Old 09-10-2007, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat September 10 - 16

Hey everyone!

How was everyones weekends? Mine went pretty well except for the brownie I ate on Friday and the ice cream I ate on Saturday (I know I’m bad ). Friday I had my induction to the deans honor society. That went really well and everyone told me how great my new suit looked on me. I love getting compliments like that. Then I hung out with my guy friend for a long time. I kindof got mad at him because he guilted me into going to his friends party (I didn’t want to go because they are heavy drug uses and I try and avoid that.) by telling his friends when they called him that we would come over if I wanted to, but if I didn’t then he was just going to stay at my place and hang out. So I had to say yes, I can’t think of any way to escape that. That really annoyed me because we talked for like a half an hour on why I didn’t want to go to this party. Otherwise the rest of the weekend was quite.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:48 PM   #2  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Hey People!

I suppose this is as good a place to start as any. It's Monday, which means the beginning of the week, which means I am trying to get back in the swing o'things. I joined 3FC in August and had a great two weeks of counting calories and walking...then I went on vacation. Coming back home, I lost my walking buddy and started a new semester which means new schedule, which means..EEEK! Need to pick up where I left off and it is oh-so-hard. It was easy getting up to walk when you know someone will be waiting on you. I need to find new motivating factor (why my fat belly isn't enough, I do not know).

So, I am starting the week off with my dailyplate-dot-com calorie count and checking in with all of you lovely ladies, for you all are so inspirational!

My weekend was okay. Lots of homework and the first of what will be a total of 5 family reunions!! This means lots of food, a dessert table and I am in the south so lots of fried food. Got another one this weekend. Woe is me. Other than that had a fab time hanging out with DH and my cats (something I do not get a lot of time to do throughout the week).

Thanks for listening. Hope you all are well!
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey Chicks,

I'm so good at posting at the beginning of the week, then things get busy and busier.... Anyway, this weekend was my birthday, which was the biggest diet-cheating time since I got pretty serious about this stuff a month or so ago. It's such a test to get back on track after that, but yesterday I was such a good little doobie and ate all my nutritious meals right on time and drank lots of water. I just got back from a law firm interview lunch (gnocchi - not so diet friendly but I didn't eat very much of it) and unfortunately I feel a nap coming on, which is uncool since I have a crapload of reading to do today/tonight.

Ollie - 5 family reunions! I think this is a Southern thing, so I have no experience in that area, but it sounds like fun. Maybe you can ask around and find a new walking buddy? It definitely makes things easier when there's someone counting on you to get up and go.

Remember - are you smooching this boy yet?! How are classes and interviews? I am SO SICK of talking about myself and asking questions like "What unique quality about this huge law firm made you choose to come here?" A friend from school suggested that we could ask "If your firm were a fruit, which fruit would it be?" I have been tempted to break that one out, but haven't just yet.

Last edited by eastcoastgirl; 09-10-2007 at 03:22 PM.
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #4  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Hi... last weekend through this past weekend were not so hot! My boyfriend left for OCS (Navy) on Wednesday... so, with that happening and a lot of other parties the weekend prior, I didn't eat so well. Then, Wednesday, I was just a mess... but didn't really eat a lot! This weekend was my mom's wedding... I didn't do so great there either... but I did better than I would have in the past... so I didn't gain weight! Today I am back on track with eating right and writing it down. I have a cold now (boo!) and class tonight, so I'd rather take a power nap, but I am off to walk my dog Seeing the wedding pictures of my back fat was enough to really get me motivated!! And all of you ladies are always such an inspiration! 30 pounds by DB's grad at the end of November or bust!!! hehe
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

*Sigh* A New Week! Will I ever see the 150's?? I know I will as soon as I get back into the habit of exercising everyday. I'm doing fine with the food, I find it a lot easier since I started back to school and I know exactly what I'm going to eat and when I'm going to eat it. I just really need to get my butt in gear and exercise exercise exercise! I bought a tae bo video the other day, so I'm going to try that out...
My weekend was awesome, I got my first tat!! I promised myself that after I lost 20 pounds I'd get one, so I did! Once it heals up I'll take a pic and post it on here, and show it off a bit I'm proud of it lol.

Remember: Girl you gotta stand up for yourself, tell that boy NO! lol .. I hope it wasn't all that bad though!

Ollie: Holy Lord, 5 family reunions! I'm from the South too... fried food is my weakness.. I love love love it, but I try to stay as far away from it as possible. After you don't eat it for awhile, it's not as good when you do eat it, and the tummy aches aren't very appealing either!

eascoast: I'm the same, I always post at the beginning of the week and then slack off.. sometimes life just gets too crazy! At least we keep coming back for more though!

hope: Good luck with getting back on track girl! You can do it.. .think of how amazing it feels at the end of a "good" day
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #6  
I can do it this time.

Aloha Ladies. So I saw the dietician on Friday, nothing I didn't already know.I am supposed to meet up with her again in 2 months. We will see how that goes.

I came into work today and I had two presents on my desk. One was a pedometer and the other was a 5lb pair of ankle and wrist weights. My boss had bought it for me over the weekend and I was really happy. I'm wear it since I got here about 8am right now its 2pm and I've only walked 2,333 steps . I work in an small office, so I kind of figured as much. 7,667 more steps to go. So I looked up and about 10k steps is about 5miles give or take. I think I will be keeping track of my steps as well as my exercising. and everything else.

Hope you ladies are doing great!
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:33 PM   #7  

I went ahead and took a picture of my tattoo and thought I'd go ahead and attach it to see what you ladies thought! If you can't tell from the pic it is located on the right side of my lower back! I've had this idea for about a year, and have been wanting to get it done for awhile, but I told myself I wouldn't do it until I was 20 pounds down.. so here it is...

Old 09-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #8  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

It looks great! Nice incentive for you!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #9  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Casey - nice! its beautiful! what a great reward idea

lovethatsara - i'm in the same boat this week with weight watchers. i finally went to a meeting and totally didnt learn anything remotely close to new, (like you felt w/the dietician), but maybe the accountability will make the difference?

remember
- definately annoying boy behavior, but maybe that was his way of showing that he wanted to hang out with you one way or the other, plus bringing you around to show off to his friends anyway, i can see a silver lining in the situation!

I've had a good day today after recovering from a really really bad eating weekend. Went out to eat 3 times!!! so bad!!! and drank alot both friday and saturday night, ugg...but i'm back OP and just stocked my fridge with good healthy stuff.
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:53 PM   #10  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Casey--I am not really a fan of fried food save okra. Not a weakness of mine. I am also a vegetarian living in the land of BBQ. Suffice to say, not a whole lot I can eat at these things. Did I mention a dessert table?!?! Nice tattoo! My scarf rack on my wall reads "Imagine" with hooks on the bottom of the letters. Love it. (the word and your tattoo). I have 6 tats meself. They are addicting, so go ahead and be thinking about your next one. You'll get it

eastcoast--I'll try to get a new walking buddy. My hubby has volunteered for twice a week, but it's not the same as my galpal, you know. I have only been in this area a year, so my list of friends around here is relatively short.

Remember--bummer about the dude, but guys are weird. I just noticed how much weight you have lost. This is awesome. Good inspiration before I go to bed (I am having issues with my snooze button).

Well, we made it through a Monday
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #11  

Ollie- I love your display pic by the way! I could totally be a vegetarian if I tried hard enough, I've just never really had the desire to stop eating meat, but it's not a huge part of my diet, I think the only meat I would have trouble giving up would be seafoods. However, I don't eat red meat, simply because I don't like it, yuck! And I feel ya on the whole BBQ thing, I'm not a big fan of BBQ and no one around here can understand that. I guess you can say fried food is no longer a weakness of mine, but it was at one point, and I never want to go back to that. I'm positive all of the fast food fried goodness is the reason for all of the excess weight. I moved away to college, and I can't even begin to explain how much fast food was in that town... it has to be record breaking.. And you're right, I have already begun to plan my next tat... it's going to be a dove (another symbol of peace of course )

denice and hope- Thank you for the compliments
Old 09-11-2007, 01:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 140/back to start/125

Height: 5 feet and 2 inches

So many new faces.. all wonderful!
So I am back on here again after a long hiatis. A much needed break because now I am ready to fight again!
You are the reason we all survive. We can laugh, talk, yell, scream, cry, and no one judges. Plus it is a great reminder of how long we have come.
Ya, so I am in a blissful mood right now!
The day went great, this week is going to go great! I started working out again which always lifts my spirits and I am feeling very healthy about my food options. If I wont benifit from it, it is not going in me.
My DH is gone until Friday morning, then he is leaving either Sunday afternoon or early MOnday morn for work. It is going to be like this for a while. I am always better the day after he leaves, but the day he does I am a wreck! I get so sad and lonely, our dog has to sleep in the bed with me so I dont feel so empty... and believe me, I NEVER allow this! ONe thing that I do notice is that I can control my eating a lot better while he is gone. I eat on my own terms. He eats quite a bit, and his constant getting up to go to the cupboard or fridge rips me apart and I CRAVE food! Especially at night! But whn I am alone, I dont even think about it. Since I wont see him that often, I am hoping that my weight loss will be a present every week... a little eye candy.

SMILE: I love getting compliments on a new outfit! Does wonder for a persons soul!

OLLIE: New schedules can be such a downer, especially when you are trying so hard to get on one! UGGH I really dispise change sometimes.

EASTCOAST: Ditto about Mondays!

HOPE: I know how you are feeling with the BF being gone, alothough mine is gone for a long term standing. Props to you for living a military lifestyle... I could never do it! It will get better hun

CASEY: I was at the gym tonight and I thought about a present I could get myself for reaching a goal that I set, and mine was a tattoo too!! Yours is super cute! CONGRATS!

SARA: YAY for presents! That must have made your day!!
sugarfreeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #13  
Fat-be-gone

hi girls!!

I am seriously bored at work and what better way to make the time go by faster and lose weight than 3FC. LOL. I used to roam around here but stopped, but now that I am really serious about dropping some weight, I've decided to come back, so you all can keep me on my toes. Hope that's okay!

btw - casey, ur tattoo is supercute!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:52 PM   #14  
I can do it this time.

So today driving to work I almost got hit by a car who ran the red light. I called my fiance and started crying I was a little scared. At the end of the conversation I said I think I need something to drink. I'm going to go to the store and get some Orange juice. Normally if that would have happened I would have said I am gonna run to the store and grab a pint of ice-cream..

I am moving up! woo hoo. I even was a little surprised for my reaction. But at least I know I've moved past the point of using junk food for comfort.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #15  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Okay, I have had a good couple of days because 2 days ago my scale said 219, and it still says 219. I can't tell you the last time the scale was this low. Of course I still have soooo much to go, but I am ready to hit onederland soon. I hope these 19 pounds go fast. A girl can dream can't she? Anyway, I am excited for Biggest Loser tonight. I get so inspired by that show. I hope this season will be good.

Last edited by alliesmom00; 09-11-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: mistake
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote