Old 11-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #1  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Exclamation Warning! Rant on the loose! Re: scales

Okay - I'm posting this here because I posted in another part of 3fc, but that section doesn't get nearly as many responses as this one does...so here it goes again...what can I say? I like to hear from y'all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, things are still going better this week. Lost another 1/2lbs. and down to 204.5....i feel cheesy saying it but am excited to be very close to the infamous onederland!

Interested in my irksome story of the week? I have a co-worker @ my part-time job who I consider a friend....but...she is one of those friends' who is always...an I mean always right. I myself am very open to accepting everyone's ideas - even if they don't work for me and vice versa. She isn't and it drive me nuts. Everything I do regarding my weight loss...in her eyes...is wrong. (Funny how I am still losing rather steadily huh?) I know, I should just ignore and not discuss it with her, but I'm kind of the chatty type...so it is hard...(of course, once I put something in my head...I'm pretty good at sticking to it....) So...she knows my obsession with the scale - I weigh after bathroom breaks when I am home to see my weight fluctuations throughout the day...I like it, it doesn't depress me, and I record my lowest weight as the one first thing in the morning. She (in an amazingly appalled voice) decides to tell me how incorrect this is ("at curves they tell us to do it once a week" ) blah blah blah...which is apparently fine for her...but not for me...right now....I need this..it motivates me and lets me see (like for instance after a bowl of chili that is high in sodium) weight fluctuations...I like to know what foods affect me and my goal.

Anywho...I don't know how you all weigh yourself, and I hate to say it, but I don't really care...as long as it works for you....the way I weigh (no pun intended) works for me! I actually like the high level of accountability it gives me.

Argh! Argh! Argh!

p.s. i did double my cardio workout last night on the elliptical - 66 minutes instead of 33 (5.1 miles) yahoo! not sure what got into me, but i enjoyed it and didn't hurt any afterwords....let's hope I can do that more often!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have one response to all unwanted/unwelcome suggestions about the way I live my life from other people (from people who suggest new haircuts and critique my diets to people who want to give me advice about my relationship or about my job). I simply respond, "That is an interesting thought. I'll consider it".

The person doesn't get mad because you're acknowledging what they said, and they feel like they've accomplished their goal of "saving" you, so they end the topic. You don't ever have to argue it. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 "That's so interesting, I'll consider it" repetitions for them to get the message, but eventually they do. It has never failed me in those tough spots where someone is being critical and you just want them to be quiet and let you proceed about your business.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I hate people that always have to be right. It is just annoying. I always respond with something like "That nice, I'm glad that it works for you". After a few times they get it and stop giving advice.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:06 AM   #4  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

OHHH i hate that, people who know everything, sometimes they are so quick to disagree with you, that they won't even realize you do agree. If you say left, they say right.
66 minutes girl that is for real! Congrats.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

I think I agree with everyone here, specially mandalinn. You're doing what you think is right and you're doing a good job so keep it up
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on your great loss. I think mandalinn gave you good advice. I would just add that you can still do it your way.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote