Old 09-11-2007, 06:07 PM   #16  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi guys!
I am at work and hungry and bored (not a good combination), so I had an apple and decided to come here and check out how everyone's doing So much better than eating a million pieces of chocolate!
My weekend was good..visited my brother in Pittsburgh but made good decisions when we ate out and got a lot of walking in even if I didn't make it to the gym! I am still hovering around 145/146 and I am hoping to be down to 144.5 after this weekend...unfortunately, I am spending it with two of my best girl friends who are coming to town, so I don't think it will be the healthiest weekend that lived. Fortunately they are pretty health-conscious too, so we should be fine just drinking our calories

alliesmom - That is fantastic about your weigh in! I love the feeling of success when you know you've made good decisions

sara - I can't believe that...that is soo scary. Great job on not using food as comfort...experiences like that will make you happy to be here!

casey - I LOVE the tattoo!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow so many comments already this week. I swear it just took me a half an hour to reading/comment on them. It sounds like everyone is doing fantastic. My week is stressful. School is kicking my but like normal but I’m hanging in there. I’ve rebounded from my weekend nicely staying completely on track thus far this week. This is my second week at work and I’m loving it. Everyone in the office is really nice (plus they made sure my financial aid went thought in the first batch of checks). I’m slightly concerned because I can see lot of food being in there (ie pizza type leftovers from events) but I’m going to stick to my guns. If they really push food (which I don’t think they will) I will take it and either bring it home to my roomie/her boyfriend or since I stay later then most of the women there, I will toss it after they leave. I think it is good to have a game plan from the start with this type of thing.

Ollie – Wow 5 family reunions that seems like a lot even for the South (my parents live in the south). Good luck making healthy choices . . . I know how good (and bad for you) that southern cooking is.

EastCoastGirl – Things are still moving at a snails pace with him. Well see how things go . . . he is coming to a wedding with me this weekend. I’m not sure how to introduce him to people (I’ve been avoiding that). But then I also kindof hate the idea of titles so I think I’m going to avoid that one. I was on the phone with him the other day and his Mom was asking about me and when I was going to come back over. I haven’t started interviews yet . . . our OCI stuff was do last week so hopefully we will hear form firms soon. I’m nervous . . . I really want/need a job this summer. Classes are going well but are hard as ****. I have so much reading to it is driving me nuts. How about you? Have you had any second interviews yet? Any tips from your OCI experience? I hate the talking about myself and why I want to get a job . . . how about your firm will pay me $1000 + a week that is why. I like the fruit question I think I’m going to have to share that with my friends.

Hope2 – Just think of how good you will look with DB comes back. That should be major motivation . . . try and stay positive.

Casey – I don’t know if I’ve said this before but you are so pretty (from you avatar). And I really like you tattoo. I might have come off a little rough because I was still pissed when I wrote that about having to go to the party. His friends weren’t doing drugs in front of me (although I’m sure some were on drugs). It was more of a totality of the circumstance and more that I had already said I didn’t want to go when he trapped me into going by telling his friends that he would only go if I wanted to (knowing I didn’t want to.)

Sara – that was really nice of your boss. How many steps did you end up doing? And good job not going for the ice cream and the OJ instead!!!

Denice – At least you realized you mistake and packed the fridge full of good stuff.

Sugarfreeprincess – Welcome back. I totally understand what you mean about eating better food when other people aren’t around. I find some people are just enablers of bad eating habits. My sisters (who I love dearly) get mad when I wont be there eating buddy.

Rosario – Welcome to the board. If you can’t tell everyone here is wonderful.

Alliesmom – Good job on hitting a low. You will be in onderland before you know it.

Michelle – Good job on coming here instead of eating more. One of the many reasons I love this site.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all of the compliments on that Tat Girls!

Remember: Just letting you know you made my day! That was so sweet, thank you very much! And I understand your situation, boys are silly sometimes!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

This week has been exhausting so far! I had job interviews (callbacks) on Monday and Tuesday, and I just haven't been sleeping enough so I walk around like a zombie all day. I generally follow a schedule I made that tells me what I should be doing all day long, so to some extent I can go on auto-pilot, but it's tough if I don't wake up early enough or can't get my work done without falling asleep. I'm going out of town tomorrow night (to Boston) for more interviews and another quick family visit, then this weekend I am going to catch up on all of the sleep and homework I haven't been doing. Still, eating has been right on, and I'm on my period so the weight is finally really going down.

miss michelle: that's great that you stayed on track while visiting your brother - going out of town always makes it tougher, especially if you're drinking and eating out. My tactic when people come to visit me is to take them on looooong walks, so that halfway thru the day everyone's ready for a nap and I don't have to entertain them. Good for exercise, and for a quick break from the action.

remember: the best advice I can give about OCI is that it is a seller's market right now for law students. It may not stay that way for long, but law firms need you more than you need them, so be confident! What kind of law are you going for? I'm looking at corporate depts in mega-huge firms on the east coast so I'm not sure if my experience will translate, but generally my best interviews were the ones where we just hit it off and chatted the whole time about law school, baseball, or whatever we had in common. Try to have fun with it, and just show them that you'll be an awesome person to work those endless law firm hours with. And about the boy, as long as you're having a good time, that's what matters. That's sweet that he's coming to a wedding with you - good opportunity to dance and be silly, which can bring you a little closer together. Sounds like he's pretty shy too (and maybe a bit clueless, but what boy isn't?).

caseygail:
love the tattoo, and I love the idea of that as a reward. I have one tattoo on my shoulder but I want lots more. It's definitely kind of addicting. I think my next body mod is going to be a sternum piercing, if I can get up the nerve and the cash to do it.

Last edited by eastcoastgirl; 09-12-2007 at 09:59 AM.
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #20  
Taking It Back

S/C/G: 199.8/189.2/134.2

Height: 5'6.2"

I got my scale last week and have been trying extra hard this week since. My weigh-in last week was 196.4 and today 194.2! I am so happy that my efforts are paying off. I did not see a weigh-in thread, so I hope this is an okay place to pop this in.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

East: Thank you for the compliment A sternum piercing sounds painful, but I do think they are really cool looking, and the pain will pass! I have my nose pierced and I thought the pain from that was worse than my tattoo, the tattoo pain was just for a longer period of time! Good luck with your interviews!

Nadia: Congrats! Glad to hear the weight is coming off! I do think we need a weigh in thread, if someone doesn't start one soon, I'll start it next week when I weigh in. It's always good to have that accountability!

This week has been going so great! I think it's this weather, it puts me in a great mood and I can't wait to get to the park and walk! I live in a small town and there is one gym, but I don't care to go to it, simply because it's a small town and I don't want to see everyone I know there. We have a great park with a track that goes all the way around this beautiful pond with fountains in the middle of it. It's about a half a mile long and we usually go 6 laps every night. I'm glad we've gotten back into the habit of doing it this week, it makes me feel great and refreshed. I've even been running some! I said before that I've done ok with my diet, I just can't get back on track with exercise.. well now that I'm back on track with exercise maybe I will see the 150's when I weigh in on monday! Yay! It is my TOM, so I need to keep that in mind. I'm feeling really great about it though! Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday, 3rd step of the 5 step program to the weekend!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #22  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

A few questions...
Does anyone know how many grams of protein, carbs, and fiber we should get daily? I think this is an area I need to work on.
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #23  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Casey I feel ya on the fast food. They're everywhere. Taco Bell is my only weakness and I don't eat it that much. I haven't ate McD's in like 8 years. I feel ya on the exercise, too. As you can see, I eat rather well, so my problem isn't that. Kinda hard exercising when I am in class all day and spend all night doing homework. Grrrr.....effin metabolism. Love the peace them to your tats. I am a complete pacifist.

Remember 2 of the family reunions are on my side and 3 are on my husband's side. All grandparent related. Does that make it seem not as crazy? Thanks for the encouragement.

Nadia My cat looks like your avatar

Gang Has anyone done the videos Walk Away the Pounds? I am looking for something to do before class in the morning and am thinking about ordering it, but wanted some input.
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #24  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Alliesmom - I'm just gonna hop in and answer your question. Until last semester I was a nutrition major, and until the end of July I was a personal trainer. So I know a little bit on all that jazz...

As far as fiber: it's recommended to get in 25 grams of fiber, but that's based on a 2000 caloried diet, so it breaks down to 12.5 grams per 1000 calories eaten.

As far as the rest, the grams will depend on how many calories you eat and then the percentages you want. Some people do 40% carbs, 20% protein and fat. Some do 60% carbs 30% protein and 10% fat, and of course many variations beyond that. It will all depend on what you want to do. There's no real set amout of grams that are needed. Although there are some recommendations on how many grams of the "good fats" you should take in.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #25  

Height: 5'5"

finally getting a second to post!

i have had a crazy busy week and am feeling kind of down. mainly i was expecting a call from a friend a few weeks ago and it never came and i am just obsessing about it and feeling down and using food for comfort and getting down that i dont see the scale going down... you know the routine!

ive just had a lot of disppointments in the past year with putting my trust/affection on people who seem worthy and having it totally blow up in my face. its annoying, im getting cynical and its showing on the scale! im beggining to wonder if there are ANY good men out t here or if the ones that seem good are just smart at hiding their lies/bad behavior/the fact that they dont care etc.

anyways ive given myself the night off from working o ut and my food plan and am reveling in it for the night. tomorrow im done with it and no more thinking about it!!!!

anyways thanks for letting me vent...
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #26  

Grrr today was such a bad day. I didn't get all of my homework last night so I had to plan to skip working out this morning to finish my homeowrk. So I was trying to get ready kindof fast this morning and I dropped my curling iron on my chest area and burned it really bad. So then it made my whole getting ready process slow because I was icing it to hopefully stop the burning. Then I had to change my outfit so that you couldn't see and well I don't have high neck shirts like that. Then I had class and work all day, then got home and went to the doctor because I was scared about it burning and about haivng a giant scar on my chest. They said that they couldn't do anything about it. So finally home at like 9:30, I was exhasted took a shower, went though every shirt I own to try and find something to wear tomorrow with chocolate dress pants because I have dinner with my roommates family for the holiday, couldn't find anything that would cover the burn so gave up. Now I have so much homework to do. The only good thing that has come out of today is I talked to my brother and I think he is going to get me boxing gloves for my birthday and teach me boxing basics because I think it will be a good arm workout (plus I think it would be cool to learn to box).

EastCoast - Thanks for the tip, I am also trying to go to a big corporate firm (mainly because I need to pay off my massive debt). I'm getting kindof of nervous wondering when the bids are going to come out. Hopefully soon.

Ollie - That makes it seem a lot less crazy. It's nice that your family is so close.

Nadia - Good job with the weight loss. Yes I've done the Walk Away the Pounds video, they one I did was good.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #27  

Height: 5'5"

remember- im in law school too doing oci. oh the fun. aslo - sorry about the burn! can you get an over the counter ointment for it (if it scabs at all) to make it heal faster/scar less? mederma?

Last edited by readyfreddy; 09-12-2007 at 11:51 PM.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 AM   #28  

Freddy that is three of us now (eastcoast is also in lawschool). Are you also a second year? Where are you going to school? I go to University of Detriot Mercy. OCI is stressful because it is a waiting game. I really hope I get a job. Yeah the burn sucks, I have been putting A & D cream on it which will hopefully help it. I hasn't blistered yet which is a good thing, hopefully it wont. It will probable scab over thought. And to make matters better I have a wedding on Saturday that I am not going to be able to cover it up for. I think I might try merdima or see if I can get a referral to a dermotologist after it starts to heal a bit and see if they can give me something. Well I'm off to bed then a big day of tax homework tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:12 AM   #29  
I can do it this time.

Michelle - sounds like you will be having a great time with your friends here. i'm glad you had a great time with your brother, walks are always good even if you cant go to the gym.

remember- the night hasnt ended but so far i've done 7,622 steps. much better than the first day which was 4,442 steps. I've realized that now that i am bringing a lunch to work this week and from now on, the two 15min breaks i usually use to grab something to eat during lunch i can split them up in 3 and take 3 10min walks during the day. (i usually eat while im working so i can get off a half hour early)

i joined the biggest loser black team over at sparkspeople ( i was too late for the one here) I am very excited and motivated with the challenges this week, I hope it shows in our weigh in both there and here at 3fatchicks. I bought biggest loser cookbook today, there is some pretty good recipes i wouldnt mind trying, reading them made me hungry hehe.
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #30  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Freddy - I've learned that the best way to "fall" into a relationship, is when you are doing what you want to do for yourself. By working toward your goals, doing what you enjoy and working to improve yourself (whether it be weight loss and a healthier lifestyle or something else)! I had wanted and wanted and crushed for a boyfriend probably since my 1st college bf and I broke up... it made me crazy! When I finally gave up and did more for me and not my crush... when I got excited about having the 'Sex in the City" single life (as I called it since I was moving to Baltimore), I ended up with a boyfriend!!!! He had to listen to me tell him I didn't really want a boyfriend, but he was worth it! Live for yourself and the guy will come (just don't be blind to it, if it's there!)

Remember - Aloe with vitamin E... or Vitamin E capsules... They really help to prevent or minimalize scarring.

Well, I was sort of good and sort of bad last night. It was Rosh Hashanah dinner (I'm Jewish)... and my friend is an amazing cook! I ate, I think more than I should have, but not as much as I normally would. I took the smallest amount of everything... and I watched my calories earlier in the day. SO, I guess I did do OK! One thing I never allowed mhyself before was little blips like that... if I blipped, it was all over.... back to fat eating. So, I'm back on today and the scale still went down!

I haven't heard from DB, which is supposed to be good. Supposedly if you hear from them during the week, they rolled (flunked something and have to start over.) So, I'm happy for him. However, he already weighed a little less than I did before he left and they lose so much weight at OCS... so, I better stick to it!!!

Have a great day ladies! Sorry so long.
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote