Old 01-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #1  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Single & Bitter? Breaking up? Valentine's Day Approaching? COME ON IN

My boyfriend and I had a huge falling out and our relationship is definitely in limbo (if not over). I don't think we're going to see each other on Valentine's Day.

Which makes me really, really sad.

I know there are many others dreading Valentine's Day, so this is what I "propose."

Let's give ourselves our own Valentine's Day present. Reaching a Valentine's Day Goal.

What's yours?
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #2  
Beyonce got NOTHIN on me

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127ish?

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh man, what a great thread ninteen! I mentioned in other threads that I just went through a breakup and am struggling to stay positive and on-course in the aftermath... especially because I just learned that he may ALREADY be with someone else, but anyways...

My Valentines Day goal will be to fit into a pair of black Lucky Brand pants from when I was thin. They are a size 4 but a generous 4, and I'm not sure how close they are to fitting because they're with my things at school, but I think it's an attainable goal!
bodyTOObootylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hey nineteen. I totally understand. I just moved to pa from ny and my "bf" said that he cant do the long distance thing. So this valentines day will be different. But it shouldnt get us down. Me and a couple of my friends are going to rent some funny movies and relax.
My goal is going to be to lose my first 20 pounds by valetines day. So this could end up being a good thing lol. Thnx!!!!!

Last edited by krissy1319; 01-14-2008 at 08:31 PM.
krissy1319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

i love this idea, me and my boyfriend of 3 yrs just broke up new years, and i need something to look forward to and keep me busy. my plan is to just get as healthy as i possible can by then and stick to going to the gym , i do have a goal dress that i bought online that said extra large but its tiny. . . . i have about 6 inches to go :: finger crossing::
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #5  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Well im just single and bitter. All my gfs have either husbands or bfs, So mostly likely i will be spending that holiday alone. But its k. I have never had a guy for vday anyways Maybe next yr
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #6  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

I'm down! Lol. This time of year is a hard time for me because January of last year, my [then] fiance broke it off with me. Oh well.

I'm shooting for 15. I think it's totally do-able considering my weight. I just gotta work my butt off to do it
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 304/277/175

Height: 6'0

like many other girls in the world i will be single on valentines day. I was hoping that this year would be different but sadly its not im not gonna stress about it though. i'm sure ill be spending vday with my hot guy friends. My goal by then as stupid as it may seem is to finally get a gym membership and try to go at least 3 times a week. im starting small so as to not dissapoint myself. Good luck to all of you
letsdoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:54 PM   #8  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Single... oh so single!
But not too depressed about it, I haven't had a serious boyfriend in over a year now... and all of my short-term romances this summer in Ireland have long but fizzled out. I don't really feel up to getting back into dating until I feel happy in myself anyhow.
And lets be honest. I do NOT feel happy in myself right now.

SO, my Valentine's goal is a competition I'm already in. It's the "10 by Feb 10th" challenge in the "Chicks up for a challenge" thread!

Anyone else wanna join in? I'm losing ten pounds by Feb tenth!! RESOLVE! *amazonian woman tough grunting noise while flexing muscles!*
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:55 AM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

yes! holy **** this is what i needed! what are the goals chicas? mine is to get my head out of my butt and get serious. no more saying its ok to binge tonight. its not. it just makes me unhappy and i dont deserve that.

i had a horrendus week of boys this past week. am wearing my girls rule boys drool shirt in spirit.

ugh. undependable, no good, cheating, cheap, flakey, unresponsible, smooth talking, lamo of a "friend" i thought i had. let me tell you. not happy! ha.

ok anyways im in ladies! im single and im proud! or i keep telling myself so. haha i figure ill be not single for MOST of my life (god willing) so i should enjoy the benefits now.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:53 AM   #10  
bow chicka bow wow

Jelbb, I'd love to join in! But I do suppose that would mean I have to climb on the scale first and I haven't yet. Today I spent about five minutes staring at it trying to talk myself on it.

In highschool if friends and I were single on valentines day we would always head to the dollar store (more bang for your buck!), stock up on cute things and lots of balloons and have them delievered to each other during class. It was always so fun even though we knew it was coming some time during the day!
tinsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #11  
doinTHEbestIcan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyfreddy View Post
yes! holy **** this is what i needed! what are the goals chicas? mine is to get my head out of my butt and get serious. no more saying its ok to binge tonight. its not. it just makes me unhappy and i dont deserve that.
i second that...even with all that i have been through in 2007...all the heartache...i still have hope...my life tells me there is no hope...but i believe in love and i will continue to look for it...as far a valentine's day goes i've only had two valentine's day in my entire life where i've had a bf...so it's normal for me...

GREAT THREAD NINETEEN!!!

Last edited by mrsgeb2; 01-15-2008 at 10:37 AM.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #12  
Queen Yo-yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsica View Post
Jelbb, I'd love to join in! But I do suppose that would mean I have to climb on the scale first and I haven't yet. Today I spent about five minutes staring at it trying to talk myself on it.
Get on that scale, darling! Get your starting weight! It's never a fun thing really (unless you're less than you thought you were!) but it's worth it in the long run. Even if it's a super-high number now, it's gonna shrink like mad when you're working your butt off!
Let me know when you're joining in!!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #13  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I want to join too!! I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 4 1/2 years however I'm in a bit of a different situation, I was the one that made the breakup decision and I'm so glad I did and so glad to be single! But yeah, there's still that whole single-on-valentines-day thing to contend with!

My goal is to be down to 186 by V-Day, that's a 5 lb. loss. Aside from the scales my goal is to get my eating under control. I'm doing cardio and lifting weights like crazy and loving it....but not losing because I'm still eating like crazy too!!

Last edited by wisher; 01-15-2008 at 11:42 AM.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:48 AM   #14  
Queen Yo-yo

Yay! Totally a do-able loss by V-day!!! Man, all this stuff always pumps me up, hehehe.
Stick around, hope to see more of you on here between now and your goal day!
Old 01-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvaceousCutie View Post
Well im just single and bitter. All my gfs have either husbands or bfs, So mostly likely i will be spending that holiday alone. But its k. I have never had a guy for vday anyways Maybe next yr
I'm right there with ya hon. I have no clue what I'll do on v-day either. Maybe rent a couple chick flicks and have myself a good cry. Maybe hang with my sister and her fiance, I don't know. *sigh*

ETA* Ad far as a goal, lets say to lose 7lbs. That will put me at 241 I think it's doable, I just gotta keep myself on track.

Last edited by Smiling_Sara; 01-15-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote