Old 09-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica View Post
Eating Less and Better and Moving More.
Yup, me too. I have a less "family-friendly" name for my plan, but that's a good summary of it.

Every individual has to find what works for their life, their (dis)likes, their finances, etc. This works the best for me, and should be pretty sustainable.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:07 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Count calories, exercise, drink water.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:05 AM   #18  
PunkRockMumma

S/C/G: 121.9/120.0/69

Height: 5'9

I basically am on a Low Carb,Low Gi and high protien diet..i lost 8kgs in 4-5 weeks..very restrictive but effective.
CharlottesMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm doing South Beach...just finished Phase I and I lost 9 pounds those first two weeks.

If you're looking for structure and you have the money, I'd go for Nutrisystem or a similar food delivery service. Then just add 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week and the pounds should melt. You also need to take into account and medical issues you may have. Some can make it hard for you to lose weight, whereas others are more catered to your needs.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #20  

I'm trying to cut out fatty food, fried food, sugary drinks, and useless carbs. I don't have much time to exercises so I hope this will be enough
diana28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 270?/234/190

Height: 5'11

i just started back on weight watchers. ive always had good results with it, and at one point had lost 50 lbs with it..then i moved to texas and gained it all back due to depression eating. anyway, its not difficult, and if you choose the core plan, there is a VERY specific list of foods you can and cannot eat. i'm on the flex plan...it has a little more lea way concerning food but you have to track your points. ive lost 6.5 lbs in the last week. i gained a few lbs the first week because my body was going thru the adjustment period. a lot of people experience that. but this week it paid off. 6.5 lbs later. i also work out 4-5 times a week for 45 minutes or so. prior to starting weight watchers, i was a calorie counter, and i dropped 20 lbs working out 4-5 times a week and eating between 1200-1500 calories a day.

i personally dont like programs that send you food like nutrasystem. weight loss is a lifestyle change, not just a change in what you put in your mouth..
CecelliaStrick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Basically what everyones been saying.

Count calories
Eat low fat/calorie foods
Drink pleanty of water
Eat pleanty of fruits and vegetables (at least 5 servings a day)
Stay away from fatty, greasy, fried, sugary foods
Exercise

You might wanna try Weight Watchers since you can eat anything, but it's better to eat the healthier choices.
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote