, the only thing I could suggest is drinking the diet varity and it might not taste as good but you can definantly get used to it.
violaholladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #9  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi i am addicted too, pretty bad,
i saw an episode of 'the truth about food'
they were studying coffee addiction,
one person withdrew from coffee and one did not.

The person that went threw withdrawl, was pretty bad, but after 7 days, they were back to normal WITHOUT THE COFFEE, and was functioning just as well and steady and productive as they were the week before with the coffee.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:48 PM   #10  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Violaholladay: Thanks I actually do like Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper (What kind of Texas girl doesn't drink a Dr. Pepper product ). Yeah, soda gives me SOME caffeine, but I'm a sucker for the sugary, caffeine ridden, tart flavored goodness that is an energy drink

It's ridiculous that my mouth is watering just thinking about one.

'Tis sad lol
Old 01-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #11  
Vegan from Planet Vega

vixjean:If I were on my normal functioning day...one where I got 6-8 hours of sleep and worked, or just went to school, I wouldn't need it. I find on the days that I work and go to school that I'm extremely tired because I start my day at four pm and it ends at noon the next day.

That's the only reason I feel I need caffeine. On my "normal" days, I do just fine without it
Old 01-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I don't know what kind of plan you are on, but I found that after a week without refined carbs I only needed 2 cups of coffee a day instead of 5 or 6 and now I only have one in the morning and a decaf for fun in the afternoon. I have wayyy more energy than I ever imagined. The sugar really drags us down. Hope you can find a tasty substitute soon.

Last edited by missy3gal; 01-25-2008 at 10:23 PM.
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:31 PM   #13  
Vegan from Planet Vega

I'm doing Weight Watchers Flex plan. I just looked up the sugar free Rockstar and it's 0 for the entire can...unless I'm calculating wrong. But a 16oz can only has 20 calories...I'm not sure..:-/
Old 01-26-2008, 02:10 AM   #14  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Height: 5'9"

you're right... 0 calories. i would try it. in convenience stores and or/drug stores (a la walgreens) they're about 2.75 each, but you can find them cheaper. i enjoy sugar free rockstars. they definitely do have a caffeine kick.
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:23 AM   #15  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Great! I definately need a caffeine boost. What about the taste?? It's it really how they say it is?