Old 01-14-2008, 08:23 PM   #1  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Unhappy i feel so ashamed

Today i did 2 hrs of exercise already, in which i am happy for. but on saturday i had made a bet with one of my guy friends to see who can lose 30lbs 1st (healthy way) and monday we were going to weigh in and we did n he wanted to go walk well its like 8:00 and freezing here, and so we did but here is y i am so ashamed i couldnt even make it down to the stop sign i was so out of breathe n felt embarassed and i got the feeling that he was making fun of me. n i turned back around n got back to the house in which he beat me and he said i might as well just hand him the money cuz he is going to win this bet. n i understand that guys lose weight faster but he drives truck n he is not really motivated n loves his junk food. but we will have to see. im sorry i just wanted to rant. im so upset with myself. its hard to be 339lbs. n i weigh 90 more pds than he does. hopefully ill come out on top. but i think he will be more motivated by the money aspect. im just trying to make myself better.

Last edited by CurvaceousCutie; 01-14-2008 at 08:48 PM.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #2  
going, going, gone!!!!

S/C/G: 157/146.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Default why are you ashamed???

He is trying to psych you out! don't let him win, he's a big bully!!! You are doing this for all the right reasons and you are obviously making a giant effort. Focus on what you are doing right and not his sabotage. You are worth being a better healthier you and don't let some jerk put road blocks up for you...you are worth the time and effort and especially the weight loss. When I start sabotaging myself I have to change the voice in my head, the voice cannot win this time, it is our turn to do this, it is our turn to take care of ourselves and be the best that we can be. Just keep doing what you are doing, take that walk on your own, go as far as you can and just note that the next time you are going to go a little bit further. With each goal you set, you can't do anything but win. Then challenge him again, and who knows you might just leave him in your dust!
thisrlipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #3  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

thank you i need to hear that!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/167/145

Height: 5'8"

Default You can do it!!

Look at it this way: you GOT up, you WALKED... it doesn't matter if you "only" got to the stop sign... you got that far and that's what matters. Try again tomorrow, and the next day, and each day you'll get a little further and feel a little better about yourself. Cheer up!
Loopzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

Dont give up!!! If you weigh more than him, you will lose the weight faster... thats just how it is.... Dont lose faith!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #6  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

You indeed could lose faster even though he has the male metabolic edge. At your weight 3-4pounds a week is not unsafe or unheard of. Just make sure you have a plan of action. Counting calories or whatever. Just make sure you don't crash diet just for victory. Be smart about it and it will stay off!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #7  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Oooh, that sounds very much like a competitive insensitive boy.
Hunny, you can do this, and you're taking it seriously because it means a lot to you. It sounds like to him it's just a bet, and he just wants BRAGGING rights. You know what? Even if you don't make it down 30 lbs as fast as him... you can still do it, and take it further than that if you want to!
Get up and exercise without him if he's going to be unsupportive, or find someone else to go with you! If you can just make it to the stop sign, that's fine! Make it to the stop sign. Get up the next day... make it to the stop sign and cross the street, then stop. The next day, make it to the stop sign, across the street, and add one house onto that. (Or 20 feet or something equivalent.) Give yourself attainable goals, ones that you can achieve quickly (like adding a new milestone to your exercise) that will motivate you to keep going. Not a boy who's gonna brag and gloat in your face before he's really achieved a single thing!
Congrats on taking the first steps, darling!! Hope to see you around more!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #8  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

thank you guys. I am definitely no crash dieting, i have giving myself 1700 a day. And I really do believe he is doing it fo the money n bragging rights but oh well. he will get fat again, and ill be still losing and end up looking like a hottie lol
Old 01-15-2008, 11:21 AM   #9  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

1700 a day sounds very reasonable.
And **** yeh, you're gonna be a sexy chica in no time! Good to hear you're still on track!!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

hang in there hon. The important thing is that you are trying and you are excersizing.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

You watch girl, he probably won't lose more than 10lbs. Then what, he makes another bet? So what, you're in this for the right reason and if you win the bet, it's a perk!!
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote