Old 08-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat Aug 20 - 26

Hey Everyone,
Thought I would start up the weekly chat. I知 back from vacation. I had a great time on vacation but I知 happy to be back. I went grocery shopping yesterday and got all sorts of healthy food (which is good because per-vacation I was living off lean cuisines and assorted junk food). Then vacation I ate pretty healthy but not as healthy as I would if I was at home. Now I知 just unpacking, cleaning, and what not.

How is everyone else doing?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #2  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Remember -Glad to hear you had a good vacation!

I'm still getting ready for the school year to start; planning lessons, decorating my room, and going to meetings. I'm feeling really overwhelmed, but also really excited! I've taken the week off from counting calories b/c I've been so busy, but am still watching my food and am doing pretty well. I also got back into the gym this weekend after taking 3 days off and it has really helped deal with the stress I've been experiencing lately!
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:11 AM   #3  

Brittany - Is this your first year teaching? I'm sure everything will turn out wonderful!

I made spagittai squash today for dinner. I randomly puchased it yesterday when I was shopping with the thought "eh I haven't tried this yet". It turned out good, I was very happy. I gave into temptation early and had ice cream. I know it was bad but there is nothing I can do now. I got a lot done around my apartments today (yes that is ment to be plural, I started cleaning my old one, then I unpacked from my trip in my new one). Everything seems to be going well with my roommate (which was a major concern of mine). Otherwise I spent most of the evening filling in my class schedule in my planner. I filled in all of the readings for the one class with the syllabus put up.

I'm going to try and go to the gym first thing tomorrow. I was doing well on vacation when I went first thing in the morning. If it works out that is when I'm going to try and plan it in for the upcoming semester.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #4  
NewComer

Yep, it's my first year teaching. Everything is new, which is why I'm so overwhelmed, but I know it will get easier.

I also prefer to workout in the mornings. It gives me a little shot of energy for the day and I like having my afternoons free. My little gym at my apartment complex is also packed in the evenings, and there is only one working treadmill (!!!) so the equipment I want is usually not available at night.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:25 PM   #5  

Hmm where is everyone else this week?

Brittney I'm sure it is overwhelming at first. I have several friends who are teachers and they all experience the same anxity when they first started. I'm sure you will do wonderful. I think you've already said but what grade are you teaching? Elementry school?

I did go work out this morning. It felt good and the gym was pretty empty. (I don't like other people to share the gym with me.) I was going to use the bike but the one with real seat wasn't working so I just used the treadmill but I set it for a route with lots of inclines. It went well.

Otherwise I'm just preparing to start school again next week. I started my reading, looked at information for interviews for interships next summer. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, I'm going to go up to the school and check on my financial aid, print some cases for my classes, look for reading assingments. Then dinner with my sister and she is going to help me clean my old apartment. Hopefully we'll get everything done so that after this weekend I wont have to think about it anymore.

Oh and on a funny note I was looking at pictures from my vacation, I have the ones from my camera and the ones from my friends, I came across one that was a shot of me from the back side (I'm not sure if her husband took it intentionally of us walking away from him talking, or if he was adjusting the settings and accidently snapped it.) I was suprised to see how small I look from that angle. It's one of those reminders that I am not the same person I was.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Well, I'm here, new but here. Remember, do you have any b/4-after pics? Your weight loss is amazing!! what is your plan?
We had a little excitement this week, my dh brother had a 4wheeler accident and is in the hospital, w/ a skull fracture. So I didn't get to get online yesterday like i'd planned...i hope everyones week is good thus far!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Remember - woo hoo for a relaxing vacation! Good luck with back-to-school, too.

Brittany - good luck with the beginning of school, I'm sure you'll be great!

Lots - Yikes! Hope your BIL mends quickly!

As for me... I have a stinkin' summer cold. Feeling better bit by bit, but also realising I'm a big baby when I'm sick! :P My plan is to jump right back on the horse and start Ct5K on Monday. Eek!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #8  
No more fake foods!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone, I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I used to come on 3FC a lot a couple months ago, and I spent a lot of time on the 20-somethings board. Well, school was out and I went back home for summer where I don't have the internet. So it was bye-bye to 3FC and eventually, my diet. I didn't notice how much 3FC affected my motivation to lose weight. Well, school's back and I'm back! Well, I'm ready to finally lose SOMETHING!!
PurdueGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:27 PM   #9  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hello. I am new to the weekly chat but thought I would throw in my two cents for the week. I started school back this week. I teach gifted students at two different elementary schools. I was a classroom teacher for five years, but I am glad to do this because I actually have time to go the gym. We've gone to lunch a couple of days and the dieting hasn't been as strict. Today we went to McD's and I had a very "healthy" salad and finished it off with a vanilla cone. Yikes!! Oh well, we have to enjoy it right? I just wanted to post, I will be leaving for my cycle class in a few.
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hey all,

I've been pretty MIA lately since I just started school again and moved into my apartment not even a week ago. Talk about a hectic week!! Classes are already rough but I think it will be a good year.

I saw Onederland on the scale this morning!!!! I just hope it sticks around. I'm not changing my ticker unless I see it again tomorrow morning. I deviated a bit from my plan when I didn't have Internet to track my calories, but I'm getting back on track now. (:

Brittany: I'm sure things will go great! I'm already nervous about my first day of teaching and it's more than 2 years away!

Remember: Have a great first day back!

Marianne: Hope you feel better soon!

Lots2go: How is your brother doing? I hope he's alright, any accident can be scary!

Purdue and Allie: Welcome to the chat!
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #11  
NewComer

Remember - I teach students with learning disabilities at an elementary school. I have second and third graders right now, and will probably have a few first graders by Christmas. My room is finally decorated, so I plan to spend all day tomorrow writing lessons. Then school starts on Monday! Good Luck to you for the start of school!

Lots2Go - Welcome, and I hope you're brother-in-law is doing ok!!!

Marianne - Hope you feel better soon!

Purdue - Welcome back!

Kayla - I bet you're so excited to be in your own apartment! Good luck with school this semester! And Congrats on seeing Onederland!!!

I've been pretty bad about my diet this week, but I've still been working out regularly, and I plan to start counting calories again next week. I took a week off b/c I've been in inservice all week with catering and eating out! But school starts on Mondays so I will be packing my lunch every day. I have my very first parent-teacher conference tomorrrow morning and am nervous!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:21 PM   #12  

Good luck Brittany, I'm sure things will go great at the p/t conference as well as w/ your counting

my bil is still about the same, still sedated and no change...which is much better than getting worse we're still praying hard for full recovery soon, and that the dr's will have wisdom...
i started walking today, i walked 1.75 miles 1 this morning and .75 this evening when dh came home, it got too dark to finish and my ds who turns 2 on Sunday pushed his little dump truck all the way this evening, so he was beat, hopefully he'll sleep in in the morning hope everyone has a great night
~rebecca
ETA: alliesmom, i just realized that your at your 1/2 mark how exciting!!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:50 AM   #13  

Lots – I hope your brother in law is ok. Yes I do have pictures of my weight loss here is a link to a slide show you don't need to have an accout with Kodak to view them you can just click on view and see them.

Practice – I hope your feeling better. I got a cold in June when I came back from Daytona Beach and it was terrible. Glad to hear you are going to jump right back in the C25K.

Perdue – Welcome back glad to see your starting the school year on the right track!

AlliesMom – I was just looking at your ticker and you are doing really well so far. Good job. And every needs a treat once in awhile, think about how much better things were because you ate the healthy salad rather then something else.

Kayla – Wow welcome to Onderland, isn’t it wonderful. How is your new apartment?

Brittany – Good luck with the parent teach conference and with bring your lunch!

Well I was just having a little freak out session about school. I think I’m going to take on a part time job, plus classes, plus I feel like everyone wants a piece of me. Normally when I freak like this I turn to food but instead I made a list of everything to do this weekend and then came here. I’m probable going to go to bed soon and hopefully in the morning I will not be freaking out. I haven’t been tracking my food since I got back. I’m definitely going to restart Monday when school starts. I’m going to create a strict plan and stick to it. I’ve also am going to plan my workout into my daily schedule this weekend so that that Monday I have a firm plan before the semester starts. I’ve been eating out too much lately (still trying to pick health items and bring leftovers home but still too many unknown calories) so that is going to stop. Well sorry about the little freak out/ vent.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #14  

remember...you look AMAZING! great job!!
dreamer...i'll be praying...it does work
Old 08-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #15  
No more fake foods!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Dreamer, here are some well wishes coming your way! I hope you did really well on the final and the course in general!
PurdueGal is offline   Reply With Quote