Old 01-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Help - fighting boredom

So, I signed up to be at work today because it pays double-time and I'm saving for my wedding and a down payment on a condo. The problem is, there is nothing to do here! I have to stay in this room in case someone drops by or calls. I have the internet, that's it. What should I do?!

The reason I gained the weight to begin with is from boredom eating. So, what can I be doing right now to keep from getting bored and grabbing something to munch on? As it is, I've already eaten my lunch.

Help!

What are some things you all do when you're bored and the munchies are nagging you even though you're not hungry?
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

I get on the computer, read, watch tv, cross stitch, clean, organize things. Just always keep yourself busy doing something. I get on here a lot when I'm bored and wanting to eat. I like looking at the before and after pictures and reading people's blogs and stories of losing weight. Good luck!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Definitely get on this website!! There's so much to poke around on. I also tend to make lots of plans and lists and schedules, but that's just me!
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #4  

Boy, do I know how you feel. Sometimes I stare at the clock, wishing time would go by faster. Try some online games, perhaps at Yahoo!. Euchre, pool, and literati are all fun.
BLLgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Amberelise: I had a moment today. I was wanting to snack soo badly because I wasn't doing anything but sitting around watching tv. So, I fixed me a cup of Earl Gray tea (sweetened with splenda) and got on 3FC. It def. helped the craving. I read somewhere that if you wait a few minutes, it WILL go away...it's the waiting part that is hard. Now, it's time to start cooking supper and I will be looking forward to that...lol.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #6  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I am definitely someone who eats out of boredom, stress, whatever.

If I'm craving munchies I try things like going for a walk, writing in my journal, cleaning, do something I've been procrastinating about (like research something on the internet, or write an email to a family member that I haven't gotten in touch with in too long).

I have a notebook that I started keeping just for my weight loss and exercise goals. I have inspiring quotes and goals in it. I also have a list of activities that I can do if I'm feeling the urge to eat junk food. If I'm craving food or bored, sometimes I write in it and go through the stuff I wrote down. I also have pictures of me when I was happy with my weight and I look at those for inspiration.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #7  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

You can do some office exercises when no one is around.
I like to organize, but at work I'm always so busy i tend to not get time to get bored.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote