Old 11-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #16  

Height: 5ft6"

i could have written this post as well! I too lost a bunch of weight before university and it was so easy then. one day i just decided i was going to lose weight and i did. i just cut everything "bad" out of my diet and excercised. I maintained at 125 into high school and then slowly gained to about 140. I was at 140-145 for the first year of university. My real downfall was becoming bulimic, which fortunately didnt last more than a few months as i decided the harm i was causing my body by purging was to great. so basically it morphed into binge eating which has caused me to gain to about 175-180 now. i don't even feel like the same person anymore. School is very stressful for me as i am in a very competitive program and I guess I just binge my feelings and stress away every night. Now it has become such a habit... that even though it makes me feel TERRIBLE i can't stop. Now I am at the point where I only wear sweatpans because I cant bear the thought of buying jeans in a much bigger size. Despite binging massively today, I finished my midterms which have been comsuming my life for the las month... so once again i will start afresh tomorrow. I think I have started each day with the intention that "today i will start losing weight" for the last 1.5 yrs... ironically i have only gained about 35 lbs.

and university certainly doesnt help. i live at home but there is always lots of granola bars and unhealthy foods around as i have 2 brothers who are athletes and eat a ton. it seems like the only thing i can think about when i come home late from the university after a night of studying is stuffing my face. Now my eating is so out of whack i can't even remember what it is like to eat a normal dinner as i am either a) studying at the university or b)recovering from a binge.

i too am really trying to make some healthy changes that will last this time. i will be in school for many more years so i need to find something that works for me. and i hate how this rapid weight gain is turning me into someone, both on the inside and outside, that i don't recognize. Where has that confident, smart, fun girl gone????

i'm sorry i really haven't offered any help and it has been quite longwinded. I guess i just want to say that i know how you are feeling and i empathize with you. University is HARD as it is, and even more so when you are constantly worrying about your weight. Especially when you are overwhelmed with school.

I wish you the best of luck. I am really looking into why i binge and trying to avoid these situateions by exercising 5 times a week(i find it helps me avoid binging), and staying more on top of my schoolwork so i dont feel so anxious and stressed.
mesilla is offline   Reply With Quote