Old 09-20-2007, 04:35 AM   #16  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations to everyone on their NSV's!!!
Mine was last week when I saw a friend that I hadn't seen in about a month and she said "Wow!! You have lost a lot of weight!!" Yay!! That made me feel really good! And another one is that I have to go and buy a new pair of work pants this weekend. My pants are a 16 and they are really big on me now!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #17  

Height: 5'9"

Damn, I wish I had clothes that were too big for me, but nothing yet. However, I started my "from couch potato to 5K training last night." It was hard, but I did it. I know, a super small victory, but a victory none-the-less.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:00 AM   #18  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i've had really minor nsv's i got outside and pushed my daughter in her swing(i usually stay inside the house with the baby)
and theres been a chocolate cake in the house for several days and i've only had 2 pieces
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:46 AM   #19  
that girl

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

Default My NSV

I got home from work on wed. @ around midnight, and my husband said "i brought you home some chicken wings" (we own a pizzaria). I told him I really appreciated him thinking of me, but I really didn't want to eat those kinds of things (especially so late!). I warmed up a cup of spring veggie soup, and when I weighed in the next morning I was down 1 lb! Than last night I had a crappy night at work and I considered calling him and telling him to bring me home something greasy and good. But, I didn't, I warmed up some minestrone soup instead. And this morning I was down .5 lb! (this is an NSV bc this loss only got me back to my ticker weight ).

It reallly feels good to be disciplined and have it pay off.

Have a great day everyone!
Lisa
Lisa0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

I got fitted for a bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding about a month ago. I went in yesterday to try it on and it has to be altered ... to make it smaller of course

Also, this is going to seem kinda vain,but it made me feel good. About a year ago when my sister got engaged and chose her bridesmaids, I was kinda depressed because I was the fattest one. However, I've lost 20 pounds since then, her maid of honor will be 8 months pregnant, and the other bridesmaid *gained* 30 pounds. So, I am now the skinniest bridesmaid lol. My friend was kind enough to point that out last night while we were jogging, it made me feel good!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #21  
that girl

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseygail21 View Post
I got fitted for a bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding about a month ago. I went in yesterday to try it on and it has to be altered ... to make it smaller of course

Also, this is going to seem kinda vain,but it made me feel good. About a year ago when my sister got engaged and chose her bridesmaids, I was kinda depressed because I was the fattest one. However, I've lost 20 pounds since then, her maid of honor will be 8 months pregnant, and the other bridesmaid *gained* 30 pounds. So, I am now the skinniest bridesmaid lol. My friend was kind enough to point that out last night while we were jogging, it made me feel good!

I totally know how you feel!!! You should be excited, it's just one more thing that will make the whole day awesome!! Have fun at the wedding!!
Lisa0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:33 PM   #22  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 260/170/140

Height: 5'5

I am going to try to get more into posting on here. Yesterday, my mom and I stopped at a gap outlet and I took three sizes in to the dressing room in the long and lean style jeans--16,14,12. And when the 12 fit, my mom insisted on getting them for me Thats my first 12! (and I don't care if its by chance, haha) I def. started this in over a size 20.

Also, I jogged my first mile and a half straight through at the speed of 5.0. I know thats not a big deal to some serious runners around here, but for me----woah. haha.

I hope everybody has been having a great september. Mine has been pretty good, but I just wish the scale would budge!!!!

Last edited by Addicted5915; 09-21-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Addicted5915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Lisa: Thank you so much, I will definitly have fun!

Addicted: A mile and a half at a speed of 5.0 is extremely impressive to me!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 275/248/200

Height: 5'7

Much love and congrats to all of you!

I guess I have a NSV to tell you all about. Today I was running some errands and I drove right past Mickey D's. OMG I craved their sweet tea all night long. Instead of giving in to the golden arches I finished doing what I needed to do..made it home and fixed myself a huge glass of crushed ice water w/ a splash of lemon..the whole time I was thinking to myself: MMMMYummy this SWEET TEA IS SOOOOO GOOOOO! LOL congrats to me..its a small nsv but a beginning for me
MsTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #25  

Height: 5'9"

This thread is so positive, I love it.

Casey - I'm in the same boat as you. I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding in November. I actually told her that I was going to be the fattest, and she assured me that her future sister-in-law ordered a larger dress size than me, haha.

My older sister was married a few years ago and I HATE HATE HATE the professional pictures of us three girls that my parents have framed at the house. I was HUGE. I have vowed that I will NOT look like that in my best friend's wedding. Here's hoping I'll need my dress altered, too!
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Everyone is doing so great. I love reading all of the NSVs. I have a twofer today. First I wore a t-shirt I got while I was visiting my friend in August, it a unisex large, but it is getting big on me. I use to wear a tight 2xl. Additionally I wore a pair of adidas shorts today, not just when I was working out (which I guess would be my 3rd I’ve worked out the first time in almost 2 weeks), but all day including going to the store. When I was heavy I never would show my legs.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote