Old 01-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #1  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Default Hatchling..take me in!

haha, I had to be o so corny with my title. Get it..chicks...hatching...

oooo nevermind

Anyway! So I am new to 3fatchicks, been looking around for a few days but just now commited myself to the site.

I just wanted to introduce myself, obviously I am not the skinny dark haired one in my picture blehhh. That is my girlfriend Heather.

Just a little background before I start posting your FACE off:

Hi..I'm fat. haha (and sarcastic)

Well, I've been large my entire life and decided about a year and a half ago (after my girlfriend and I started dating and BLEW UP) to start weightwatchers and really get down to business. I have lost 53lbs so far..which would normally be great-but I should have already been at my goal by now, not hugging the half way point.

So I am back on a mission to get the last 58 lbs off. I graduated college in May and had to move back home with my parents and my girlfriend for a year. The year is almost up and we may be moving states, she is starting grad school, and I have made the grand decision to propose next year.

So, I need the motivation to get my lard butt exercising (I eat healthy now, organic as much as I can, and good portion control) I just can't get motivated to get moving.

I did good this last week, eliptical 6 days-for 30 min. lost 3 lbs. A good start.

OKAY, that was long. Just wanted to let you know, I'm ready to embark on this journey to the great beyond "Skinnyworld" (kind of like disney land, but without the big turkey legs and ice cream stands on every corner)
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #2  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi - welcome! I like the corny title, but maybe thats just me....

Anyway, gosh - your progress seems Wow! to me, whether half-way or not, 53 #s rocks!!!! And 3 pounds on your first week of restart is great. Elliptical kicks my butt - I do not have a good relationship with the elliptical trainer.

It sounds like your probable/maybe move and your relationship plans are gonna be great motivators for you. I'm thinking about going back to grad school next year, and that has been HUGE motivation for me. Seriously, new town and all deserves a new me.

Good luck and see you on the forums!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #3  
I just need motivation.

maybe I can share your mini goal of 199...that is a number I can't wait to see. Being back into the 100s is a motivator in itself. Goodluck with everything! And thank you for the welcome.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

illbehot!!! This is my best and most favorite weight loss tool!!! There is so much encouragement from these ladies, it's CRAZY!!

Last edited by HappyMomma05; 01-30-2008 at 04:37 PM.
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #6  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

258 to 207, DaYUM.
Well done m'dear! And yeah, if you keep up with that elliptical jazz (and stick around here for some incredibly badass moral support...!) I bet you anything you'll see 199 in no time!

There's something about the elliptical that I love... it doesn't hurt my knees as much, and it always tells me that I'm burning about twice as many calories as treadmills do. Probably because the elliptical's always got my heart rate, whereas the treadmill doesn't.... the treadmill doesn't seem to understand that my heart rate's floating between 175 and 180, and I am KILLING MYSELF to burn what it insists is only like 142 calories.

ANYHOW. !!!!!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

Height: 5'6"

Hey, I liked the corny title; and I'm sarcastic too, so I love your sense of humor!

First off, you look beautiful in your picture with your girlfriend (who is gorgeous herself, you're a lucky woman). I think you should be incredibly proud of yourself for coming as far as you have already on your weight loss journey. I'm sure it hasn't been easy and you've done so well. Never forget that!

What did you study in college? And what about your girlfriend; what is she going to grad school for? You both seem so successful and happy. That's great. I almost squealed with glee when I read you're going to propose; I love when people who are truly in love get engaged! It's amazing! Any ideas of when exactly you're going to propose and where? Or is it sort of something you're planning on doing but don't have any set idea yet? Either way, congratulations!

Oh, and of course...welcome!
leanmoomercows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/250/180

Height: 5'11

Hey!! I'm new here as well, not quite sure on how everything works yet... but i wanted to tell you....

WOW!! You've done great!! But it's great that you are determined to keep going!! I've lost 50 pounds and it feels great, but it feels like im stuck now and im hanging in here hoping to get some motivation....
ConejitaGordita114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:07 AM   #9  

I am also fat and sarcastic. lol
The support on this site is amazing. I'm sure you'll find the motivation you need.
Congrats on the weight loss thus far.

Last edited by Karma27; 01-31-2008 at 05:09 AM.
Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

welcome!!

i encourage you to keep posting. Once you read about everyone else going to the gym, it's a lot easier to get over those mental roadblocks that keep us on our butts!!

And you're weight loss so far is inspirational -- I just ordered a points calc off ebay and I'm planning to to WW the low budget way...hoping to kick start my own weight loss. So seeing how well you've done helps kick my own butt!! See, it's karma. Now that you've inspired me, you'll be sure to find some inspiration of your own here...hey, by the way, did I mention that you should get your a$$ to the gym? Hey, no one's ever gone to the gym and then regretted going -- "aw, man, I WISH I hadn't done those 30 mins cardio!! Jeez, now I'm all sweaty. Ew." Y'know? Just doesn't really happen. So go -- you won't regret it!! Oh an maybe you might want to visit strength training -- building up muscle can help you lose (though it takes a bit of time and even a possible gain first so don't get frustrated).

Wow this was a longer post than I'd anticipated...

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:10 AM   #11  
I just need motivation.

Default wow so much inspiration!

Thank you so much for all of your kind words. It really did make me smile. I have been having the WORST day so far (it's only 9:08am) so putting that smile on my face may have set the tone for everything to get better.

As for getting my butt to the gym, I don't have a gym membership (can't really afford one) but my girlfriend bought a really nice eliptical and has free weights, ball, yoga stuff, etc (she's a nut) so I just have to go to the spare room. Which makes it even more pitaful that I can't get motivated haha.

leamoo** To answer all of your questions! Well, first of all--thank you so much for the kind comments.

I studied Sociology in college. My girlfriend is going to grad school to become a nutritionist (and is int he process of getting her personal training certification).

As far as the proposal, I am going to take her on a weekend getaway to Boston (where we eventually want to live) and propose to her there. More than likely in one of the public parks or I've been looking at renting a private boat to take us around the harbor and fix us dinner on it.

THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT...Now I feel really bad for only doing 10 mins this morning bc I wasn't feeling good.

PS I am going to tour a gym this weekend and possibly get a membership. I want to take a kickboxing class...WAHOOOO.